Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? 15:59 - Jan 11 with 5848 viewsCoastalblue

Got some of his own signings in to try and play the way he wants, albeit several will not be fully match fit.
I think this month will be interesting, if we can stay injury free then we get a sense of what might have been, probably not going to do enough to stay up but I think we'll be a different proposition within a week or two.
I'm really looking forward to the next few games.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:02 - Jan 11 with 5832 viewswkj

Lambert is starting at RB tomorrow

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:02 - Jan 11 with 5830 viewsVic

I know what you mean, but I suspect next August will be when he starts with a clean slate on a level playing field. From then on there will be no excuse, regardless of what league we’re in. At the moment, even with these new signings, he’s playing catch up in every sense.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:05 - Jan 11 with 5811 viewsDarth_Koont

Definitely. He's done well from a performance perspective but the players just haven't looked capable of translating those into results.

Borrowing from the Brexit movie analogy, this is his first chance to not just reboot the system but introduce a new OS.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:08 - Jan 11 with 5781 viewsNo9

Good points & for what it's worth he does seem to have Mr E ear, I can't see PL bringing in all this new staff without an OK from above
I wonder if it is this change in the Owners thinking which is seeing Mr Milne depart?
Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:08 - Jan 11 with 5788 viewsJammyDodgerrr

There is definitely more scope to be a tiny bit more critical on his performance, starting tomorrow if you wanted to. Up until now, he has had to deal with the hand dealt to him, but it's a bit more moulded now.

The reality is though that he gets until 10 or 15 games into next season when he has had the summer he wants.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:13 - Jan 11 with 5760 viewsCoastalblue

Yes I certainly wasn't suggesting he should be judged on this as being his team, more that we should start to get a better idea of how he wants to do things and how it's likely to work.

Agree with what's been said above, not really fair to judge him until after the summer.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 17:08 - Jan 11 with 5665 viewsIllinoisblue

we'll do Rotherham by at least 4 goals tomorrow. The 12472 in attendance are going to love it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 17:10 - Jan 11 with 5656 viewsSWGF

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 17:08 - Jan 11 by Illinoisblue

we'll do Rotherham by at least 4 goals tomorrow. The 12472 in attendance are going to love it.

Exactly. All but negate the goal difference in one fell swoop.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 5634 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:08 - Jan 11 by JammyDodgerrr

There is definitely more scope to be a tiny bit more critical on his performance, starting tomorrow if you wanted to. Up until now, he has had to deal with the hand dealt to him, but it's a bit more moulded now.

The reality is though that he gets until 10 or 15 games into next season when he has had the summer he wants.

I'm more in agreement with your first paragraph than the second. I can see the logic behind judging him after the summer, but he was brought in to make a difference now. And managers don't get time. At the start of the season plenty of posters were saying that Hurst had a long-term project and it could take a year or more. That patience soon ran out.

A good manager should be able to improve the team by working with the players he has available. Mick had no problem in that regard, for example. We had the 'new manager bounce' straight away and he got a decent run of results under his belt before he could bring in his own players. Mind you, he had a goal scorer in DJ Campbell, which is vital, and there may be an argument that this lot are so poor that even the love child of a threesome between Brian Clough, Sir Alex and Pep Guardiola couldn't save them!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 5531 viewsBluedandy

Tomorrow is either the start of the greatest escape in Championship history or the latest iteration in the worst season in Ipswich Town history.
Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 18:29 - Jan 11 with 5484 viewspositivity

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 16:08 - Jan 11 by JammyDodgerrr

will he last that long? good chance he'll be off in the summer, if he works a miracle, other teams will want him, if he doesn't manage it, don't recokon he'll want to stay on.

going by the metric of judging a manager 40 or so games after they start, hurst wouldn't be up for crtiicism for 15 or so games from now!!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 18:48]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 21:38 - Jan 11 with 5347 views44_not_out

Why is it Ipswich fans first instinct is to consider criticising, yet the game hasn’t even kicked off
Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 09:20 - Jan 12 with 5103 views3_5_2

my view he has done well and the new players will need to bed and slowly he is getting some of "his" players just wish he had been here earlier but it is what it is

I just hope he is here next season whatever division we are in

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 09:38 - Jan 12 with 5077 viewsKeaneish

With Collins and Skuse in the side, the spine of the team is looking a lot stronger. If Judge and Marshall come in there's cause for optimism I think. Losing out on pilkington was a big blow though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 10:33 - Jan 12 with 5013 viewsRyorry

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 18:29 - Jan 11 by positivity

will he last that long? good chance he'll be off in the summer, if he works a miracle, other teams will want him, if he doesn't manage it, don't recokon he'll want to stay on.

going by the metric of judging a manager 40 or so games after they start, hurst wouldn't be up for crtiicism for 15 or so games from now!!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 18:48]

I think you have the wrong username.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 11:29 - Jan 12 with 4963 viewsStokieBlue

To an extent yes.

However he's still had nothing like what Hurst had in the summer, at best it's a partial rebuild using no money.

Would be harsh to judge on anything but that basis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 11:58 - Jan 12 with 4921 viewsPecker

Totally. Now we will see if all the talk transfers into points. I think it will. I think he knows what he is doing. The next few games will show us a little, but still quite a weak squad, so don't be to hard on him.
Is there a sense Lambert's reign starts properly tomorrow? on 14:54 - Jan 12 with 4831 viewsVic

Seeing the team he’s put out this afternoon, with none of Hursts signings on the pitch and lots of changes all over the shop I’ve changed my mind - yes, Lamberts reign does indeed start here!

If this team clicks and we get a good performance and a decent result then the escape, might, jus might, be on. In which case Lambert is a genius.

But I just dare not get my hopes up again!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024