Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dawkins v Pilkington 08:57 - Jan 14 with 2437 viewsitfcjoe

Obviously I only saw highlights of Pilikington, but that assist for the 1st goal was top draw. Such a shame we couldn't get that one over the line as were clearly very, very close to doing so.

Dawkins looked like a player who hadn't played in a year and a half, I know Edwards has struggled lately but I don't really get Dawkins being ahead of him, even ahead of Jordan Roberts in a wide role feels a stretch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dawkins v Pilkington on 08:59 - Jan 14 with 2396 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed, hopefully he's just a bit of filler.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Dawkins v Pilkington on 08:59 - Jan 14 with 2398 viewswkj

Unless someone is going out on loan, which seems remarkably unlikely, I don't know the logic in signing him either. Is he seen as an option in RB maybe? If he was, Pilkington made that position his own in my opinion - we shall see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:17 - Jan 14 with 2243 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's a little unfair on Dawkins because he came on into a team who were completely behind the ball with no attacking intent, and we were being controlled by Rotherham. He barely touched the ball, and he had one run where he carried us up the pitch. This is not the game to judge him on.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:18 - Jan 14 with 2241 viewsKieran_Knows

With regards to your last paragraph, I thought that on Saturday. Harsh on Edwards and Roberts considering they've been involved ever since PL walked in.

With regards to Pilkington, very much a shame to miss out on him, but if we can get Judge to half as good as what he used to be, I think he'd be an upgrade on Pilkington.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:21 - Jan 14 with 2215 viewswkj

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:18 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

With regards to your last paragraph, I thought that on Saturday. Harsh on Edwards and Roberts considering they've been involved ever since PL walked in.

With regards to Pilkington, very much a shame to miss out on him, but if we can get Judge to half as good as what he used to be, I think he'd be an upgrade on Pilkington.

My opinion of Edwards is he is 75% a great player. The 25% he is bad at is composure and passing, and the loss of the ball in advanced positions has been a key failure point this season - so his flashes of brilliance end up being relatively fruitless. He needs to spend a lot of time being trained and mentored to hone his passing for me to feel fully comfortable with him in the squad, at least while we remain in this division.

Crybaby

Dawkins v Pilkington on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 2061 viewsMenton

Or Rowe

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Dawkins v Pilkington on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 2008 viewsSteve_M

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:21 - Jan 14 by wkj

My opinion of Edwards is he is 75% a great player. The 25% he is bad at is composure and passing, and the loss of the ball in advanced positions has been a key failure point this season - so his flashes of brilliance end up being relatively fruitless. He needs to spend a lot of time being trained and mentored to hone his passing for me to feel fully comfortable with him in the squad, at least while we remain in this division.

He also looks physically shot at the moment, not able to cope with the physicality of the division. I suspect that his non-performance at Accrington will see him being out of the team for a while.

Dawkins was really unimpressive though, some allowance for the state of the game but looked weak and unfit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dawkins v Pilkington on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 1993 viewsITFCBlues

Why is it Dawkins VS Pilkington when it's clear we're trying to sign Judge who's likely to play that role?

Is he not just a squad filler?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Dawkins v Pilkington on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 1917 viewsRobTheMonk

Edwards is like a puzzle that gets put together by a blind man on each match day. Sometimes everything fits and it looks good, but more often that not it's not quite right.

Dawkins is a classic Ipswich Town of newer times signing. Cheap punt.

Pilkington would of been a great signing.
Dawkins v Pilkington on 10:42 - Jan 14 with 1859 viewsitfc48

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:18 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

Ironically Saturday was the perfect scenario for Edwards. We could have done with his pace at the end and he's not bad defensively.
Dawkins v Pilkington on 12:16 - Jan 14 with 1681 viewsSouperJim

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:17 - Jan 14 by JammyDodgerrr

It's a little unfair on Dawkins because he came on into a team who were completely behind the ball with no attacking intent, and we were being controlled by Rotherham. He barely touched the ball, and he had one run where he carried us up the pitch. This is not the game to judge him on.

Was meant to be an uppie, apologies

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Dawkins v Pilkington on 13:10 - Jan 14 with 1537 viewsDarth_Koont

Dawkins v Pilkington on 09:17 - Jan 14 by JammyDodgerrr

I don't get why Dawkins's performance is getting picked over in such a negative way. Great rearguard effort from the team, but we were all crap second-half with the ball including players who had played well in the first half.

Sears had a torrid time second half and even Downes when he came on looked way off. It was a game where we went into our shell and just hung on, but completely understandable considering the importance of 3 points and our low confidence.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dawkins v Pilkington on 13:13 - Jan 14 with 1519 viewswkj

Dawkins v Pilkington on 13:10 - Jan 14 by Darth_Koont

I don't get why Dawkins's performance is getting picked over in such a negative way. Great rearguard effort from the team, but we were all crap second-half with the ball including players who had played well in the first half.

Sears had a torrid time second half and even Downes when he came on looked way off. It was a game where we went into our shell and just hung on, but completely understandable considering the importance of 3 points and our low confidence.

I think Dawkins had a lot of eyes on him as his signing was met with a lot of scepticism; though, I honestly didn't see much in him on first call- not quite a Malacyhk (sp) debut though.

Crybaby

Dawkins v Pilkington on 13:16 - Jan 14 with 1494 viewsDarth_Koont

Dawkins v Pilkington on 13:13 - Jan 14 by wkj

I think Dawkins had a lot of eyes on him as his signing was met with a lot of scepticism; though, I honestly didn't see much in him on first call- not quite a Malacyhk (sp) debut though.

I get that but then again he had little to work with either. The few times he got the ball there was no-one to pass to.

Just seems a bit of a non-issue when the rest of the team was no better going forward by that stage.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024