Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... 17:14 - Jan 12 with 4561 viewsRozz

We categorically would not have defended that sheer number of crosses and aerial threats with the squad we had a week ago.

Hope Collins can stay fit. Absolute behemoth.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 4481 viewsgrimboy

LIsten to it on the radio seemed like we had no leaders ,no one to try and slow the game down and keep possession.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:20 - Jan 12 with 4434 viewsRyorry

Collins worked an influential shift then?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 4393 viewsurbanblue

i follow stats said they had 37 crosses to our 6!
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 4364 viewsjimmyvet

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:23 - Jan 12 by urbanblue

But the important stat is 1 0.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 4312 viewsRozz

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:23 - Jan 12 by urbanblue

Interesting to see if that includes the long throws. You could add 15 to that number if not.

Our Achilles heal this season has been defending balls into our 18 yard box. Shambolic half of football, but at least we've got a bit of steel around our goal at last.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 18:31 - Jan 12 with 4134 viewsNWBlue

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:31 - Jan 12 by Rozz

Interesting to see if that includes the long throws. You could add 15 to that number if not.

Our Achilles heal this season has been defending balls into our 18 yard box. Shambolic half of football, but at least we've got a bit of steel around our goal at last.

A desperately needed result but to be outplayed by a team in 21st place and themselves a bit adrift of 20th is not inclined to make me feel optimistic. With the fixtures coming up to the end of February we will need more than the 3 points we got from Millwall and Rotherham at home. We need at least 1.42 points per game average over the remaining 19 games which seems a massive ask compared to our current 0.67 points per game average over the first 27 games. Still we live in hope of a miracle.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 18:38 - Jan 12 with 4103 viewsjas0999

Completely agree.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 18:40 - Jan 12 with 4086 viewscooperd5

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 18:38 - Jan 12 by jas0999

Completely agree.

We need to stop hoofing the ball from the goal kick, 9/10 it comes straight back at us. Why doesn't Gerken play it short at least sometimes? Especially with 30 seconds to go.
Login to get fewer ads

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 19:23 - Jan 12 with 4009 viewsSonOfSpock

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 18:40 - Jan 12 by cooperd5

We need to stop hoofing the ball from the goal kick, 9/10 it comes straight back at us. Why doesn't Gerken play it short at least sometimes? Especially with 30 seconds to go.

Gerkens kicking and general distribution is woeful.

I feel a bit more confident with "thou shall not pass" Collins. He also looked calm on ball and was looking up for pass.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 19:40 - Jan 12 with 3969 viewsRozz

Both centre halves normally drop towards the corner flag to receive ball from Gerks. It was remarked on the radio that Collins didn't look interested in doing so. Chambers stopped bothering at HT.

I wonder if this, along with some of PL's comments post match, indicates a slight change of style when trying to hold a lead? We've been architects of our own downfall so often with stupid mistakes playing around at the back. He did say it's not how he wants to play, but sometimes you have to.

I'll be glad of we don't again!
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 20:03 - Jan 12 with 3932 viewsbadadski

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 19:40 - Jan 12 by Rozz

Both centre halves normally drop towards the corner flag to receive ball from Gerks. It was remarked on the radio that Collins didn't look interested in doing so. Chambers stopped bothering at HT.

I wonder if this, along with some of PL's comments post match, indicates a slight change of style when trying to hold a lead? We've been architects of our own downfall so often with stupid mistakes playing around at the back. He did say it's not how he wants to play, but sometimes you have to.

First half both Collins and chambers had markers on them for the shortball. The silly thing is there was a massive gap in midfield and needed a player to sweep up the second ball when we were pumping up from goal kicks. We lost ever second ball in midfield , skuse was rusty and chalobah seems scared to compete for aerial balls and was constantly beaten to the ball and outmuscled.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 20:19]
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 20:14 - Jan 12 with 3895 viewsbluejacko

Mind you IF we had at least one player up the field during those corners and throw ins half them balls would not have been pumped straight back in!
It’s so bloody frustrating!!
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 20:18 - Jan 12 with 3869 viewsPecker

Collins will be our saviour. Even if he doesn't play, his presence is invaluable.
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 20:41 - Jan 12 with 3806 viewsRamRob

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 17:18 - Jan 12 by grimboy

LIsten to it on the radio seemed like we had no leaders ,no one to try and slow the game down and keep possession.

Hard to keep possession with Rotherham's pressing to be fair.

Also didn't help that the ref wasn't allowing the football to flow, too quick to blow, pulled play back when he could have allowed advantage and seemed to let strong challenges go when ball played long but any contact when trying to tackle was a free kick.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 3760 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 19:40 - Jan 12 by Rozz

That tactic has concerned me this season. Several Premier League sides seem to be doing it but their defenders have more composure and quality on the ball. Even with them I sometimes feel they are pushing their luck.

I think it is something we could use (especially with Collins and his composure) but we need to mix it up. Hopefully Quaner and Keane will mean that when we do go long, there is more chance of it sticking too. Gerken needs to learn to kick straight though (or aim for out of touch on the left so it will end up somewhere on the pitch).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:12 - Jan 12 with 3733 viewsHugoagogo

We played out from the back in the first half, but Rotherham put a man on our centre halfs from kick offs after half time. They negated that option. We need a plan b in those instances, for sure. And not long ball...
Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:22 - Jan 12 with 3698 viewsPlums

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 20:03 - Jan 12 by badadski

First half both Collins and chambers had markers on them for the shortball. The silly thing is there was a massive gap in midfield and needed a player to sweep up the second ball when we were pumping up from goal kicks. We lost ever second ball in midfield , skuse was rusty and chalobah seems scared to compete for aerial balls and was constantly beaten to the ball and outmuscled.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 20:19]

Yes, for a supposed centre half, Trev looked very lacking in the physical part of the game today.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:31 - Jan 12 with 3666 viewsRamRob

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:12 - Jan 12 by Hugoagogo

We played out from the back in the first half, but Rotherham put a man on our centre halfs from kick offs after half time. They negated that option. We need a plan b in those instances, for sure. And not long ball...

This... We played long ball because Rotherham forced us to

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 21:52 - Jan 12 with 3613 viewsKieran_Knows

Dreadful 2nd half, but 1 thing's for sure... on 19:23 - Jan 12 by SonOfSpock

Gerkens kicking and general distribution is woeful.

I feel a bit more confident with "thou shall not pass" Collins. He also looked calm on ball and was looking up for pass.

Problem is, Bart’s isn’t much better either!

Im sure if we had a loan spot available then PL would’ve looked to get another keeper in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024