Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Hurst came across quite well 18:42 - Jan 11 with 4739 viewsthebooks

in the Sky interview. The "no dickheads" thing is a bit Bielsa like; you can see why we were enthusiastic in those early days. The thing about sports science is a bit odd, though; we were quite unscientific in that regard as we looked slow and unfit.

All very clear that the problem *is* Evans: poor choices, poor contract management, lack of funds and leaving a void around the club.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:47 - Jan 11 with 4696 viewsBlueBadger

If you ignore his transfer dealings, tactics, team selections and man management, Hurst definitely was utterly blameless.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 4685 viewsPJH

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:47 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

If you ignore his transfer dealings, tactics, team selections and man management, Hurst definitely was utterly blameless.

He is good at sports science though-and SKY interviews.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:50 - Jan 11 with 4684 viewsVic

Um, how was Evans responsible for the poor fitness, slow play, lack of goals from new signings, etc, etc?

Sorry, I’m not buying that. burst talks a good game, but here at town he was out of his depth from day one. The one mistake Evans made in it all was not having someone around to advices Hurst when he started over reaching himself. Several on here saw it - most of us kept our counsel, hoping it would be OK. But within a few days, certa8nly a few weeks, the danger signs were there.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:51 - Jan 11 with 4680 viewsBlueBadger

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:48 - Jan 11 by PJH

He is good at sports science though-and SKY interviews.

I think we all learnt last season that results come a poor second to saying the right thing in pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:55 - Jan 11 with 4646 viewsPJH

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:51 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

I think we all learnt last season that results come a poor second to saying the right thing in pressers.

Yes, that finishing mid table is overrated anyway.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:55 - Jan 11 with 4646 viewsKeno

Im not keen on managers who do good in pressers

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 18:56 - Jan 11 with 4645 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Anybody can come across well in an interview though, we were fooled by his soundbites early doors- we shouldn't be fooled after he has gone.

Poll: Best Football Song

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:04 - Jan 11 with 4599 viewsbluefunk

Hurst can take his poundshop management speak and stick it where the sun don’t shine - he fecked up my football club with his arrogance and made sure that most senior pros took the opportunity to get out while they could. Notable that Collins didn’t take up Hursts offer, but was more than happy to work with Lambert.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 19:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:15 - Jan 11 with 4545 viewsbrogansnose

Nice bit of revisionism and spin there Little Roy.

I despise that little scheisse bag so very much.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 4528 viewsJ2BLUE

No d1ckheads...did someone forget to tell Doig?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:54 - Jan 11 with 4412 viewsmrshallisfit

I thought he came as a deluded little twonk. Football is a game of opinions isnt it.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:55 - Jan 11 with 4407 viewsSpruceMoose

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:54 - Jan 11 by mrshallisfit

I thought he came as a deluded little twonk. Football is a game of opinions isnt it.

Indeed, most of them moronic ones.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:05 - Jan 11 with 4373 viewsKeno

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 19:04 - Jan 11 by bluefunk

Hurst can take his poundshop management speak and stick it where the sun don’t shine - he fecked up my football club with his arrogance and made sure that most senior pros took the opportunity to get out while they could. Notable that Collins didn’t take up Hursts offer, but was more than happy to work with Lambert.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 19:17]

so your not a fan then funkie

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:13 - Jan 11 with 4346 viewsthebooks

guys, guys, I should make it clear I think he ficked up big time...
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:18 - Jan 11 with 4319 viewsKeno

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:13 - Jan 11 by thebooks

guys, guys, I should make it clear I think he ficked up big time...

he fvucked up bigger than someone who fvcked something up really well

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 4218 viewsbluefunk

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:05 - Jan 11 by Keno

so your not a fan then funkie

I knew he was a wrong’un when he got here, with his attitude towards senior pros, even though I was prepared to give him a chance to prove me wrong. I’ve heard enough of these management sloganiser types to know that far too often that conviction that they are right doesn’t extend to any ability to make the right decisions,
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 21:05 - Jan 11 with 4171 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Thought he came across well", considering he ruined our club?

Sky interview, perfect place to say, "I made mistakes, I've no wish to see Ipswich where they are"

Did he? No, an interview full of, 'well, actually it was everyone elses fault. EVERYONE ELSE. Not mine."

Arrogant tw at. He can feck off back to what ever bridge he was hiding under.

I'll get my coat.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 21:18 - Jan 11 with 4119 viewsKeno

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:50 - Jan 11 by bluefunk

I knew he was a wrong’un when he got here, with his attitude towards senior pros, even though I was prepared to give him a chance to prove me wrong. I’ve heard enough of these management sloganiser types to know that far too often that conviction that they are right doesn’t extend to any ability to make the right decisions,

I wouldn't disagree with any of that!!

you and I have suffered the same management styles over the years!!

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 21:50 - Jan 11 with 4055 viewsCuffy81

The irony in him talking about excuses made by the players and then reeling off a load for what happened is substantial.

I think his media qualifications done him well with this interview in terms of making it plausible, Shame he didn't cover why none of our players looked like they any clue of what they should be doing on the pitch , why we didn't seem to know who was taking our set pieces and why his lone striker had absolutely no support for 3 months.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 22:36 - Jan 11 with 3954 viewsSwansea_Blue

And are being reminded of it under Lambert.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 10:56 - Jan 12 with 3684 viewstractorshark

Personally, I wouldn’t get taken in by Hurst.
All this the players didn’t buy into what we were doing.
Hang on a minute, nor did Hurst. He chopped and changed his tactics, his selection and ditched his ethos at the first sign of trouble. Look at the panicked team selection against Norwich.
I thought he’d have the credentials to do well with us but the man’s a charlatan.
I date back to the days of Bobby Robson and, without a shadow of doubt, Hurst is the worst manager I’ve seen at Ipswich.
Roy Keane was tactically inept and had the man-management skills of Genghis Khan but even he was better.
Like I say, don’t be fooled by a credible performance in a Sky interview. That kind of PR got Hurst the Ipswich job in the first place.
Thought Hurst came across quite well on 11:04 - Jan 12 with 3668 viewsRyorry

Thought Hurst came across quite well on 20:18 - Jan 11 by Keno

he fvucked up bigger than someone who fvcked something up really well

I should be grateful to Wursty really; he revealed for the furst time in my 6 decades that there was someone out there who actually fvucked up even bigger and better than I ever have!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024