Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news. Chambers at right back. 15:52 - Jan 11 with 5231 viewsbraveblue

I really can’t believe I am reading this so often. He was so bad in that position teams used to target him!!!!
Good news. Chambers at right back. on 15:52 - Jan 11 with 5210 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It really is quite the turn of events. He will be even worse now, especially how with Lambert likes his full backs to play. No chance he will play there.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 15:55 - Jan 11 with 5189 viewsHerbivore

He wasn't bad. We were top 6 with him there and with an attacking full back on the other side he was fine and gave us good balance. He's a better CB and also his legs have gone a little bit so I wouldn't want him there now but to say he was awful is pure revisionism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:16 - Jan 11 with 5118 viewsSWGF

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 15:55 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

He wasn't bad. We were top 6 with him there and with an attacking full back on the other side he was fine and gave us good balance. He's a better CB and also his legs have gone a little bit so I wouldn't want him there now but to say he was awful is pure revisionism.

I believe the reason why we were top six was more to do with the centre forward scoring 27 league goals

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:24 - Jan 11 with 5078 viewsLeagueOne

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:16 - Jan 11 by SWGF

I believe the reason why we were top six was more to do with the centre forward scoring 27 league goals

Yup, and one of the reasons we weren't top two was the amount of silly goals we gave away, which cost us - that Mings, Berra, Smith, Chambo and Gerken were all guilty of at times.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:29 - Jan 11 with 5053 viewsunstableblue

Herbivore - he wasn’t a disaster as you say. But as soon as he was up against a tricky and/or fast winger he would get skinned.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:33 - Jan 11 with 5028 viewsSuperfrans

A. who has been saying Chambers will move to full back? I’ve not seen that.
B. He was full back in the defence which helped get us into the play-offs. He can’t have been that bad.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 16:34]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:37 - Jan 11 with 4987 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:33 - Jan 11 by Superfrans

A. who has been saying Chambers will move to full back? I’ve not seen that.
B. He was full back in the defence which helped get us into the play-offs. He can’t have been that bad.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 16:34]

A lot of the team for saturday threads feature heavy amounts of Chambers at RB.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:38 - Jan 11 with 4982 viewsBlueBadger

Look on the bright side, he'll be closer to the side of the pitch so that you'll find it easier to imagine him saying naughty words.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 16:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:39 - Jan 11 with 4973 viewsBlueBadger

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:29 - Jan 11 by unstableblue

Herbivore - he wasn’t a disaster as you say. But as soon as he was up against a tricky and/or fast winger he would get skinned.

So, pretty much like every other right back we've had since David Wright?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:41 - Jan 11 with 4953 viewsbongoblue91

Absolute madness, I’ve been thinking the same thing! Like you said teams targeted him and I would put it down to being the reason we didn’t finish top 2! Mick was slated by fans for constantly playing him there! People forget so quickly!
Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:46 - Jan 11 with 4919 viewsSuperfrans

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:37 - Jan 11 by JammyDodgerrr

Daft. Won’t happen.

For a start, Pennington is more of a full-back in recent seasons, if we want to switch one across to take out Spence.

That said, I’d take anyone over Spence atm.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:47 - Jan 11 with 4910 viewsunstableblue

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:39 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

So, pretty much like every other right back we've had since David Wright?

Absolutely 100% correct.

It’s the shame of the club.

No decent right back since Wright.

No truly creative “grab the game by the scruff of the neck” since Magilton. Albeit I do think Garvan have ot a good go... but just came up short.

No town manager of recent years can be deemed a success while these fundamental roles have remained unfulfilled.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:24 - Jan 11 with 4798 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:46 - Jan 11 by Superfrans

Daft. Won’t happen.

For a start, Pennington is more of a full-back in recent seasons, if we want to switch one across to take out Spence.

That said, I’d take anyone over Spence atm.

I think this is the root of the idea that Chambo may be going back to rb. It's an 'anyone but Spence' viewpoint. Which could well be in vain as Lambo has been supportive and played him when he didn't have to. There could be a player in there still, he's got a great pedigree which seems at odds with him being found out so often. A bit of an enigma.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:29 - Jan 11 with 4768 viewsBlueBadger

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:41 - Jan 11 by bongoblue91

Absolute madness, I’ve been thinking the same thing! Like you said teams targeted him and I would put it down to being the reason we didn’t finish top 2! Mick was slated by fans for constantly playing him there! People forget so quickly!

It's alright, like the man swearing at fans, it's only happening in his head.

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:30 - Jan 11 with 4756 viewsMrTown

Have a day off.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:30 - Jan 11 with 4754 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:47 - Jan 11 by unstableblue

Absolutely 100% correct.

It’s the shame of the club.

No decent right back since Wright.

No truly creative “grab the game by the scruff of the neck” since Magilton. Albeit I do think Garvan have ot a good go... but just came up short.

No town manager of recent years can be deemed a success while these fundamental roles have remained unfulfilled.

Oh, I don't know. Bowyer could grab people by the scruff of the neck...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:36 - Jan 11 with 4725 viewsBlueBadger

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:37 - Jan 11 by JammyDodgerrr

So, essentially, the OP is getting upset about something that is highly unlikey to happen?

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 4715 viewsBlueBadger

You're forgetting the most important thing in all of this. HE was one of Mick's key men.

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 18:47 - Jan 11 with 4592 viewsOsborneOneNil

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:30 - Jan 11 by MrTown

Have a day off.

He’s on one today.
Good news. Chambers at right back. on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 4588 viewsOsborneOneNil

Haha! He was awful, skinned constantly. We had a striker smashing goals in, that’s why we were top 6.
Good news. Chambers at right back. on 19:01 - Jan 11 with 4541 viewsblueislander

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 17:30 - Jan 11 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, I don't know. Bowyer could grab people by the scruff of the neck...

Keane ruined Garvan
Good news. Chambers at right back. on 19:03 - Jan 11 with 4529 viewsBlueBadger

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 19:01 - Jan 11 by blueislander

Keane ruined Garvan

In a very real sense, Keane is responsible for the mess we find ourselves in now. Had he not wasted his transfer fund so spectacularly, managers following him would probably have had a bit more money to play with in the transfer market.

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 20:01 - Jan 11 with 4428 viewsEly_Blue

Good news. Chambers at right back. on 16:29 - Jan 11 by unstableblue

So no different to what we have been playing with all season then!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024