Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide 09:58 - Jan 14 with 1526 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46859449

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:01 - Jan 14 with 1500 viewsPinewoodblue

IT error. Doubt BA would have honoured the mistake.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:03 - Jan 14 with 1489 viewswkj

I got as far as

Tickets on trips from Hong Kong to Portugal were sold on the airline's website for $1,512, instead of $16,000 usually charged for a similar journey.

People pay 16 grand to fly? Surely that is trying to polish a very huge turd - which is how I feel about air travel.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 1480 viewsDeano69

Wasn't this an episode on Only Fools and Horses?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 1478 viewsDanTheMan

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:03 - Jan 14 by wkj

I got as far as

Tickets on trips from Hong Kong to Portugal were sold on the airline's website for $1,512, instead of $16,000 usually charged for a similar journey.

People pay 16 grand to fly? Surely that is trying to polish a very huge turd - which is how I feel about air travel.

I too would like to know the answer to this question, that's an absurd amount of money.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 1472 viewsgiant_stow

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:05 - Jan 14 by DanTheMan

I too would like to know the answer to this question, that's an absurd amount of money.

civil servants on trade missions.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:10 - Jan 14 with 1452 viewsfooters

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:05 - Jan 14 by DanTheMan

Those super-expensive tickets are usually free to exchange for different flights/dates. Still don't understand why anyone would buy them though, considering you could buy several separate tickets for less.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:14 - Jan 14 with 1442 viewsLord_Lucan

I got as far as

I had a similar argument last week with a guy I knew who had flown business on my flight and it cost him £2000 more. My argument was that if I offered him £2000 to sit in a seat for 11 hours would he take it, he pretended he wouldn't.

As it happened it was a new route and cattle class was empty so I had three seats to lay down on.'

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 1426 viewswkj

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:14 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

I had a similar argument last week with a guy I knew who had flown business on my flight and it cost him £2000 more. My argument was that if I offered him £2000 to sit in a seat for 11 hours would he take it, he pretended he wouldn't.

As it happened it was a new route and cattle class was empty so I had three seats to lay down on.'

Those are the holy grail. I once had a Gatwick to Dallas flight which was oddly under-booked, managed to sprawl on the centre row and got a decent few hours kip.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:17 - Jan 14 with 1416 viewsNo9

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:06 - Jan 14 by giant_stow

civil servants on trade missions.

& Charity staff
'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:18 - Jan 14 with 1409 viewsPinewoodblue

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:14 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

Isn't the bottom line that you were using your own money while he was probably using somebody else's.

2023 year of destiny

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:21 - Jan 14 with 1397 viewsWD19

Massive IT cock-up that costs them a fortune off the back of a recent data breach doesn't exactly shout 'these guys have got their shizzle together.'

So not great marketing.
'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:22 - Jan 14 with 1389 viewsNo9

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:18 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

Isn't the bottom line that you were using your own money while he was probably using somebody else's.

OR, like BA, they make cattle class & even business class so bloody uncomfortable some will pay the price to fly the flag
'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 11:42 - Jan 14 with 1291 viewsPinewoodblue

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:22 - Jan 14 by No9

OR, like BA, they make cattle class & even business class so bloody uncomfortable some will pay the price to fly the flag

BA are money grabbers. Used to fly to US cattle class and return business class. You were given the higher luggage allowance 3x 32kg on both legs but they don't even let you do that now.

2023 year of destiny

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 11:46 - Jan 14 with 1280 viewsNo9

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 11:42 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

BA are money grabbers. Used to fly to US cattle class and return business class. You were given the higher luggage allowance 3x 32kg on both legs but they don't even let you do that now.

When I used to fly to the USA a BA ticket business Class was £6,000 from LHR
the same class ticket with US Airways was £4,000
same class with KLM from Norwich £2,250
No guesses for my best deal
'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 15:25 - Jan 14 with 1205 viewsLord_Lucan

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 10:16 - Jan 14 by wkj

Those are the holy grail. I once had a Gatwick to Dallas flight which was oddly under-booked, managed to sprawl on the centre row and got a decent few hours kip.

This was my plane as we were about to take off.

It was busier on the return trip.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

'Data breach' or 'cunning marketing' - you decide on 15:47 - Jan 14 with 1169 viewsClapham_Junction

I got as far as

I think they're quoting Hong Kong dollars; $16,000 is around £1,600, which is not unreasonable for first class tickets from Hong Kong to Portugal.

[edit] Scrap that, just seen that it is indeed US$. Bonkers.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 15:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024