Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game 15:29 - Jan 13 with 9074 viewsGuthrum

Based on teams keeping up their recent (6-game) form ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:33 - Jan 13 with 5343 viewswkj

I hope this is correct, it means we're going to have one thrilling end to the season, not to mention stay up!

I know you are not a dim man, nor are you one who bases your prediction on hope and emotion; how do you usually derive your fantasy tables?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:37 - Jan 13 with 5308 viewspositivity

looks good, hull top though!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:42 - Jan 13 with 5258 viewstortoise

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:37 - Jan 13 by positivity

looks good, hull top though!

Hull have won their last 6 though, so I presume this table is based on them winning all of their remaining games!
Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:43 - Jan 13 with 5231 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:33 - Jan 13 by wkj

I hope this is correct, it means we're going to have one thrilling end to the season, not to mention stay up!

I know you are not a dim man, nor are you one who bases your prediction on hope and emotion; how do you usually derive your fantasy tables?

A purely mechanical reflection of recent form on to the end of the season (or nearly so, in this case). Not usually any human input at all, altho in this case I've had to pick a short range (the customary 6 games) and multiply up, rather than my preferred method of taking a period equal to the number of games remaining. We're still too early in the season for that to work properly.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 5213 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:42 - Jan 13 by tortoise

Hull have won their last 6 though, so I presume this table is based on them winning all of their remaining games!

Yes. That's where the "very rough" and "estimated" bits come in. Normally, I use a longer sample range, but we're too early in the season for my normal methodology.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 5167 viewsSitfcB

Not showing for me... 😞

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:52 - Jan 13 with 5155 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:50 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Not showing for me... 😞

Nor for me, now.

Try right-clicking on the square and selecting "view image" from the drop-down list.

Essentially, we are in 21st on 39 points, one ahead of Reading, two ahead of Rotherham, five ahead of Bolton and two behind Wigan.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 15:56]

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 5106 viewsSitfcB

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:52 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Nor for me, now.

Try right-clicking on the square and selecting "view image" from the drop-down list.

Essentially, we are in 21st on 39 points, one ahead of Reading, two ahead of Rotherham, five ahead of Bolton and two behind Wigan.

I’m on my phone but tapped the square and it opened the table up in a new tab.

A superb sight!!

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:01 - Jan 13 with 5101 viewsSitfcB

You can get 80/1 on us staying up and Norwich to finish outside the top 6!

COYB

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:06 - Jan 13 with 5093 viewshomer_123

Frankly Guthers, if we are in with a shout of avoiding relegation on the last game, I'll be delighted.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 16:06]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 5059 viewspatrickswell

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:52 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Nor for me, now.

In the event it happens, here are the final day fixtures:

Wigan vs Millwall
Ipswich vs Leeds
Reading vs Birmingham
Rotherham vs Middlesbrough
Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 5025 viewsLeagueOne

What recent form? The last game!

I'll donate £200 to each if we finish above the drop.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 4987 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:12 - Jan 13 by LeagueOne

He said last 6 - that includes 2 of our 3 wins this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:18 - Jan 13 with 4966 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Imagine going into that last game with Leeds needing to beat us to guarantee promotion and us needing to win to guarantee staying up.

Norwich guaranteed to finish 7th or 8th too. If only the form over the last 6 was a good predictor for the final 19.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 4927 viewsSitfcB

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:12 - Jan 13 by LeagueOne

You’re a scummer.

COYB

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:26 - Jan 13 with 4907 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:16 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

He said last 6 - that includes 2 of our 3 wins this season.

The very fact we've had two wins within six games suggests things, while still wobbly, are picking up a bit. Only one other team (Millwall) below 17th in the division can boast that.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:29 - Jan 13 with 4881 viewsbilllm

Going to make for a hell of a game against Leeds both needing wins for certainty
Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:30 - Jan 13 with 4868 viewsArnieM

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 15:50 - Jan 13 by SitfcB

Not showing for me... 😞

Sorry can’t see any link to click on

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:33 - Jan 13 with 4846 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:30 - Jan 13 by ArnieM

Sorry can’t see any link to click on

The little square.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:35 - Jan 13 with 4839 viewsPJH

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:33 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

The little square.

Don't be rude-he only asked.
Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:38 - Jan 13 with 4823 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:26 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

The very fact we've had two wins within six games suggests things, while still wobbly, are picking up a bit. Only one other team (Millwall) below 17th in the division can boast that.

And one of thithose was gifted to them by us. If we had Collins that day we would have had won 3 of our last 6.

However, we will not be playing Millwall, Wigan and Rotherham in half of our remaining games either.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 17:00 - Jan 13 with 4709 viewsGuthrum

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:38 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

And one of thithose was gifted to them by us. If we had Collins that day we would have had won 3 of our last 6.

However, we will not be playing Millwall, Wigan and Rotherham in half of our remaining games either.

The slightly annoying thing being that, as a free agent, we potentially could have had Collins on New Years Day.

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 17:19 - Jan 13 with 4632 viewshoppy

I’d take that thank you very much.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 4564 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 17:00 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

The slightly annoying thing being that, as a free agent, we potentially could have had Collins on New Years Day.

I assume either he wasn't fit or we couldn't get it sorted by then.

If he hadn't got injured in August we could have had him all season couldn't we but then where would we be (still hoping Hurst can turn it around in all probability)? If he hadn't got injured and torn up his Villa contract he would probably be there now too!

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 17:57 - Jan 13 with 4466 viewshomer_123

Guthrum's Very Rough Estimated Table On The Eve Of The Final Game on 16:29 - Jan 13 by billlm

Going to make for a hell of a game against Leeds both needing wins for certainty

Almost like a Cup final.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024