Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? 08:18 - Jan 15 with 1940 viewswkj

As a companion to the thread below:

Will Dozzell be off now we have Judge and a stacked midfield ? by snipes 15 Jan 2019 7:54
So the 3 perm clubs interested and waiting in the wings for Judgd deal to go through
Just saying !!

Considering his injury and development time lost; how much do you think we should accept for Andre if a bid comes in?

I have a feeling he will probably not be easy to reach a new contract agreement with as he isn't getting played to the degree he'd like- so selling up may be the smart move for us to avoid a cut rate offer at the end of his contract; or worse, losing him for free.

I was tempted to do a poll but, that is pretty broad.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:22 - Jan 15 with 1922 viewsNorthstaNder

£5m-£6m but knowing us £2m and a bag of beef flavour crisps from Aldi *

* not knocking Aldi. I do a lot of my shopping there, including beef flavour crisps
What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:23 - Jan 15 with 1913 viewswkj

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:22 - Jan 15 by NorthstaNder

£5m-£6m but knowing us £2m and a bag of beef flavour crisps from Aldi *

* not knocking Aldi. I do a lot of my shopping there, including beef flavour crisps

Yeah.. but is not monster munch is it?

Crybaby

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:24 - Jan 15 with 1917 viewsitfcjoe

If we sold him now would be silly, because he is in effect a 'distressed asset'. Totally the wrong time to sell.

He needs games, although understand why he may not get them at the moment - but our best bet is to try and give him minutes when we can as an advanced midfielder where he can get some numbers that will make him more saleable at the business end of the park

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:27 - Jan 15 with 1899 viewswkj

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:24 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

If we sold him now would be silly, because he is in effect a 'distressed asset'. Totally the wrong time to sell.

He needs games, although understand why he may not get them at the moment - but our best bet is to try and give him minutes when we can as an advanced midfielder where he can get some numbers that will make him more saleable at the business end of the park

Do you feel a loan is viable? Someone mentioned on here a loan for him may not be entirely appropriate as he is a technical player who would have a hard time in a physical league, hence why he is a bit part player here.

Must be difficult for promising technical youngsters with soft physicals

Crybaby

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:44 - Jan 15 with 1855 viewsGuthrum

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:27 - Jan 15 by wkj

Do you feel a loan is viable? Someone mentioned on here a loan for him may not be entirely appropriate as he is a technical player who would have a hard time in a physical league, hence why he is a bit part player here.

Shame we can't loan "uphill" instead of down. Might someone like Fulham be interested in a promising young technical player for the rest of the season?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:46 - Jan 15 with 1852 viewswkj

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:44 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

Shame we can't loan "uphill" instead of down. Might someone like Fulham be interested in a promising young technical player for the rest of the season?

Indeed, problem with Fulham is I think they have one of the best Academies out there full of budding potential at the worst of times.

Crybaby

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:50 - Jan 15 with 1836 viewsHerbivore

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:27 - Jan 15 by wkj

Send him overseas, less physical and would be good for his development.

I'd take £5m plus add ons right now, not sure he's what we really need or indeed exactly when he will be either. Clearly a talented lad but it feels like we're not a good fit for each other so might be best for all concerned if we could let him move on at the right price.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:53 - Jan 15 with 1823 viewsGuthrum

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:46 - Jan 15 by wkj

Indeed, problem with Fulham is I think they have one of the best Academies out there full of budding potential at the worst of times.

Fulham was just an example of a not notably agricultural side down the bottom end of the Prem. Southampton or Huddersfield would equally do.

Login to get fewer ads

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:53 - Jan 15 with 1823 viewswkj

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:50 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I'd take £5m plus add ons right now, not sure he's what we really need or indeed exactly when he will be either. Clearly a talented lad but it feels like we're not a good fit for each other so might be best for all concerned if we could let him move on at the right price.

Actually there was an article about why Germany is a good place for doing exactly that, thanks for the reminder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44886845

Crybaby

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:54 - Jan 15 with 1815 viewsGuthrum

The overseas idea is a good one.

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 1810 viewsGuthrum

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:53 - Jan 15 by wkj

Actually there was an article about why Germany is a good place for doing exactly that, thanks for the reminder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44886845

Moreover, Lambert has the German connections to perhaps be able to get something moving.

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1803 viewswkj

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:55 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

Moreover, Lambert has the German connections to perhaps be able to get something moving.

Maybe?

Crybaby

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:57 - Jan 15 with 1802 viewsHerbivore

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 08:54 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

The overseas idea is a good one.

Ordinarily it wouldn't be something that would be an option for a club like us but Dozzell's prominence at youth level for England makes it feasible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 1768 viewsitfcjoe

Considering how many are going there, I hadn't considered overseas - think that would be a great idea.

Dutch league would likely suit him best.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 09:14 - Jan 15 with 1749 viewsKieran_Knows

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 09:10 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

Considering how many are going there, I hadn't considered overseas - think that would be a great idea.

Dutch league would likely suit him best.

A lot of British youngsters in the Dutch second division as well (Norwich sent another one there last week).

Todd Cantwell had a very good spell at Fortuna Sittard in the second division last season also.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:15]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 09:33 - Jan 15 with 1694 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whatever someone's prepared to pay. Who'd have thought Mings would have gone for ~£8m? Although he had a season behind him. I'd be tempted to hang on for now, as if he can get a decent season under his belt and have an impact then I reckon we could be looking at double what's being talked about now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 09:36 - Jan 15 with 1684 viewsBasuco

I would not like to see him sold but I think that he needs to go out on loan somewhere, Flynn Downes had a very successful loan season at Luton and looks to have made a massive leap forward during that time, Andre needs to play regularly and dropping to League 1 or 2 would give him the opportunity to develop into the player we all hope and believe he can be.
What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 10:57 - Jan 15 with 1588 viewsBent_double

If he does go, and whatever we get for him, I just hope that a cast-iron sell-on fee is put into the contract.

Assuming he goes to a PL club and ends up becoming a regular in their team, you could be looking at a £30-40m player in 3 or 4 years time, that's when we should be getting the real value for him.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What would be an acceptable bid for Andre? on 11:02 - Jan 15 with 1570 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024