Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... 20:43 - Jan 14 with 6389 viewsMrTown

Whilst my biggest gripe has really been about ticket pricing and I think Saturday showed why a restructure would be positive for Evans, I understand why his ticket price is how it is.

However, many have said about how the League 1 and 2 players just haven’t been good enough and a fair bit of money was spent.

But Evans and Lambert have recently started bringing this club back to where it should be! The positivity around the place is brilliant and I’m loving matchdays again. And a massive thank you needs to go to Evans and Lambert for that, the business that has been done hasn’t all been to me personal preference, but then again, the others I think are great business!

Massive gratitude to Evans and Lambert for restoring the love for the club again.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:44 - Jan 14 with 5221 viewswkj

He's not gonna give you your Season ticket back for free you know

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:48 - Jan 14 with 5166 viewsBluearmy71

Didn't mean to plus 1 that tbh if the second paragraph had been left out then it would have been intentional but you had to bloody moan about something didn't ya
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:48 - Jan 14 with 5173 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone who thinks ME wants anything other than the best for the club is deluded.

The fact he has got it so badly wrong so many times will have hurt him as much as us (financially far more even if he can afford it).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:50 - Jan 14 with 5141 viewsBluearmy71

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:48 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Anyone who thinks ME wants anything other than the best for the club is deluded.

The fact he has got it so badly wrong so many times will have hurt him as much as us (financially far more even if he can afford it).

TBF I'd like to have enough spare change in the 'ol bank account to have been hurt like that and still know I can afford next weeks shopping!!

Joking aside I do agree with your point!
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:55 - Jan 14 with 5106 viewsbraveblue

Lambert has made a great difference. Really don’t see why Evans should be thanked. Minimal investment as usual and after 12 years he has managed to bring us down to where we are now. Would love to see him get out with a whopping great loss.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:59 - Jan 14 with 5081 viewsdavblue

I think that will quickly go should we not win a few games soon.

They are having a go, so fair play to them without spending vast sums of money.

Lambert deserves more praise than anything off the pitch he’s been magnificent, hopefully that will go to on the pitch now.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:00 - Jan 14 with 5076 viewsBluearmy71

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:55 - Jan 14 by braveblue

Lambert has made a great difference. Really don’t see why Evans should be thanked. Minimal investment as usual and after 12 years he has managed to bring us down to where we are now. Would love to see him get out with a whopping great loss.

Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to see whats truly above you, he obv never thought the position we are in would come and now it has, all that matters is staying in the championship atm and ME is reacting to that, forget whats happened beforehand in his tenure as not a single thing can be done about it, look to the now and concentrate on the survival battle fore it out shines anything ME has done or not done in the past!!
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:29 - Jan 14 with 4959 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:44 - Jan 14 by wkj

He's not gonna give you your Season ticket back for free you know

Pay for mine every season no problem.

Login to get fewer ads

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:31 - Jan 14 with 4950 viewswkj

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:29 - Jan 14 by MrTown

Pay for mine every season no problem.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 21:31]

Crybaby

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:31 - Jan 14 with 4950 viewsMrTown

Minimal investment but is going to have to spend hundreds of thousands on wages?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:44 - Jan 14 with 4871 viewsnshearman1

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:31 - Jan 14 by MrTown

Minimal investment but is going to have to spend hundreds of thousands on wages?

As I’ve said elsewhere I’m sure we’ll see a fairly big clear-out now we’ve got the players in - probably including Knudsen for a fee. And the new signings have so far been 3 loans, 2 free agents and a nominal fee. So it’s hardly splashing the cash.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:50 - Jan 14 with 4835 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:44 - Jan 14 by nshearman1

As I’ve said elsewhere I’m sure we’ll see a fairly big clear-out now we’ve got the players in - probably including Knudsen for a fee. And the new signings have so far been 3 loans, 2 free agents and a nominal fee. So it’s hardly splashing the cash.

Which multi-million pound signings do you think he should have brought in?

Don't forget this is not Football Manager.

It is easy to say he should spend more money but it is far more nuanced than that. I don't think we missed out on Pilkington thanks to money either.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:08 - Jan 14 with 4752 viewsnshearman1

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:50 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which multi-million pound signings do you think he should have brought in?

Don't forget this is not Football Manager.

It is easy to say he should spend more money but it is far more nuanced than that. I don't think we missed out on Pilkington thanks to money either.

Of course I’m not suggesting multi-million pound signings (look at Jackson for example). What I am saying is we should keep a very realistic clear-eyed view of Evans and what has happened to this club under him, and not be taken in that much has changed other than his desperate need to avoid spending too much. What has changed is that we have a manager who has already worked miracles.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:13 - Jan 14 with 4735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:08 - Jan 14 by nshearman1

Of course I’m not suggesting multi-million pound signings (look at Jackson for example). What I am saying is we should keep a very realistic clear-eyed view of Evans and what has happened to this club under him, and not be taken in that much has changed other than his desperate need to avoid spending too much. What has changed is that we have a manager who has already worked miracles.

And what I am saying is that we should keep a very realistic clear-eyed view of Evans and what has happened to this club under him.

He has made some poor choices. We are in the position we are in. He wants the best for the club for himself as much as for any other reasons. He has not stitched us up like so many other owners have their clubs. Whilst I would love all that Evans has touched to have turned to gold, I am very grateful he has run us sensibly and continues to give managers time once he has appointed them.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 4671 viewsOxford_Blue

£6-10m a year is hardly minimal
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:43 - Jan 14 with 4634 viewsbraveblue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:31 - Jan 14 by MrTown

Some will go out. He can take the rest from the profits from the summer when he sold our best players.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 23:01 - Jan 14 with 4582 viewspatrickswell

I’ve been (and remain critical) of Evans, but signings like Collins and Judge are to be applauded. Still a lot of work to do to have any chance of staying up, but they make some of our upcoming fixtures look a little more hopeful.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 07:55 - Jan 15 with 4339 viewsmarcus1642

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 21:44 - Jan 14 by nshearman1

Good post. Hit the nail on the head. I'm not overly excited by the new signings, but they're the best we are going to get considering the circumstances.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:11 - Jan 15 with 4309 viewsNoBru

I think a big part of this is Lambert being honest, it's been mentioned a lot that MM was a yes man and never challenged ME on anything (speculation) and it's clear to me that PL has come in and ruffled a few feathers higher up.

Great work from him.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:21 - Jan 15 with 4287 viewstrncbluearmy

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 07:55 - Jan 15 by marcus1642

Good post. Hit the nail on the head. I'm not overly excited by the new signings, but they're the best we are going to get considering the circumstances.

People seem to think loans are the cheap option.
There are players bought in with premier league contracts to be paid in full or the majority probably some signing on fees,agents fees and lord knows how much Collins has cost.
I am no lover of Evans his tenure up to now has been a disaster but he has supported Lambert who has probably insisted on it, it`s interesting he intends to have more hands on because he is spending more money?

Well done Evans I believe his support of PL has given ITFC a fighting chance
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:33 - Jan 15 with 4259 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 22:13 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

And what I am saying is that we should keep a very realistic clear-eyed view of Evans and what has happened to this club under him.

He has made some poor choices. We are in the position we are in. He wants the best for the club for himself as much as for any other reasons. He has not stitched us up like so many other owners have their clubs. Whilst I would love all that Evans has touched to have turned to gold, I am very grateful he has run us sensibly and continues to give managers time once he has appointed them.

When people say poor choices, he came into the club backed his first 2 managers drastically but money was wasted, but he did back them!

He then had to steady the ship financially and football wise, made a superb choice in MM. Didn’t support him really because it wasn’t feasible to sustain his early spending. Mick worked wonders, but in fairness to ME he could of easily stayed with MM but really he changed manager for the fans.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:35 - Jan 15 with 4251 viewswkj

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:33 - Jan 15 by MrTown

When people say poor choices, he came into the club backed his first 2 managers drastically but money was wasted, but he did back them!

He then had to steady the ship financially and football wise, made a superb choice in MM. Didn’t support him really because it wasn’t feasible to sustain his early spending. Mick worked wonders, but in fairness to ME he could of easily stayed with MM but really he changed manager for the fans.

I think the scepticism is warranted; Evans has quite a way to go until trust is restored in him, pure and simple. Gushing praise on him is not where we are with him right now, but praising a step in the right direction, which this all seems to be, it an entirely different consideration.

Crybaby

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:41 - Jan 15 with 4219 viewsHerbivore

You sound rather bitter.

Lambert wanted Championship quality, he wanted players in early (which is tough in January), and he wanted about half a dozen signings. It's hard to argue he's not been backed properly in his first transfer window.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:01 - Jan 15 with 4176 viewsbobbyramsey

Too little too late, will you still be apologising when we get relegated?

Lambert, brilliant, Evans, same old, same old.....
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 4131 viewsStewart27

Sorry but I’m not going to thank the man who is on the brink of running this club into the third tier for the first time in 60 odd years. We’ve just beaten Rotherham 1-0 after being outplayed and are 7 points adrift.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely loved the feel good factor of that win, the part the amazing fans played in it and also what Lambert is trying to do now for the club. I really feel that we are in good hands on the pitch. We need to keep him at all costs.

But Evans - no chance. We’re stuck with him I’m afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024