Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done BBC news...... 09:03 - Jan 15 with 9375 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....on finding such a considered, nuanced, 'man on the street' view to open the balanced Brexit item this morning.....
..." Just get aaaht, Europe's bust innit....!"
.....followed by some terribly 'nice' Remain folk!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 3673 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Hard to find a balanced brexiteer...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Well done BBC news...... on 09:16 - Jan 15 with 3660 viewsm14_blue

To be fair it’s just a fact that remain voters tend to be better educated.

Obviously there are literally millions of exceptions on both sides but I genuinely believe the everage Brexit voter is less likely to be articulate and nuanced in their debate, even if they are equally knowledgeable and passionate.

And the BBC did more for Brexit than anyone, if only they had actually been partial then we wouldn’t have ended up with this mess.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:22]
Well done BBC news...... on 09:20 - Jan 15 with 3646 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:16 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

Obviously there are literally millions of exceptions on both sides but I genuinely believe the everage Brexit voter is less likely to be articulate and nuanced in their debate, even if they are equally knowledgeable and passionate.

And the BBC did more for Brexit than anyone, if only they had actually been partial then we wouldn’t have ended up with this mess.

'Stop calling us thickos because we believe in fairies and unicorns, this is why we voted leave' incoming in 5...4....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well done BBC news...... on 09:23 - Jan 15 with 3620 viewsm14_blue

Well done BBC news...... on 09:20 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

'Stop calling us thickos because we believe in fairies and unicorns, this is why we voted leave' incoming in 5...4....

I’m braced.

It is a fact though isn’t it?
Well done BBC news...... on 09:24 - Jan 15 with 3623 viewsHerbivore

I was just listening to 5Live and a Brexiteer caller said that if we remain now we'll be forced to join the Euro and Schengen. Nobody challenged her on those falsehoods. She then said she'd prefer a no deal Brexit, nobody asked what she meant by that or what that might mean for Northern Ireland.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well done BBC news...... on 09:25 - Jan 15 with 3613 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well done BBC news...... on 09:12 - Jan 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hard to find a balanced brexiteer...

Nah, very balanced. They normally have chips on both shoulders.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well done BBC news...... on 09:28 - Jan 15 with 3601 viewsHerbivore

Well done BBC news...... on 09:25 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Zing!

Well done BBC news...... on 09:31 - Jan 15 with 3600 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:23 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

I’m braced.

It is a fact though isn’t it?

'Nobody did anything to address the Very Real Concerns of Leave voters'. Actually, they did. On multiple occasions the wilful misinterpretations, obfuscations and outright lies were pointed out, usually with evidence to support and the reply was 'yeah well, that's just your opinion'.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:50]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Well done BBC news...... on 09:32 - Jan 15 with 3589 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:25 - Jan 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, but they're god old fashioned British chips, NOT French Fries.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 3574 viewsHerbivore

Well done BBC news...... on 09:31 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

'Nobody did anything to address the Very Real Concerns of Leave voters'. Actually, they did. On multiple occasions the wilful misinterpretations, obfuscations and outright lies were pointed out, usually with evidence to support and the reply was 'yeah well, that's just your opinion'.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:50]

Yeah but they didn't stop them foreign types coming in and not living where I live and taking jobs I don't want.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:38 - Jan 15 with 3561 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:35 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Yeah but they didn't stop them foreign types coming in and not living where I live and taking jobs I don't want.

'It's all the fault of the EU that some bloke called Khalid is a neurosurgeon rather than me with 2 GCSE's and more tattoos than teeth'.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:39 - Jan 15 with 3557 viewsFtnfwest

Always a tricky one for labour. 'Oi you lot we think are thick', would you mind please voting for me in the upcoming election?
Well done BBC news...... on 09:41 - Jan 15 with 3546 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:39 - Jan 15 by Ftnfwest

Always a tricky one for labour. 'Oi you lot we think are thick', would you mind please voting for me in the upcoming election?

It's been a solid strategy for the Tories for years, in all fairness.
'Sure we loathe you, your family and all the services you rely on, but the other bloke can't eat a bacon sandwich'.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:41 - Jan 15 with 3543 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done BBC news...... on 09:20 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

To be fair the soundbite was probably selected by a granola munching comfy middle class type to make other similar viewers feel superior and smug while confirming a stereotypical view to waiverers. Evidence here is that it has succeeded!

Well done BBC news...... on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 3528 viewsBlueBadger

Well done BBC news...... on 09:41 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

To be fair the soundbite was probably selected by a granola munching comfy middle class type to make other similar viewers feel superior and smug while confirming a stereotypical view to waiverers. Evidence here is that it has succeeded!

It must be interesting to be you, an avowed anticapitalist and opponent of neoliberalism, desperately arguing in favour of a course of action that will ultimately lead to more deregulation and privatisation.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 3525 viewsWithnail

Did they find a lesbian, transgender, Muslim in a wheelchair?

.... And then give them a programme to present?
Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 3512 viewswkj

Well done BBC news...... on 09:43 - Jan 15 by Withnail

Depending on who you ask, Doctor Who apparently

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 3511 viewsm14_blue

Well done BBC news...... on 09:41 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

That’s a whole lot of reverse snobbery right there.

And I don’t like granola at all.
Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 3513 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is this where better educated means the capacity to absorb information, regurgitate it to pass an exam and then ignore the uncomfortable bits because well, mortgage, what can you do etc...(this would be further education). Normal school well educated would not even include learning the critical stuff.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:46 - Jan 15 with 3506 viewsHerbivore

Well done BBC news...... on 09:39 - Jan 15 by Ftnfwest

To be fair this is how the Tories regularly sweep Essex, Kent and anywhere rural.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:52 - Jan 15 with 3479 viewsm14_blue

Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is this where better educated means the capacity to absorb information, regurgitate it to pass an exam and then ignore the uncomfortable bits because well, mortgage, what can you do etc...(this would be further education). Normal school well educated would not even include learning the critical stuff.

Yes of course, that’s why I made the distinction of saying they may be more articulate but not necessarily more knowledgeable.

I’m not saying they are better or worse but it’s just a fact that remain voters tend to be better educated and therefore come across as such when interviewed.

If you think the BBC is biased because they interviewed a loudmouth brexiteer then you’re going to have to hunt far and wide for an impartial broadcaster.
Well done BBC news...... on 09:54 - Jan 15 with 3469 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done BBC news...... on 09:43 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

It must be interesting to be you, an avowed anticapitalist and opponent of neoliberalism, desperately arguing in favour of a course of action that will ultimately lead to more deregulation and privatisation.

Mmmm lets see will change be easier to implement/influence on a 'local' level or pan federal Europe scale?
How are things in cognitive dissonance land for a corporate left(ish) type these days?

Well done BBC news...... on 09:55 - Jan 15 with 3462 viewsGuthrum

Well done BBC news...... on 09:43 - Jan 15 by Withnail

Are lesbian, transgender, Muslim wheelchair-users not numbered among UK citizens (or, indeed, BBC licence fee payers)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well done BBC news...... on 09:55 - Jan 15 with 3458 viewsHerbivore

Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's not really how higher education works, mate.

Well done BBC news...... on 09:56 - Jan 15 with 3456 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well done BBC news...... on 09:45 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

That’s a whole lot of reverse snobbery right there.

And I don’t like granola at all.

To be fair based on previous posting this was more geared to the badger amongst us!
Beyond this forum I stand by the assertion.....oh and add the grass muncher to above too!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024