Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement 16:00 - Jan 15 with 5262 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35275/twtd-possible-data-breach-announce

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:43 - Jan 19 with 604 viewsjeera

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 19:33 - Jan 15 by Bluebell

I am so glad I use an spare account for anything related to this forum.

That email I got addressed to Bluebell was just weird!

Keno again?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:46 - Jan 19 with 600 viewswkj

One thing to add to the comments is, although a user name and password to TWTD may seem innocuous and low risk, a lot of people use the same email and password for multiple services, so attackers will almost inevitably sell the information to hackers who will plug the info in a range of services, or do so themselves.

I would like (or not like) to think that an attack on TWTD was someone fart arsing about with intentions not greater than causing a nuisance, but regardless, one should always have different log in credentials for different servers, as dan said, using a password manager (with 2FA) is a very important thing to consider.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:57 - Jan 19 with 590 viewsjeera

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:46 - Jan 19 by wkj

One thing to add to the comments is, although a user name and password to TWTD may seem innocuous and low risk, a lot of people use the same email and password for multiple services, so attackers will almost inevitably sell the information to hackers who will plug the info in a range of services, or do so themselves.

I would like (or not like) to think that an attack on TWTD was someone fart arsing about with intentions not greater than causing a nuisance, but regardless, one should always have different log in credentials for different servers, as dan said, using a password manager (with 2FA) is a very important thing to consider.

I use Avast and it seems to be efficient enough, but don't most new machines [PCs] come with password management nowadays anyway?

I dunno about phones/tablets but one would think so?

I bought this Lenovo laptop and automatically installed the usual stuff I normally use, such as Avast as I say, but the laptop comes with its own comprehensive software which seems pretty good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 01:23 - Jan 19 with 575 viewswkj

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement on 00:57 - Jan 19 by jeera

I use Avast and it seems to be efficient enough, but don't most new machines [PCs] come with password management nowadays anyway?

I dunno about phones/tablets but one would think so?

I bought this Lenovo laptop and automatically installed the usual stuff I normally use, such as Avast as I say, but the laptop comes with its own comprehensive software which seems pretty good.

I use 1Password myself, simply because I get it for free as we are currently studying it. I think most browsers have a password manager, though i can't speak for their quality- i don't think they generate passwords though; and I don't think many use 2 Factor.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 1:23]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024