Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Put up or shut up 19:42 - Jan 15 with 6566 viewsGlasgowBlue

Basically what May has told Corbyn.

Losing by 230 she should really resign.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Put up or shut up on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 699 viewsZedRodgers

Put up or shut up on 12:10 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Ignoring all the personality nonsense, do you really think Corbyn is any good?

I think he presents the best opportunity in decades to reverse the neo-liberal disaster that has been inflicted on us.

His shortcomings in not being a perfect public speaker or wearing a scruffy coat are greatly out-weighed by his dedication for a fairer society. The integrity of the causes he has dedicated his life in politics to greatly overshadows the handful of unsavoury characters he's encountered on the way.

He is not the messiah but he does believe in policies that I can fully support.

No, not at the moment

Put up or shut up on 12:39 - Jan 16 with 689 viewsZedRodgers

Put up or shut up on 12:32 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

do you believe any of that crap?

Yes, I believe that all of the things I listed that have happened, have happened.

No, not at the moment

Put up or shut up on 12:40 - Jan 16 with 688 viewsm14_blue

Put up or shut up on 12:36 - Jan 16 by ZedRodgers

I think he presents the best opportunity in decades to reverse the neo-liberal disaster that has been inflicted on us.

His shortcomings in not being a perfect public speaker or wearing a scruffy coat are greatly out-weighed by his dedication for a fairer society. The integrity of the causes he has dedicated his life in politics to greatly overshadows the handful of unsavoury characters he's encountered on the way.

He is not the messiah but he does believe in policies that I can fully support.

Fair enough, that’s a balanced assessment.

I just don’t see it though, it’s not enough to have the beliefs if you don’t have the skills as a politician to actually make them happen. I’m not talking about scruffy shirts or poppies either, I’m talking about basic leadership and oratory skills that he will need to get elected and then lead an effective government.

Time will tell I guess.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:45]
Put up or shut up on 12:41 - Jan 16 with 683 viewsm14_blue

Put up or shut up on 12:40 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

I just don’t see it though, it’s not enough to have the beliefs if you don’t have the skills as a politician to actually make them happen. I’m not talking about scruffy shirts or poppies either, I’m talking about basic leadership and oratory skills that he will need to get elected and then lead an effective government.

Time will tell I guess.

Plus, to be blunt I’m not sure he’s intelligent enough to show the requisite judgement required of someone in such high office.
Put up or shut up on 13:01 - Jan 16 with 661 viewsZedRodgers

Put up or shut up on 12:40 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Time will tell I guess.

I would agree that there are a number of other Labour MPs and even people outside of HoC who I'd consider more capable of delivering a statement that inspires the nation or having the Government on the ropes at PMQs.

In my opinion though, the 'un-electable' thing is often amplified by the Conservative press and Tory MPs in quite a disingenuous way.

This is a 'leader' who has seen the Labour party membership double to more than half a million members - The biggest political party membership size in Europe - and also bring around the biggest Labour vote share increase in a general election since WWII.

I can't think of any instances so far where something the Guardian has hounded the Labour leadership over by saying "if they did this they'd ahead in the polls" hasn't eventually been proved to have been a naive error.

I can also see why some people would see this the influx of members and support as cultist. Like I said, I don;t think he's the messiah, but I do now feel able to vote for a party which I believe will make a positive impact in the areas of society that mean the most to me.

No, not at the moment

Put up or shut up on 18:19 - Jan 16 with 612 viewsZedRodgers

Put up or shut up on 20:49 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

Re your second paragraph. Last month Jacob Rees Mogg and co ensured that she was safe as Tory leader for another year by forcing a vote of confidence in her and tomorrow Jezza comes riding to her rescue to ensure that her government is in power for another four years.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:55]

Also, you seem to not understand that motions of no confidence in the government can be put forward more than once in four years. Another one could be tabled on Monday when May has presented Plan A (again) as her Plan B.

It’s not the same as the internal no confidence process your party follows which prevents a new vote taking place in a specified amount of time.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024