Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalobah 09:43 - Jan 14 with 3531 viewsMeenoITFC

Apologies if this has been mentioned already..

I don't rate the guy at all, had a shocker on Saturday. Suppose to be a centre back yet struggling to win any ball in the air and on the ground. As a CDM your suppose to read the game but he gets turned with ease. Maybe he needs to grow as a player but right now not a championship player if you ask me.

Opinions?

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Chalobah on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 3501 viewsFixed_It

Did he snub your request for a photo at the train station?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Chalobah on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 3478 viewsdavblue

I think he's been our best player in the last 4 or 5 weeks.

He's a young player, but i thought he stepped up whilst Skuse was injured.
Chalobah on 09:47 - Jan 14 with 3465 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Really? Thought he was alright, won his fair share of duels and headers and carried us up the pitch at times.

Worth remembering he is only 18, and learning. I think you're being a bit harsh, IMO.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Chalobah on 09:47 - Jan 14 with 3461 viewswkj

Watching Chalobah to me was like watching a Ferrari at full pelt, just at times it looked like the driver of the Ferrari had not yet applied for their provisional. All in all though he is a player we need in the frame.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chalobah on 09:48 - Jan 14 with 3460 viewsMeenoITFC

Chalobah on 09:45 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

Did he snub your request for a photo at the train station?

No, just not a player I would want as a holding midfielder when were battling to stay up, I would like to be proved wrong but I've seen enough of him to make that judgement.

Chalobah on 09:48 - Jan 14 with 3459 viewsSteve_M

He is erratic which, given his age and prior experience, is no great surprise. He certainly doesn't have the concentration to play as a central defender anytime soon but you need to watch what he does do well on the ball in midfield as much as what he does poorly I think.

His ability to drive forwards with the ball is one of the few things we have to totally change the dynamic of play, he did it once in the second half and we created our only chance of the half from it. His passing is mixed, too casual at times but we're not noted for keeping the ball well as a team this season but the good stuff - the crossfield ball in the move prior to the goal - is very good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chalobah on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 3416 viewsMeenoITFC

Chalobah on 09:47 - Jan 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Really? Thought he was alright, won his fair share of duels and headers and carried us up the pitch at times.

Worth remembering he is only 18, and learning. I think you're being a bit harsh, IMO.

I know he's young. But in the position we are in. I would rather a stronger holding midfielder.

Chalobah on 09:54 - Jan 14 with 3377 viewsbluesym

I like Chalobah.He gives us something a bit different and i also like the fact that even though not all he does comes off, he never goes missing.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Login to get fewer ads

Chalobah on 09:54 - Jan 14 with 3377 viewsSmithy

Chalobah on 09:51 - Jan 14 by MeenoITFC

I know he's young. But in the position we are in. I would rather a stronger holding midfielder.

This, which is why I'm certain Lambert has gone for Judge. Chalobah is clearly a very talented boy who will become a really good player but does not suit us or our position at the moment, would look brilliant in a team flying at the top of the table imo, but a young kkid in our predicament looks a little lost.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Chalobah on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 3367 viewsPJH

Chalobah on 09:48 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

He is erratic which, given his age and prior experience, is no great surprise. He certainly doesn't have the concentration to play as a central defender anytime soon but you need to watch what he does do well on the ball in midfield as much as what he does poorly I think.

His ability to drive forwards with the ball is one of the few things we have to totally change the dynamic of play, he did it once in the second half and we created our only chance of the half from it. His passing is mixed, too casual at times but we're not noted for keeping the ball well as a team this season but the good stuff - the crossfield ball in the move prior to the goal - is very good.

Just about what I think.

At times he looks very classy when on the ball but at the moment he sometimes seems to lack concentration.

I think that in time he could become a very good midfield player but needs to improve his decision making.

Considering his very young age I think that generally he is pretty good now and likely to get a lot better.
Chalobah on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 3355 viewsTrueBlueLikeKevinBru

Not sure what you are watching. Been are best player this season by country mile technically better than ive seen in the midfield for some time! His only 18 as well has big future in the game for sure.Must be reason why southgate has taken him to train with the England national team multiple times!
Chalobah on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 3353 viewswkj

Chalobah on 09:55 - Jan 14 by PJH

Just about what I think.

At times he looks very classy when on the ball but at the moment he sometimes seems to lack concentration.

I think that in time he could become a very good midfield player but needs to improve his decision making.

Considering his very young age I think that generally he is pretty good now and likely to get a lot better.

"needs to improve his decision making. "

This is a key observation of a number of the players. Edwards springs to mind, bit of composure and passing would do him so much good.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chalobah on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 3286 viewsJoHnNnY

Chalobah on 09:48 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

With Skuse in the team - Huws would be a better option then Trev.

The lad is very young (some naive qualities come from that) but a good player.

He’s certainly not a bad player amongst our mob.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Chalobah on 10:07 - Jan 14 with 3269 viewsReuser_is_God

Chalobah on 10:05 - Jan 14 by JoHnNnY

With Skuse in the team - Huws would be a better option then Trev.

The lad is very young (some naive qualities come from that) but a good player.

He’s certainly not a bad player amongst our mob.

He certainly would be but we're still a way off seeing Huws being a regular at the minute.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chalobah on 10:12 - Jan 14 with 3232 viewsmarkand1986

I agree, for a so called centre back the guy rarely wins a header cleanly. Age is not important in winning headers, he loses too many. He has talent, of course he does but I do feel he is also part of the problem sometimes in that he gives the ball away trying hollywood balls too often when he could play a simple ball.
Chalobah on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 3196 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I think he is one of those that would “flourish” in a better team that were doing well in the league etc.

It’s not a problem you will have for long as he will be playing in a higher division than the one we will be competing in.
Chalobah on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 3100 viewsGarv

But... created our best chance of the game, bar the one we scored from.

Proper talent if you ask me. The prediction me and a mate of mine had was that he will play for Chelsea, we were fairly confident of that. He'll eventually get sold to someone like Watford (only partly based on what Nathaniel did).

Personally I'd have him as far away from our own goal as possible. Range of passing is excellent and has a good shot on him. As someone else mentions, he'd be top draw in a good team that wasn't under constant pressure.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chalobah on 10:34 - Jan 14 with 3093 viewsTractorCam

Been one of our most consistent players this season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chalobah on 10:36 - Jan 14 with 3084 viewsBlue_Moses

Chalobah on 10:12 - Jan 14 by markand1986

I agree, for a so called centre back the guy rarely wins a header cleanly. Age is not important in winning headers, he loses too many. He has talent, of course he does but I do feel he is also part of the problem sometimes in that he gives the ball away trying hollywood balls too often when he could play a simple ball.

Sounds like you want two Skuse's in the team playing 5 yard passes sideways or backwards? He gives the ball away trying to make things happen, something we've been crying out for.
Chalobah on 10:47 - Jan 14 with 3028 viewsSteve_M

Chalobah on 10:36 - Jan 14 by Blue_Moses

Sounds like you want two Skuse's in the team playing 5 yard passes sideways or backwards? He gives the ball away trying to make things happen, something we've been crying out for.

That balance point is important, particularly so given where we are and the budget we have.

Another example: attacking full backs will get caught out of position at times as moves break down; there was no risk of that with Pennington on Saturday but he offered nothing going forwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chalobah on 10:52 - Jan 14 with 3004 viewsRadlett_blue

Chalobah on 09:56 - Jan 14 by wkj

"needs to improve his decision making. "

This is a key observation of a number of the players. Edwards springs to mind, bit of composure and passing would do him so much good.

That's why he's on loan to a Championship club, because he needs to learn. If he was the finished article, we wouldn't have him.
I remember Maitland-Niles getting pelters from a few on here, but he was 18 when we had him ffs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chalobah on 10:52 - Jan 14 with 2997 viewsGuthrum

Chalobah on 10:47 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

That balance point is important, particularly so given where we are and the budget we have.

Another example: attacking full backs will get caught out of position at times as moves break down; there was no risk of that with Pennington on Saturday but he offered nothing going forwards.

To the extent that the Rotherham paper was under the impression we were playing three at the back.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chalobah on 11:01 - Jan 14 with 2968 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Chalobah on 10:52 - Jan 14 by Radlett_blue

That's why he's on loan to a Championship club, because he needs to learn. If he was the finished article, we wouldn't have him.
I remember Maitland-Niles getting pelters from a few on here, but he was 18 when we had him ffs.

I think that is part of the rationale behind the questioning of Chalobah.

We're getting a player who can contribute occasionally right now.. But the parent club are getting the benefit of it in a year or two's time when he is the player we all wish he was right now. AMN was decent for us in spells, but we effectively got him a year too early in his development.

But... That is the loan market. We benefit with the likes of Wolfy in L1 so have to take the rub when Chalobah makes mistakes for us.. As he has (and will) have moments and matches where he makes some crucial contributions which there are already a good few examples. He also possesses a skill set that we don't have an abundance of in the squad.
Chalobah on 11:16 - Jan 14 with 2900 viewsNazemariner

My opinion is that if you are considering becoming a scout then think again.

Chelsea may see him as a modern ball playing centre half, but at the less technical, more physical level that is The Championship,he is very much a central midfielder.

He’s strong, composed on the ball, and generally involved in any good football that we play. As you say, he is very young and still learning the game, and therefore also inconsistent.

He won’t make it at Chelsea, but then what youngsters do? I have no doubt that he will have a long career at the top, and will more than likely win international caps along the way.

Keep it up Trev!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024