Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was another referendum: 19:58 - Jan 15 with 41273 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would you vote:
- The same as before - Leave
- The same as before - Remain
- Differently - Leave
- Differently - Remain

I think I’d vote differently - To remain.

It’s frankly a shambles. And I voted leave without knowing. I should never have been trusted to vote on something the general public knows not enough about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 4505 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

If there was another referendum: on 20:07 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

There is no majority in the commons for a second referendum.

The house will eventually vote for a Norway style deal.

Free movement. That will be amusing.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

If there was another referendum: on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 4499 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:10 - Jan 15 by footers

You're saying we stick to a decision made by people with partial information but it would be a bad idea to ask the same question again but with full information?

As I said earlier, the only people who advocate for this, deep down, are just panicking that their Brexit wet dream is going down the pan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there was another referendum: on 20:12 - Jan 15 with 4492 viewsTrequartista

If there was another referendum: on 20:10 - Jan 15 by footers

You're saying we stick to a decision made by people with partial information but it would be a bad idea to ask the same question again but with full information?

What is the "full information" you speak of? You can see into the future and know what would happen if remain or stay?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 4490 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 20:11 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Not at all. I voted Remain.

In short, a second referendum to get a different result would be a fair thing to jab at, if the 2nd referendum was simply Leave vs Remain. For a 2nd referendum to be anywhere near the realms of useful it has to outlay more detailed options, and even than get shlt on by parliament anyway.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 4488 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:11 - Jan 15 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Free movement. That will be amusing.

Let's be honest. It was only foreigners appearing in their field of vision from time to time that got most of the Gammonista's up off their bums and down the polling station. Without the promise of a supremely white British land what is going to motivate them?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 4486 viewsKievthegreat

If there was another referendum: on 20:06 - Jan 15 by Championship

No one. I'm just asking for full info in Romford's hypothetical situation. We should know exactly what we are voting for on both sides, correct?

Yes, but I'm not sure of the relevence of fanciful scenarios. I mean no-one is asking whether voting leave means smearing our faces with jam and sticking our heads in a beehive or leaving with no deal?
If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 with 4487 viewsBlueBadger

If there was another referendum: on 20:08 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Tiresome but true. Any referendum relies on partial information. That's why you should never have them. But now we have, we should really stick to it or risk serious damage to civil order and a parliamentary crisis

the information available now is considerably less partial than what we had two and half years ago.
The deal on the table is known, the consequences of no-deal are better understood and remain is essentially status quo(albeit with probably less credibility in the EU parliament thanks to the antics of the last few years).
The original referendum was essentially 'fairies, unicorns and no foreigners' vs 'are really going to be that stupid?'
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there was another referendum: on 20:14 - Jan 15 with 4482 viewsgiant_stow

with the lost cost of the rebate to always go on the Tory tab. They'll never be able to lecture about fiscal matters again.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

If there was another referendum: on 20:14 - Jan 15 with 4477 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

the information available now is considerably less partial than what we had two and half years ago.
The deal on the table is known, the consequences of no-deal are better understood and remain is essentially status quo(albeit with probably less credibility in the EU parliament thanks to the antics of the last few years).
The original referendum was essentially 'fairies, unicorns and no foreigners' vs 'are really going to be that stupid?'

At the very least we know the NHS isn't going to get 350m a week...

If there was another referendum: on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 4469 viewsfooters

If there was another referendum: on 20:12 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

What is the "full information" you speak of? You can see into the future and know what would happen if remain or stay?

More that a lot of people were uninformed about our actual involvement with the EU, the subsequent downturn of the pound, manufacturers leaving Britain etc. People know more than they did about the EU before the vote, including seeing leaving the bloc's potential impacts.

If you then had a deal with the EU under which we would leave, a hard Brexit or remain vote, that would surely be fair enough? No one voted for any type of Brexit, and the referendum was purely advisory, so giving the people another chance to have their say is only fair, innit, considering we're talking about the biggest political question we've faced in quite some time.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:17]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there was another referendum: on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 4466 viewsTrequartista

If there was another referendum: on 20:13 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

That's a rather biased take on events if i may be so bold.

If there was another referendum: on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 4461 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:16 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Would you be so bold as to present a counter argument then?

If there was another referendum: on 20:18 - Jan 15 with 4450 viewsBlueBadger

If there was another referendum: on 20:16 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Sadly, facts have generally had that kind of bias.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there was another referendum: on 20:21 - Jan 15 with 4436 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 20:10 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

A Norway style deal that isn't being offered? How are they going to do that?

All it requires is the agreement of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there was another referendum: on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 4431 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:21 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

All it requires is the agreement of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

Oh. That'll be no problem at all then.

If there was another referendum: on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 4434 viewsGuthrum

And the EU would probably go along with that, as it ensures regulatory and tariff compatibility. The hard-core Brexiteers won't like it, tho (but there's not enough of them on their own).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there was another referendum: on 20:24 - Jan 15 with 4424 viewsWeirdFishes

The same as before - remain, obviously.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

If there was another referendum: on 20:24 - Jan 15 with 4423 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 20:22 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

Oh. That'll be no problem at all then.

I dunno, I hear Liechtenstein has an agenda against Strictly Come Dancing. We could have to accept we would never see Claudia Wriklebum on tv again

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was another referendum: on 20:25 - Jan 15 with 4406 viewsgrimboy

Leave
If there was another referendum: on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 4401 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:25 - Jan 15 by grimboy

Leave

How come?

on 20:27 - Jan 15 with 4396 views_

If there was another referendum: on 20:25 - Jan 15 by grimboy

Leave

If there was another referendum: on 20:28 - Jan 15 with 4395 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 20:23 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

And the EU would probably go along with that, as it ensures regulatory and tariff compatibility. The hard-core Brexiteers won't like it, tho (but there's not enough of them on their own).

The hard core Brexiteers number about 24, as shown in the defeated Baron amendment. May will win the no confidence motion and there is no majority for a people vote.

I believe the house will see EFTa as a compromise that reflects the 52/48 result.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there was another referendum: on 20:33 - Jan 15 with 4385 viewsTrequartista

If there was another referendum: on 20:17 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

Would you be so bold as to present a counter argument then?

Describing one side as "are we really going to be that stupid" is biased.

I want to be a separate nation within a European trading block, I do not want any political union (as i love Britain) and that increases all the time. So I had to vote on balance and voted Remain as the least worst option. I respect those who feel the political union has gone too far or feel that we are being increasingly governed by unelected politicians in Brussels. They are not stupid, they just have a different opinion.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:34]

If there was another referendum: on 20:34 - Jan 15 with 4375 viewsfactual_blue

If there was another referendum: on 20:26 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

How come?

So the UK can introduce new laws on bus-related deaths.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:34]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If there was another referendum: on 20:34 - Jan 15 with 4378 viewscaught-in-limbo

I couldn't vote in 2016 because I had been out of the country more than 15 years.

I said at the time that I would have voted leave, knew it would never happen (and I still believe that) and wanted to see how the Government coped with such a vote. Sadly, I think the democracy we have in the UK and most Western democracies is as good as dead.

I would vote leave again in the hope that anyone still believing we have a political system fit for purpose finally realises they're being strung along like puppets.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:37]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024