Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for tomorrow 01:24 - Jan 12 with 5916 viewsMrTown

Bialkowski
Spence / Chambers / Collins / Kenlock
Bishop / Skuse / Chalobah
Lankester / Quaner / Sears

Subs:
Gerken
Pennington
Elder
Keane
Dawkins
Downes
Huws

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team for tomorrow on 07:57 - Jan 12 with 3314 viewsHerbivore

I think it'll be:

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Collins
Elder

Skuse
Downes
Bishop

Sears
Lankester
Keane

Subs:

Gerken
Pennington
Kenlock
Chalobah
Huws
Quaner
Dawkins

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team for tomorrow on 07:59 - Jan 12 with 3311 viewsitfcjoe

Gerken

Pennington
Chambers
Collins
Elder

Skuse
Chalobah

Lankester
Keane
Sears

Quaner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team for tomorrow on 08:27 - Jan 12 with 3246 viewsDubtractor

Team for tomorrow on 07:59 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Gerken

Pennington
Chambers
Collins
Elder

Skuse
Chalobah

Lankester
Keane
Sears

Quaner

I fooking hope we don't play either of Chambers or Pennington at right back!

My guess is

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Collins
Elder (I suspect Lambert doesn't really rate Kenlock)

Bishop
Skuse
Chalobah

Quaner
Lankester or Sears
Keane

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Team for tomorrow on 08:31 - Jan 12 with 3240 viewsfloridaboy

Team for tomorrow on 07:59 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Gerken

Pennington
Chambers
Collins
Elder

Skuse
Chalobah

Lankester
Keane
Sears

Quaner

Like that side. Think both Keane and Quaner will start. Like Pennington at right back. Hasn't he played there at Everton?
Team for tomorrow on 08:34 - Jan 12 with 3230 viewsKeaneish

Team for tomorrow on 08:31 - Jan 12 by floridaboy

Like that side. Think both Keane and Quaner will start. Like Pennington at right back. Hasn't he played there at Everton?

He played there for us under Hurst. Lambert won't play him there though, not his type of full back. Calls for Chambers to play there are bewildering at best.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team for tomorrow on 08:37 - Jan 12 with 3222 viewsDubtractor

Team for tomorrow on 08:34 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

He played there for us under Hurst. Lambert won't play him there though, not his type of full back. Calls for Chambers to play there are bewildering at best.

He played there against QPR and was awful. As was Donacien at left back.

That was one of our worst back 4s I've seen in a long while.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Team for tomorrow on 08:40 - Jan 12 with 3205 viewsitfcjoe

Team for tomorrow on 08:34 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

Prepare to be shocked

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team for tomorrow on 08:46 - Jan 12 with 3193 viewsunstableblue

Team for tomorrow on 07:57 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

I think it'll be:

Bart

Spence
Chambers
Collins
Elder

Skuse
Downes
Bishop

Sears
Lankester
Keane

Subs:

Gerken
Pennington
Kenlock
Chalobah
Huws
Quaner
Dawkins

I agree that is probably Lamberts thoughts

You'd think dozzel would make the bench

Harsh on Chalobah.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for tomorrow on 09:15 - Jan 12 with 3137 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 08:46 - Jan 12 by unstableblue

I agree that is probably Lamberts thoughts

You'd think dozzel would make the bench

Harsh on Chalobah.

I think it has to be Chalobah or Skuse at home ideally and for me Skuse is the better player at present. I have a feeling Dozzer won't make the bench and might well go out on loan this month.

I'm surprised lots of people think Quaner and Keane will both start, our system lends itself to only one of them starting assuming Quaner is seen as a number 9.

I really hope we don't see Pennington at right back, or in the side at all ideally.

Team for tomorrow on 09:40 - Jan 12 with 3100 viewsGiveusaWave

Team for tomorrow on 09:15 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

I think it has to be Chalobah or Skuse at home ideally and for me Skuse is the better player at present. I have a feeling Dozzer won't make the bench and might well go out on loan this month.

I'm surprised lots of people think Quaner and Keane will both start, our system lends itself to only one of them starting assuming Quaner is seen as a number 9.

I really hope we don't see Pennington at right back, or in the side at all ideally.

Pennington has been woeful of late...but I stand by what I have said before...there is a player in there. Sadly....that player will shine in a few years time for another team.

I'd like a starting XI that has Skuse and Chalobah in the centre

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Team for tomorrow on 09:42 - Jan 12 with 3101 viewsbilllm

Team for tomorrow on 08:40 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

Prepare to be shocked

Interesting, I think last time there was a shock it was you who said a shocks coming and Roberts started for PL, IL BE INTRIGUED, TY
Team for tomorrow on 09:46 - Jan 12 with 3073 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 09:40 - Jan 12 by GiveusaWave

Pennington has been woeful of late...but I stand by what I have said before...there is a player in there. Sadly....that player will shine in a few years time for another team.

I'd like a starting XI that has Skuse and Chalobah in the centre

I think bottom end of the Championship is his ceiling to be honest. He's 24 and I struggle to identify what he's actually good at as a defender. He's not commanding, he's not quick, he's not very good on the ball, his positioning and marking is woeful.

Team for tomorrow on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 3057 viewswkj

Bart vs Gerken by wkj 12 Jan 2019 7:15
Rather interestingly I have noticed looking at all the team selection predictions on here is the sway people have between both of our keepers. I am fully aware of the Bart situation season, though it has become evident in the Spence posts many of us feel the problem is as much losing possession as it is defending. So does this consideration apply to the goalies too?

Has Bart's Stanley appearance alone done enough to warrant renewed faith in our wayward hero, or has Gerken's games prior just not been any better.

I asked this earlier but will slap it here, I am genuinely curious about the divide in people's decisions about who the GK should be, considering it was mostly all Gerken before stanley.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Team for tomorrow on 09:56 - Jan 12 with 3034 viewsKeaneish

Team for tomorrow on 09:46 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

I think bottom end of the Championship is his ceiling to be honest. He's 24 and I struggle to identify what he's actually good at as a defender. He's not commanding, he's not quick, he's not very good on the ball, his positioning and marking is woeful.

Think that criticism is harsh. Pennington is becoming another Spence with divided opinions all over the place. I think Pennington is left exposed time and time again by midfielders not tracking or full backs switching off. Highly expect he'll be dropped today though and we'll see a world of difference between him and Collins and understandably so.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team for tomorrow on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 3028 viewsTootingblue

Interestingly not a single Hurst permanent signing amongst these team predictions. Says it all really, That was £5-6Million well spent.
Team for tomorrow on 09:58 - Jan 12 with 3021 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 09:50 - Jan 12 by wkj

Bart vs Gerken by wkj 12 Jan 2019 7:15
Rather interestingly I have noticed looking at all the team selection predictions on here is the sway people have between both of our keepers. I am fully aware of the Bart situation season, though it has become evident in the Spence posts many of us feel the problem is as much losing possession as it is defending. So does this consideration apply to the goalies too?

Has Bart's Stanley appearance alone done enough to warrant renewed faith in our wayward hero, or has Gerken's games prior just not been any better.

I asked this earlier but will slap it here, I am genuinely curious about the divide in people's decisions about who the GK should be, considering it was mostly all Gerken before stanley.

Gerken hasn't shone and Bart has greater ability. He did well at Accrington so I'd let him keep the gloves. Both are a risk at present but if Bart can get a couple of solid performances under his belt it'll boost his confidence and a confident Bart is worth a good few points between now and May. I do think it's a toss up who Lambert will pick though.

Team for tomorrow on 09:59 - Jan 12 with 3015 viewswkj

I just hope for all the hype around Collins we don't lose him to an injury so soon after getting him like we did Walters, although Hurst selecting him after getting a knock was silly.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Team for tomorrow on 10:00 - Jan 12 with 3011 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 09:56 - Jan 12 by Keaneish

Think that criticism is harsh. Pennington is becoming another Spence with divided opinions all over the place. I think Pennington is left exposed time and time again by midfielders not tracking or full backs switching off. Highly expect he'll be dropped today though and we'll see a world of difference between him and Collins and understandably so.

Which bit do you think is harsh? It's all pretty accurate. Blaming his teammates is just lazy, he's making rank bad individual errors in pretty much every game and they are frequently costing us goals.

Team for tomorrow on 10:17 - Jan 12 with 2954 viewstractorshark

We’ll get confirmation today of who Lambert doesn’t rate.
Team for tomorrow on 10:19 - Jan 12 with 2952 viewsPJH

Team for tomorrow on 09:58 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Gerken hasn't shone and Bart has greater ability. He did well at Accrington so I'd let him keep the gloves. Both are a risk at present but if Bart can get a couple of solid performances under his belt it'll boost his confidence and a confident Bart is worth a good few points between now and May. I do think it's a toss up who Lambert will pick though.

I think it will be and should be Gerken today.
There is no doubt that the Bart of the previous two and a half seasons is the better keeper by a long way but the Bart of this season is not.
I agree that the only way that Bart could get back to being the Bart that we love is by playing well and regaining confidence but I do not think that we are in a position where we can risk the this season's Bart making a few more appearances.

It possibly is a toss up but as I say, I think it will be and should be Gerken.
Team for tomorrow on 10:26 - Jan 12 with 2935 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 10:19 - Jan 12 by PJH

I think it will be and should be Gerken today.
There is no doubt that the Bart of the previous two and a half seasons is the better keeper by a long way but the Bart of this season is not.
I agree that the only way that Bart could get back to being the Bart that we love is by playing well and regaining confidence but I do not think that we are in a position where we can risk the this season's Bart making a few more appearances.

It possibly is a toss up but as I say, I think it will be and should be Gerken.

If Gerken wasn't also making errors then I'd agree but his performances have been pretty shaky too. I do feel it's a toss up but I lean to Bart as the potential upside is much bigger.

Team for tomorrow on 10:34 - Jan 12 with 2919 viewschristiand

Gerken for Bart and I think you've got the starting XI Mr Town!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Team for tomorrow on 10:39 - Jan 12 with 2909 viewschristiand

Team for tomorrow on 10:00 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Which bit do you think is harsh? It's all pretty accurate. Blaming his teammates is just lazy, he's making rank bad individual errors in pretty much every game and they are frequently costing us goals.

Like the rest of our back line then?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Team for tomorrow on 10:40 - Jan 12 with 2906 viewsPJH

Team for tomorrow on 10:26 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

If Gerken wasn't also making errors then I'd agree but his performances have been pretty shaky too. I do feel it's a toss up but I lean to Bart as the potential upside is much bigger.

Bart has come down to Gerken's level or even slightly below it in my opinion.
I think Gerken's performances are more or less what they have always been but Bart's have dropped dramatically.
Team for tomorrow on 10:40 - Jan 12 with 2904 viewsHerbivore

Team for tomorrow on 10:39 - Jan 12 by christiand

Like the rest of our back line then?

Nobody has made more individual errors leading directly to goals than Pennington though. And he's not even our player so we can't benefit from any learning he might be doing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024