Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday's crowd......... 15:29 - Jan 13 with 3262 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

........It may have already been discussed but is there any way to persuade Evans (or whoever's in charge down there!), to do that same ticket promotion every game between now and the end of the season?

I know it irks some season ticket holders, it use to me I know, but how amazing would it be to have 20k plus in there every week. Surely ME can see how much it helps the team, and more importantly to him, puts more money in his Swiss band account.

I know how important that was yesterday but for a bottom of the table clash not long after Christmas that was a pretty good effort.

Another point to note, I can only assume that those on here who have been saying since the 3rd or 4th games that we are 100% down are keeping there heads down just now as there is a glimmer, a very very small glimmer of hope still there.

6k extra turned up yesterday, surely that means those people haven't given up on the team and the manager like some. Judging by the noise, seems many of the other 15k haven't too.

Those that had given up before yesterday should all be made to wear T-shirts highlighting who they are.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 3240 viewsbackwaywhen

See countless answers to same question earlier Zzzzzzzz
Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:33 - Jan 13 with 3233 viewsGuthrum

Surely, reducing ticket prices is the way forward? by christiand 13 Jan 2019 8:01
Attendances like yesterday show the support is there, but a reluctance to pay top dollar appears a major stumbling block. Regardless of what division we are playing in next season, ME seriously needs to address this area. Appreciate some ST holders get frustrated by these tickets promotions, but surely it’s better having a stadium that is two thirds full rather than a sea of empty blue seats?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 3202 viewsFixed_It

I think most of us are realistic about our chances - but that doesn't mean we should go down without a fight. There is still a chance, however slim, and as such we need to do our bit, and pray that the players do theirs.
As for ticket prices, most s/t holders I know, myself included, would love the ground to be fuller and if cheap tickets is the answer then no problem. However, I don't think the rules allow it so the blame cannot be laid at Evans' door.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:42 - Jan 13 with 3181 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:37 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

I think most of us are realistic about our chances - but that doesn't mean we should go down without a fight. There is still a chance, however slim, and as such we need to do our bit, and pray that the players do theirs.
As for ticket prices, most s/t holders I know, myself included, would love the ground to be fuller and if cheap tickets is the answer then no problem. However, I don't think the rules allow it so the blame cannot be laid at Evans' door.

This is the regulation. Allowed 3 reduced admission matches https://t.co/xVojM4VHkm

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 3124 viewsAlanG296

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:42 - Jan 13 by Northstander_Blue

This is the regulation. Allowed 3 reduced admission matches https://t.co/xVojM4VHkm

Wow, what a stupid rule. As long as away supporters are treated the same as home fans, what business is it of the FA or League or even the visiting club? A rule banning discounting completely would be understandable, but allowing it for a specific number of games only is stupid.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:57 - Jan 13 with 3085 viewsRomeo4

There’s clearly a large number of latent supporters, or indeed new ones, who are hovering on the fringes of getting involved. Let’s hope the club learn from this for next season and whatever league we’re in they offer much lower priced season tickets which will also allow them more room to have more ticket promotion games.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:58 - Jan 13 with 3083 viewsBrixtonBlue

While I take your point, it would be great to have that kind of crowd/atmosphere every week, is it really a good idea to penalise your ST holders?

It can't happen, but if the rules were changed and it could, why would anyone bother buying a ST if it's cheaper just to rock up whenever you feel like it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:02 - Jan 13 with 3062 viewsbournemouthblue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:37 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

To put into perspective just how difficult our task is

I would reckon we need to be winning around 10 games to have a chance of staying up

So we really need all these signings coming in to hit the ground running and start getting us some seriously good results
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 16:03]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:05 - Jan 13 with 3041 viewsReuser_is_God

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:58 - Jan 13 by BrixtonBlue

While I take your point, it would be great to have that kind of crowd/atmosphere every week, is it really a good idea to penalise your ST holders?

It can't happen, but if the rules were changed and it could, why would anyone bother buying a ST if it's cheaper just to rock up whenever you feel like it?

It’s not penalising.

If there was any ST holder there yesterday who didn’t enjoy the atmosphere then they should give their head a little wobble.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:34 - Jan 13 with 2969 viewsOxford_Blue

Not sure it played any real part in the result. The second half was very poor - not a shot on goal.

They’ve played better this season in front of lower crowds.

It’s been explained below why alienating the ST base is a bad idea.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:45 - Jan 13 with 2907 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:05 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

It’s not penalising.

If there was any ST holder there yesterday who didn’t enjoy the atmosphere then they should give their head a little wobble.

How do you figure ST holders paying more than on the day supporters is not penalising ST holders?

As to your second point, no one dusagreed that the atmosphere was great.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 2866 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:31 - Jan 13 by backwaywhen

See countless answers to same question earlier Zzzzzzzz

What an odd comment. Few of points for ya:

I can only assume you have nothing better to do than read every single post, I certainly don't /can't.

If there was only one thread per subject, there'd only be a dozen or so new ones and the forum would be pointless.

There were a few other things I wrote, not just about crowds.

Deary me backwaywhen. I bet you are in your 60s / 70s and a grumpy one, in the camp that says 100% we're relegated & a MM fan. Am I right?
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:06 - Jan 13 with 2808 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:45 - Jan 13 by BrixtonBlue

How do you figure ST holders paying more than on the day supporters is not penalising ST holders?

As to your second point, no one dusagreed that the atmosphere was great.

It's a tricky one. If they could find a way of showing their appreciation for the season ticket holders, offset by the income generated from the additional sales, then maybe that could work.

Maybe a discount on next years season ticket funded by the extra bums on seats.

Before yesterday it annoyed me when sitting next to someone who'd paid a lot less, but yesterday there was a really good atmosphere.

If having more people in the stadium helps the players one little bit then I guess what price us staying up at the expense of annoying ST holders is a double edged sword.

Ultimately though surely not going down is far far far more important.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:08 - Jan 13 with 2794 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:50 - Jan 13 by AlanG296

Wow, what a stupid rule. As long as away supporters are treated the same as home fans, what business is it of the FA or League or even the visiting club? A rule banning discounting completely would be understandable, but allowing it for a specific number of games only is stupid.

...and a loss in much needed income.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:10 - Jan 13 with 2785 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:02 - Jan 13 by bournemouthblue

To put into perspective just how difficult our task is

I would reckon we need to be winning around 10 games to have a chance of staying up

So we really need all these signings coming in to hit the ground running and start getting us some seriously good results
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 16:03]

...or just 3 more wins than Rotherham. Sounds better that way.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:27 - Jan 13 with 2720 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:06 - Jan 13 by PauLambertIsABlue

It's a tricky one. If they could find a way of showing their appreciation for the season ticket holders, offset by the income generated from the additional sales, then maybe that could work.

Maybe a discount on next years season ticket funded by the extra bums on seats.

Before yesterday it annoyed me when sitting next to someone who'd paid a lot less, but yesterday there was a really good atmosphere.

If having more people in the stadium helps the players one little bit then I guess what price us staying up at the expense of annoying ST holders is a double edged sword.

Ultimately though surely not going down is far far far more important.

Agree with all of the above.

Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:29 - Jan 13 with 2712 viewsDanny_G

Yesterday's crowd......... on 15:42 - Jan 13 by Northstander_Blue

I think those are the rules for non-league clubs at steps 1-6 of the non-league system; not the Football League. http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-asso

The Football League’s ticketing rules are here https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/

There used to be a rule that home clubs could have up to three promotions per season which didn’t have to be open to away fans - this may be where the confusion has come from. However, I think this has changed based on rule 34.2.11: ‘Subject to Regulation 34.2.7, discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters.’

So it looks like there’s nothing in the rules stopping Town from having as many promotions as they want.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:30 - Jan 13 with 2703 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:10 - Jan 13 by PauLambertIsABlue

...or just 3 more wins than Rotherham. Sounds better that way.

But that’s the problem isn’t it. It’s not just 3 more wins than Rotherham. We’ve got to climb above another 2 clubs as well. Doable but still a big ask.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Yesterday's crowd......... (n/t) on 17:37 - Jan 13 with 2678 viewsBloodblue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:53 - Jan 13 by PauLambertIsABlue

I can only assume you have nothing better to do than read every single post, I certainly don't /can't.

If there was only one thread per subject, there'd only be a dozen or so new ones and the forum would be pointless.

Deary me backwaywhen. I bet you are in your 60s / 70s and a grumpy one, in the camp that says 100% we're relegated & a MM fan. Am I right?

Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:45 - Jan 13 with 2652 viewsBloodblue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:53 - Jan 13 by PauLambertIsABlue

Backwaywhen, he does have a point mate, stupid pointless post.

I bet you could start an argument in an empty room.

Well played PaulLambertIsABlue.

Spot on with the rest of your post too, maybe he can't read.
Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 2637 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 17:45 - Jan 13 by Bloodblue

Backwaywhen, he does have a point mate, stupid pointless post.

I bet you could start an argument in an empty room.

Well played PaulLambertIsABlue.

Spot on with the rest of your post too, maybe he can't read.

Yesterday's crowd......... on 19:02 - Jan 13 with 2507 viewsGarv

Yesterday's crowd......... on 16:34 - Jan 13 by Oxford_Blue

Not sure it played any real part in the result. The second half was very poor - not a shot on goal.

They’ve played better this season in front of lower crowds.

It’s been explained below why alienating the ST base is a bad idea.

We've played better yes, and lost.

Performance with the ball was bad, manly because we couldn't hold onto it for more than 5 seconds. But we defended really well. The reaction of Chambers and Collins said it all.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yesterday's crowd......... on 19:47 - Jan 13 with 2407 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

Yesterday's crowd......... on 19:02 - Jan 13 by Garv

We've played better yes, and lost.

Performance with the ball was bad, manly because we couldn't hold onto it for more than 5 seconds. But we defended really well. The reaction of Chambers and Collins said it all.

Second half was backs to the wall but first half considering the change in personal, we played very well. Rose tinted glasses but that first 45mins was more like the Reading away performance this season. Plenty to like between boxes but unlike the Reading game we now look more of a threat up front and less flakey at the back, and that's after one game with the new look starting 11.

If it had of been a scrappy first half and a better second then people wouldn't be generalising saying the whole performance was bad.

In actual fact the defending in the second half was more pleasing in some ways. Not easy to deal with endless speculative high balls into the box. A month ago we would have lost that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024