Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BDS Public Service Announcement...... 17:14 - Jan 11 with 2747 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....make sure you have plenty of antifreeze in your cars and get the kids sledges out.....the polar vortex is coming! From next weekend and probably well in to February (tempted to say def info but it is the weather!) This news is not brought to you by The Daily Express.
.....in other news the Class 37 was a lovely diesel locomotive!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 17:46 - Jan 11 with 2674 viewsfactual_blue

The Met Office's official response to this was 'balls'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 2660 viewsgiant_stow

deltec?

I saw the express is getting exciting again - is your info from weather nerds?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 2657 viewswkj

I just drank the last of mine, you live close to me (i think) got any spare?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 17:50 - Jan 11 with 2651 viewswkj

Also please change title to

BDSM Public Service Announcement, the M will highlight it is meteorological related

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 18:01 - Jan 11 with 2619 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 17:49 - Jan 11 by giant_stow

deltec?

I saw the express is getting exciting again - is your info from weather nerds?

A mixture of subscribing to a long range forecaster for work and lurking on a weather geek forum! Deltic was even nicer.....class 55!

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 18:15 - Jan 11 with 2581 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 18:01 - Jan 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

A mixture of subscribing to a long range forecaster for work and lurking on a weather geek forum! Deltic was even nicer.....class 55!

Triple Polar Vortex apparently.

Seems your sources back in December were right again.

Keep us posted chap. Got a lot booked in for February.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 18:19 - Jan 11 with 2569 viewsgiant_stow

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 18:01 - Jan 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

ah I see - I'm only a partial train geek (with potential to go full).

Interesting stuff on the weather - please keep the updates coming!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 19:10 - Jan 11 with 2484 viewspickles110564

They are nice but I'm a 66 man
Login to get fewer ads

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 19:14 - Jan 11 with 2459 viewspickles110564

Forgot to add we used a 37 as our shunt loco in Daventry at the rail depot i set up
BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:28 - Jan 11 with 2371 viewsLesta_Tractor

What's the best website for easy to understand info on the polar vortex/winter forecast bds?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 2326 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:28 - Jan 11 by Lesta_Tractor

What's the best website for easy to understand info on the polar vortex/winter forecast bds?

This is a blog about last years sudden stratospheric warming which causes the polar vortex (a column of increasingly frigid air, which normally revolves west to east) to warm from the top down, spin from east to west, split and slip from the pole southwards!
https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/8730-sudden-stratospheric-warmi
For a load of weathergeeks getting repeatedly excited/despondent about the prospects of snow this can be informative and entertaining and includes at least one proud Town fan (I just observe).....currently they are 99% at the extreme excitement level.....
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91150-model-output-discussion-7th-january-

Edit.....the most considered stuff is what I pay for and they are on board the snowmageddon express too at the moment!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 21:46]

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:44 - Jan 11 with 2322 viewsLesta_Tractor

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:44 - Jan 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

This is a blog about last years sudden stratospheric warming which causes the polar vortex (a column of increasingly frigid air, which normally revolves west to east) to warm from the top down, spin from east to west, split and slip from the pole southwards!
https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/8730-sudden-stratospheric-warmi
For a load of weathergeeks getting repeatedly excited/despondent about the prospects of snow this can be informative and entertaining and includes at least one proud Town fan (I just observe).....currently they are 99% at the extreme excitement level.....
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91150-model-output-discussion-7th-january-

Edit.....the most considered stuff is what I pay for and they are on board the snowmageddon express too at the moment!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 21:46]

Cheers fella

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 22:11 - Jan 15 with 2157 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 21:44 - Jan 11 by Lesta_Tractor

Cheers fella

Have you looked at the forum......it's in meltdown (well freeze mode)! Confidence only mounting.

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:35 - Jan 16 with 2050 viewsBenters2

Its just going to be cold no snow in Benterscentral.

Yet

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:42 - Jan 16 with 2038 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:35 - Jan 16 by Benters2

Its just going to be cold no snow in Benterscentral.

Yet

Morning buh.
Could be some flurries middle of next week. Hoping that is not the case, but will be keeping an eye on the forecast. I,m sure Bankster will update the relevant information.

Happy gardening.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:55 - Jan 16 with 2023 viewsBenters2

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:42 - Jan 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Morning buh.
Could be some flurries middle of next week. Hoping that is not the case, but will be keeping an eye on the forecast. I,m sure Bankster will update the relevant information.

Happy gardening.

Yeah next Tuesday looks a bit iffy.

Cheers buh,you too.
BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 08:22 - Jan 16 with 1981 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 07:42 - Jan 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

Morning buh.

Happy gardening.

Here is the latest forecast general pattern......the detail regarding snow is always variable and only accurately forecast a few days beforehand it does seem that a proper cold spell is highly likely though due to the 'sudden stratospheric warming.'
Here ends my Carol Kirkwood moment....

"The ECMWF 46-day model has been consistent in its predictions of the last few weeks.

Today's output is no different with the idea that colder weather is likely is maintained.

So here is what the latest guidance suggests ...

14th January to 21st January
A ridge of high pressure to the west.
Trough to the east.
Winds mainly a cold north to northeasterly.
Wintry weather could affect eastern areas.
Western areas drier.
Cold for all.

22nd January to 28th January
Trough brings low pressure south of the UK (see chart).
East to northeast flow affects much of the country.
The risk of a wintry week with sleet and snow.
Significant falls of snow could occur.
Drier west, most snow in east.

29th January to 4th February
The trough remains to the south of the country with low pressure here too.
Staying cold for most with a risk of sleet and snow, most east and south.
The far south of England may be milder.
Highest risk of snow in central and eastern areas.

5th February to 11th February
Low pressure may well be centred over France again, high pressure north and west.
Cold northeast flow.
Snow in southern and eastern areas.
Frosty north and west.

12th February to 18th February
The low remains to the southeast of the UK.
A north to northeast flow.
Remaining cold for all.
Sleet and snow, most in east and south.

19th February to 25th February
Some hints of the weather becoming milder in the south, cold in the north.
The jet stream forecast to be over the UK.
Heavier periods of snow and sleet may retreat to the north.
Heavy rain and gales in the south.

26th February to 3rd March
Pressure may build this week,
More unsettled weather retreats to the west.
Higher pressure in the east and the north where it will be drier and brighter, frosty too."
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 8:24]

BDS Public Service Announcement...... on 08:38 - Jan 16 with 1959 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Thanks Bankster/Carol.

A most informative piece of information.

Better insulate the outdoor taps, get out the thermals & adjust my diary accordingly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024