Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blooming Ref. 21:43 - Jan 12 with 5784 viewsWickets

Warned Gerks and others as soon as the second half started regards time wasting, never said a word to any Rotherham players as they wasted several minutes first half prior to the goal!
Blooming Ref. on 21:48 - Jan 12 with 5743 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought that, aside from this which seemed strange (it actually seemed odd that Rotherham were time wasting at 0-0) he had done well until about 60/70 minutes. Then he got progressively worse. The decision for their last free kick was ridiculous. Fortunately he didn't give an absolute howler that cost us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 5680 viewsLankHenners

Blooming Ref. on 21:48 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought that, aside from this which seemed strange (it actually seemed odd that Rotherham were time wasting at 0-0) he had done well until about 60/70 minutes. Then he got progressively worse. The decision for their last free kick was ridiculous. Fortunately he didn't give an absolute howler that cost us.

That one probably was a free kick. The ridiculousness was Chambers getting hauled down to the floor immediately beforehand which he didn't give anything for.

For most of the game he seemed to decide that our players getting their arms wrenched out of their sockets was fine but any Rotherham player flinging themselves to the ground at the slightest brush was a foul.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 5684 viewsFixed_It

Free kick every time one of theirs fell over in a challenge - play on when Freddie did. Pulled play back whenever we took a quick free kick - allowed them to take a quick one from a moving ball. Extra minute (at least) played during extra time - and that bizarre free kick decision. Looked every bit like a man who had money on a 1-1 draw...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 with 5682 viewsMelford

I got a free ticket through work and it was in SAR upper, compared to my usual SBR lower. Where I was sat there were a couple of families around me toddlers to about 8-9 year old kids. Almost as stressful watching it was trying not to get lairy or swear my head off for those last 10 minutes.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Blooming Ref. on 22:00 - Jan 12 with 5624 viewsEastTownBlue

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 by Fixed_It

Free kick every time one of theirs fell over in a challenge - play on when Freddie did. Pulled play back whenever we took a quick free kick - allowed them to take a quick one from a moving ball. Extra minute (at least) played during extra time - and that bizarre free kick decision. Looked every bit like a man who had money on a 1-1 draw...

We did make a substitution in injury time and Collins spent a short while lying in the penalty area prior to taking a goal kick. An extra minute I could understand but not another one after that.
Blooming Ref. on 22:04 - Jan 12 with 5584 viewstractorboy7777

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 by Fixed_It

Agree with the quick free kicks bit. Been a reoccurring faults of refs this year for us. We are always pulled back when trying a quick free kick!

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Blooming Ref. on 22:16 - Jan 12 with 5494 viewsGarv

Chalobah free kick was ridiculous.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Blooming Ref. on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 5482 viewsGluedtoBlue

I thought the ref was okay actually. Easy to get wrapped up calling decisions sh*t when you're in the moment. Only major question mark was the last free-kick. Looked awfully soft.L

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Blooming Ref. on 23:22 - Jan 12 with 5252 viewssundaze

Blooming Ref. on 22:18 - Jan 12 by GluedtoBlue

I thought the ref was okay actually. Easy to get wrapped up calling decisions sh*t when you're in the moment. Only major question mark was the last free-kick. Looked awfully soft.L

Agreed. Every week there are people moaning about the ref, yes there will be mistakes, but they are the same for all teams, it's just that we are having the season from hell and every mistake is magnified.

When teams are winning games and playing with confidence, the ref is rarely noticed.
Blooming Ref. on 23:40 - Jan 12 with 5191 viewsRonFearonsHair

Blooming Ref. on 22:04 - Jan 12 by tractorboy7777

Agree with the quick free kicks bit. Been a reoccurring faults of refs this year for us. We are always pulled back when trying a quick free kick!

I have a theory that we do this fully expecting it to be pulled back, with the players knowing full well it will rile the crowd and give the atmosphere a bit of a kick.
Blooming Ref. on 08:14 - Jan 13 with 4991 viewsTractorWood

Thought the ref had a decent game. First half he waved away a lot of soft attempts by Rotherham to con fouls. Second half he gave them the benefit of the doubt a few times.

Championship refs seem to hate quick free kicks so no change there. However, he did seem to grasp the concept of the advantage rule, which most don't at this level.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 8:15]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blooming Ref. on 10:21 - Jan 13 with 4838 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Blooming Ref. on 21:55 - Jan 12 by Melford

I got a free ticket through work and it was in SAR upper, compared to my usual SBR lower. Where I was sat there were a couple of families around me toddlers to about 8-9 year old kids. Almost as stressful watching it was trying not to get lairy or swear my head off for those last 10 minutes.

Hah, me too.....I may have let one expletive slip out in extra time though!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blooming Ref. on 10:34 - Jan 13 with 4803 viewsjas0999

Yep. I thought he was right to warn Gerken, but the inconsistency wasn’t there. Should have warned the Rotherham keeper first half.
Blooming Ref. on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 4760 viewsWickets

Blooming Ref. on 10:34 - Jan 13 by jas0999

Yep. I thought he was right to warn Gerken, but the inconsistency wasn’t there. Should have warned the Rotherham keeper first half.

Yup also they wasted a minute or two over throw in's early doors i suppose most away teams will do that in an attempt to kill the crowd . Time wasting in the first half is rarely punished time wasting in the second always is .As you say inconsistency .
Blooming Ref. on 12:58 - Jan 13 with 4646 viewsRyorry

Blooming Ref. on 10:47 - Jan 13 by Wickets

Yup also they wasted a minute or two over throw in's early doors i suppose most away teams will do that in an attempt to kill the crowd . Time wasting in the first half is rarely punished time wasting in the second always is .As you say inconsistency .

I wonder if there's an unconscious bias by refs against any team struggling and a few points adrift at the bottom? psychological back of the brain thing "they must be rubbish & the more likely to have transgressed?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blooming Ref. on 18:42 - Jan 13 with 4525 viewsWickets

Blooming Ref. on 12:58 - Jan 13 by Ryorry

I wonder if there's an unconscious bias by refs against any team struggling and a few points adrift at the bottom? psychological back of the brain thing "they must be rubbish & the more likely to have transgressed?

One or two around me have made just that point in our last 2 home wins it was as if the ref was all out to get to a draw but as you say i'm sure its just a subconscious thing.
Blooming Ref. on 18:51 - Jan 13 with 4498 viewsnorth_stand77

I do too, we really have had some harsh decisions this season
Blooming Ref. on 19:06 - Jan 13 with 4470 viewsTractorWood

I think the more likely bias is the football fan who lives and breathes the team they are watching. Ref was absolutely fine yesterday.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Blooming Ref. on 20:15 - Jan 13 with 4379 views3_5_2

Blooming Ref. on 08:14 - Jan 13 by TractorWood

Thought the ref had a decent game. First half he waved away a lot of soft attempts by Rotherham to con fouls. Second half he gave them the benefit of the doubt a few times.

Championship refs seem to hate quick free kicks so no change there. However, he did seem to grasp the concept of the advantage rule, which most don't at this level.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 8:15]

Have to disagree here as he stopped play twice when the advantage was on, one for both sides I think did ok but got worse and lost it / got conned for the last 20 minutes

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024