Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
nowhere near good enough 17:17 - Jan 12 with 5191 viewspositivity

fantastic to get the win, but play like that all season and we'll probably not win again!

however our confidence is shot and this may be the spark we need ?!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

nowhere near good enough on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 3943 viewsRyorry

Yours is the most inappropriate username I've ever seen on this forum, and I've been hanging around it for at least 20 years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

nowhere near good enough on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 3925 viewsOxford_Blue

Unfair. First half we played well.

Second half they panicked, which is understandable given their confidence is shot.

The new lads haven’t played much football so inevitable they would fade.

As you say it’s about confidence.
nowhere near good enough on 17:21 - Jan 12 with 3899 viewsnshearman1

Agreed, but as has been said elsewhere this was a new team and all logic suggests that they will improve the more they play together and certain players get properly match-fit.
nowhere near good enough on 17:21 - Jan 12 with 3885 viewspositivity

nowhere near good enough on 17:18 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Yours is the most inappropriate username I've ever seen on this forum, and I've been hanging around it for at least 20 years.

c'mon we're 7 points adrift in one of the worst championships ever, and i STILL ended on a positive!

what do you want? blood?!

seriously, if you've been hanging around 20 years, you'll have seen more positivity from me than most; times are dark at the moment though!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:22]

nowhere near good enough on 17:22 - Jan 12 with 3846 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 17:21 - Jan 12 by positivity

c'mon we're 7 points adrift in one of the worst championships ever, and i STILL ended on a positive!

what do you want? blood?!

seriously, if you've been hanging around 20 years, you'll have seen more positivity from me than most; times are dark at the moment though!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:22]

Every single one of your posts that I've ever seen is just full of gloom n doom.

nowhere near good enough on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 3792 viewspositivity

nowhere near good enough on 17:22 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Every single one of your posts that I've ever seen is just full of gloom n doom.

lol, sorry, i'll get the happy pills out and try and do better!

nowhere near good enough on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 3750 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 17:25 - Jan 12 by positivity

lol, sorry, i'll get the happy pills out and try and do better!

You really shouldn't need happy pills when we've just won and got the 3 points - that's the point ...

nowhere near good enough on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 3719 viewssuffolkpoker

About time we have a poor half and still win

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

nowhere near good enough on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 3710 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very much good enough!! A win is a win.

Lots of new players thrown together, and skuse just back from injury.

Very much a morale boosting result to build from.

No negatives here!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

nowhere near good enough on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 3696 viewsJ2BLUE

What about wellhungphil?

Find out and get back to us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

nowhere near good enough on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 3691 viewspositivity

nowhere near good enough on 17:29 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

You really shouldn't need happy pills when we've just won and got the 3 points - that's the point ...

sorry ryorry, it was great and all, but i have this annoying ability to read league tables and a dread of seeing my club in the third tier!

will try and live in the moment more!

nowhere near good enough on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 3679 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 17:32 - Jan 12 by J2BLUE

What about wellhungphil?

Find out and get back to us.

nowhere near good enough on 17:33 - Jan 12 with 3667 viewsDarth_Koont

I think that second half and the result itself is a confidence builder and a step in the right direction.

Collins was outstanding: first half when we were on top and how he kept us on top with simple and effective use of the ball, second half when we were panicking on and off the ball and he put himself in the right position time and time again to get the touch or pressure the Rotherham attacker.

Almost certainly our worst half of the season and we kept a clean sheet ... onwards and upwards.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:34]

Pronouns: He/Him

nowhere near good enough on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 3625 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 17:33 - Jan 12 by Darth_Koont

I think that second half and the result itself is a confidence builder and a step in the right direction.

Collins was outstanding: first half when we were on top and how he kept us on top with simple and effective use of the ball, second half when we were panicking on and off the ball and he put himself in the right position time and time again to get the touch or pressure the Rotherham attacker.

Almost certainly our worst half of the season and we kept a clean sheet ... onwards and upwards.

Collins indeed just the experienced defender we needed then :)

nowhere near good enough on 17:38 - Jan 12 with 3592 viewspositivity

nowhere near good enough on 17:33 - Jan 12 by Darth_Koont

so many sliding doors moments this season,

what if we'd won the game we dominated at rotherham instead of the morale sapping last minute defeat?
same thing for the reading game earlier on in lambert's reign?
what if collins had not got injured when we were first in for him?

we'd not be bottom now!

nowhere near good enough on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 3534 viewsTractorCam

And yet there has been plenty of other weeks we've played well and lost. Take a breather 'positivity'

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

nowhere near good enough on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 3529 viewsJDB23

Horrible second half, midfield went missing, good job it was only Rotherham we had for the first game after all the signings.

Hopefully this builds some confidence in our ability to not concede under pressure and allows us to play our game a bit more going forward. Have to say Collins looks like just the player we needed and while we still didn't stop crosses coming in, on the whole we dealt a lot better with them in the box.
nowhere near good enough on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 3493 viewsDarth_Koont

nowhere near good enough on 17:38 - Jan 12 by positivity

what if we'd won the game we dominated at rotherham instead of the morale sapping last minute defeat?

we'd not be bottom now!

Possibly, probably. With Collins, we've at least got a player who finally lets us dig in.

Hopefully, the confidence comes back and we don't need him as much as today. But even if things go to plan and we start winning games we'll need him for the inevitable flurry from the opposition when we're holding on to a lead.

Pronouns: He/Him

nowhere near good enough on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 3464 viewsjontysnut

nowhere near good enough on 17:38 - Jan 12 by positivity

we'd not be bottom now!

Perspective? We've just won a game.Have a day off and let's enjoy it and then get into the post mortem later.
nowhere near good enough on 17:47 - Jan 12 with 3454 viewsGuthrum

Do not forget that Rotherham are also a team fighting for their Championship lives. It was never going to be an easy ride.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

nowhere near good enough on 17:48 - Jan 12 with 3452 viewsGavTWTD

Let's enjoy the win, get the new players fully match fit, get them used to a new way of playing and their teammates' names, and for existing players to learn how to get the best out of the new players, and for a new right back to come in and do all of the above.

edit: oh and the small matter of getting Huws back into the team. My glass will be half full this evening.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:20]

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

nowhere near good enough on 17:52 - Jan 12 with 3401 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 17:44 - Jan 12 by Darth_Koont

Possibly, probably. With Collins, we've at least got a player who finally lets us dig in.

Hopefully, the confidence comes back and we don't need him as much as today. But even if things go to plan and we start winning games we'll need him for the inevitable flurry from the opposition when we're holding on to a lead.

I dream of the day when we can go 3-0 up and don't have to be so anxious, can relax a bit more!

I gather the formation was rather different today, not just 1 up front? (didn't see any of it). Anyway, if we can get a better attacking formation & stike rate out of our new signings, that should help reduce pressure at the back, fingers crossed.

nowhere near good enough on 17:52 - Jan 12 with 3389 viewsGlasgowBlue

You beat me to it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

nowhere near good enough on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 3375 viewschristiand

nowhere near good enough on 17:48 - Jan 12 by GavTWTD

Let's enjoy the win, get the new players fully match fit, get them used to a new way of playing and their teammates' names, and for existing players to learn how to get the best out of the new players, and for a new right back to come in and do all of the above.

edit: oh and the small matter of getting Huws back into the team. My glass will be half full this evening.

Here, here Gav!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

nowhere near good enough on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 3299 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

nowhere near good enough on 17:48 - Jan 12 by GavTWTD

Some people can't help themselves, always looking for negatives.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024