Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Midfield 3 From?? 21:32 - Jan 14 with 6002 viewsSmithy

Skuse, Huws, Judge, Downes, Chalobah, Bishop, Dozzell

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:02 - Jan 15 with 1171 viewsHerbivore

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 14:43 - Jan 15 by OsborneOneNil

Skuse wouldn't be a shoe-in when all our midfielders are fit. Tough call tbf.

Paul Lambert would disagree.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:02 - Jan 15 with 1176 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

as long as Skuse isn't an automatic pick. Have far better midfielders available now, all have a much better goal threat.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:17 - Jan 15 with 1150 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:02 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Paul Lambert would disagree.

Would he? I'd say when EVERYONE is fit, he isn't a definite. Maybe away from home, but we have plenty of options.
Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:21 - Jan 15 with 1133 viewsHerbivore

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:17 - Jan 15 by OsborneOneNil

Would he? I'd say when EVERYONE is fit, he isn't a definite. Maybe away from home, but we have plenty of options.

Disagree. Lambert has said more than once that Skuse has been excellent and we have no replacement for him. The second he was fit he was straight back in the team. Only Adeyemi isn't fit now and Skuse remains the first midfielder on the team sheet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:33 - Jan 15 with 1124 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:02 - Jan 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

as long as Skuse isn't an automatic pick. Have far better midfielders available now, all have a much better goal threat.

All have to have a goal threat? Who do you think you are, Kevin Keegan?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:48 - Jan 15 with 1113 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:21 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Disagree. Lambert has said more than once that Skuse has been excellent and we have no replacement for him. The second he was fit he was straight back in the team. Only Adeyemi isn't fit now and Skuse remains the first midfielder on the team sheet.

Fair play, appreciate your opinion.
Best Midfield 3 From?? on 17:06 - Jan 15 with 1102 viewsRomeo4

Chalobah screening the defence with Huws and Judge in advance. As much as I love Skuse I'd like to see a more mobile midfield.
Best Midfield 3 From?? on 17:20 - Jan 15 with 1097 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 17:06 - Jan 15 by Romeo4

Chalobah screening the defence with Huws and Judge in advance. As much as I love Skuse I'd like to see a more mobile midfield.

Makes sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 17:50 - Jan 15 with 1086 viewsblueislander

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 17:20 - Jan 15 by OsborneOneNil

Makes sense.

I have to wonder whether Lambert has considered Chalobah as a centre back. The position from which he captains England’s under 20 s. He certainly has the physical presence and would learn a lot from Collins, as , of course, would Woolfenden.
Best Midfield 3 From?? on 21:36 - Jan 19 with 1038 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 15:33 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

All have to have a goal threat? Who do you think you are, Kevin Keegan?

Yes, they do actually. Johnny Wark was a defensive 'midfielder' if you hadn't forgotten. Teams can no more have the luxury of midfielders who do not track back anymore than they can afford midfielders who offer zero in creativity and goal threat. That's Skuse. There are fullbacks with better goal returns than his dismal returns in the years he's been 'Mr Undroppable' at ITFC.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 21:41 - Jan 19 with 1032 viewsSpruceMoose

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 21:36 - Jan 19 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Yes, they do actually. Johnny Wark was a defensive 'midfielder' if you hadn't forgotten. Teams can no more have the luxury of midfielders who do not track back anymore than they can afford midfielders who offer zero in creativity and goal threat. That's Skuse. There are fullbacks with better goal returns than his dismal returns in the years he's been 'Mr Undroppable' at ITFC.

Claude '16 goals in 607' games' Makelele might disagree with you there.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 21:41]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 02:54 - Jan 20 with 982 viewsMrTown

Skuse - Downes
Lankester - Bishop - Judge

I know that doesn’t answer your question, but I believe that is our best midfield.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Best Midfield 3 From?? on 09:42 - Jan 20 with 955 viewsgordon

In respect to Huws, if someone's not played for about 18 months with knee cartilage problems, then the chances of them ever being able to play and train regularly again are very, very low.

Knee cartilage doesn't heal or regrow, and there's not really that much that physios / doctors / operations can do about it yet.

If he does return to making regular appearances at a decent standard, I'll be absolutely gobsmacked.

*My football playing days were ended by knee cartilage problems.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 9:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024