Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was another referendum: 19:58 - Jan 15 with 41473 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would you vote:
- The same as before - Leave
- The same as before - Remain
- Differently - Leave
- Differently - Remain

I think I’d vote differently - To remain.

It’s frankly a shambles. And I voted leave without knowing. I should never have been trusted to vote on something the general public knows not enough about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 20:34 - Jan 15 with 5302 viewsBlueBadger

If there was another referendum: on 20:33 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Describing one side as "are we really going to be that stupid" is biased.

I want to be a separate nation within a European trading block, I do not want any political union (as i love Britain) and that increases all the time. So I had to vote on balance and voted Remain as the least worst option. I respect those who feel the political union has gone too far or feel that we are being increasingly governed by unelected politicians in Brussels. They are not stupid, they just have a different opinion.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:34]

It's quite difficult summing up two arguments in sentence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there was another referendum: on 20:35 - Jan 15 with 5293 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:34 - Jan 15 by caught-in-limbo

I couldn't vote in 2016 because I had been out of the country more than 15 years.

I said at the time that I would have voted leave, knew it would never happen (and I still believe that) and wanted to see how the Government coped with such a vote. Sadly, I think the democracy we have in the UK and most Western democracies is as good as dead.

I would vote leave again in the hope that anyone still believing we have a political system fit for purpose finally realises they're being strung along like puppets.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:37]

Nice one, Vlad.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there was another referendum: on 20:40 - Jan 15 with 5288 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

I wasn't eligible to vote first time round, but 3 years later: Remain.
If there was another referendum: on 20:42 - Jan 15 with 5283 viewsGuthrum

If there was another referendum: on 20:28 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

The hard core Brexiteers number about 24, as shown in the defeated Baron amendment. May will win the no confidence motion and there is no majority for a people vote.

I believe the house will see EFTa as a compromise that reflects the 52/48 result.

It would have to be some sort of individual para-EFTA arrangement, as the Norwegians have said they won't approve us joining EFTA proper.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there was another referendum: on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 5278 viewscaught-in-limbo

If there was another referendum: on 20:35 - Jan 15 by SpruceMoose

Nice one, Vlad.

Unless your name is Vlad, there shouldn't be a comma in your sentence.

I think that says as much about my nationality as it does about your education.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If there was another referendum: on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 5271 viewsjeera

A close mate of mine has said he would vote Leave again if given the option, "on principle".

This guy is not a complete fool, so I was surprised at his attitude, but yes, I think there's probably quite a few with that sense of reasoning.

In that regard it seems there's people who really don't care about the outcome but are more interested in sticking to their guns.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If there was another referendum: on 20:44 - Jan 15 with 5278 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 20:42 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

It would have to be some sort of individual para-EFTA arrangement, as the Norwegians have said they won't approve us joining EFTA proper.

Wasn’t that just a Norwegian MP who said that? And his objection was that they were worried that we’d join EFTA as a temporary masure whilst we decided what to do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there was another referendum: on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 5260 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 20:34 - Jan 15 by caught-in-limbo

I couldn't vote in 2016 because I had been out of the country more than 15 years.

I said at the time that I would have voted leave, knew it would never happen (and I still believe that) and wanted to see how the Government coped with such a vote. Sadly, I think the democracy we have in the UK and most Western democracies is as good as dead.

I would vote leave again in the hope that anyone still believing we have a political system fit for purpose finally realises they're being strung along like puppets.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:37]

You would vote leave to see if the government could cope

Government couldn't cope

You would vote leave to see if the government could cope in the eyes of other voters?

Lets just cut the fat, [Edit for clarity] you'd be voting to leave, because you want to withdraw from the European Union, which is fine if that is what you believe.

Though just to prove a point that this government is incompetent? no need, it has been clear for a number of years and just built into a crescendo that is, well, today.

However, if you voted leave, but wanted to remain, just to prove a point - then you have pretty much resigned to acting like a bell end.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:31]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

If there was another referendum: on 20:49 - Jan 15 with 5251 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 20:48 - Jan 15 by wkj

Government couldn't cope

You would vote leave to see if the government could cope in the eyes of other voters?

Lets just cut the fat, [Edit for clarity] you'd be voting to leave, because you want to withdraw from the European Union, which is fine if that is what you believe.

Though just to prove a point that this government is incompetent? no need, it has been clear for a number of years and just built into a crescendo that is, well, today.

However, if you voted leave, but wanted to remain, just to prove a point - then you have pretty much resigned to acting like a bell end.

Arf!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there was another referendum: on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 5244 viewsFtnfwest

Wouldn’t vote, what’s the point
If there was another referendum: on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 5243 viewsBloomBlue

How would you vote at the third referendum?
If there was another referendum: on 20:52 - Jan 15 with 5239 viewsm14_blue

If there was another referendum: on 20:28 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

The hard core Brexiteers number about 24, as shown in the defeated Baron amendment. May will win the no confidence motion and there is no majority for a people vote.

I believe the house will see EFTa as a compromise that reflects the 52/48 result.

As someone with a pretty good handle on things are you still just as confident we’ll arrive at that?

Seems sensible but I’ve long since abandoned faith in common sense winning out.
If there was another referendum: on 20:54 - Jan 15 with 5228 viewsBluesquid

My god, we can't even hold these clowns to account in our own country, does anyone think it's going to be any easier to do so when they are sitting in another country?

Leave.
If there was another referendum: on 20:55 - Jan 15 with 5231 viewsGuthrum

If there was another referendum: on 20:44 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

Wasn’t that just a Norwegian MP who said that? And his objection was that they were worried that we’d join EFTA as a temporary masure whilst we decided what to do.

No, they were concerned a country the size of the UK would unbalance EFTA and (understandable, given its EU history of demanding exceptions to the rules) possibly try to veto things the others didn't want to. Possibly damaging EFTA's relationship with the EU.

It was a senior member of Norway's governing party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/dec/07/norwegian-politicians-reject-uk

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there was another referendum: on 20:58 - Jan 15 with 5222 viewscaught-in-limbo

If there was another referendum: on 20:48 - Jan 15 by wkj

Government couldn't cope

You appear to have missed the point I made right at the start of my post: I can't vote, so my points are completely hypothetical.

You're clearly not very bright and as a result your insults will only appeal to those with a similarly low intellect.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If there was another referendum: on 20:58 - Jan 15 with 5221 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 20:52 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

As someone with a pretty good handle on things are you still just as confident we’ll arrive at that?

Seems sensible but I’ve long since abandoned faith in common sense winning out.

If the people’s vote doesn’t get enough traction then I don’t see any alternative.

The hard Brexiteers helped kill off an end of freedom of movement tonight.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there was another referendum: on 21:09 - Jan 15 with 5197 viewsPinewoodblue

Rommy at the last referendum the majority of young voters voted to remain, you did what you thought was right and you should do the same if the chance arises. I am not saying which way you should vote just that you should do what you think is best.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If there was another referendum: on 21:20 - Jan 15 with 5185 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 20:58 - Jan 15 by caught-in-limbo

You appear to have missed the point I made right at the start of my post: I can't vote, so my points are completely hypothetical.

You're clearly not very bright and as a result your insults will only appeal to those with a similarly low intellect.

There were no insults in the post, well not intended.

I did not miss the point, I understand you couldn't vote, and my language in the post highlights that with the use of the word "would"

The point in which I used an insult was levied at a ridiculous notion -

If someone would vote Leave, but feel we should remain to prove a point - the are morons, especially when the point has been clear for all to see for a long time already- the UK Government is weak and inept.

If you would vote to leave because that is what you would want, then that is all you'd need to say instead of trying to justify it as to teach government a lesson.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:21]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was another referendum: on 21:22 - Jan 15 with 5175 viewsSwansea_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 20:07 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

There is no majority in the commons for a second referendum.

The house will eventually vote for a Norway style deal.

One with lots of pickled herring and extortionately expensive beer? It’s an option I suppose.

EU again tonight ‘please hurry up and tell us what you want (you twerps)’. We may get to a Norway type in the end, but it’ll have to be bespoke as the Norwegian’s don’t want us anywhere near their existing arrangements.

Bit of a pickle (not herring).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there was another referendum: on 21:29 - Jan 15 with 5159 viewsjaykay

If there was another referendum: on 20:25 - Jan 15 by grimboy

Leave

please stay on here, no need for you to leave

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If there was another referendum: on 21:30 - Jan 15 with 5161 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Why did you vote then?

Poll: Best Football Song

If there was another referendum: on 21:33 - Jan 15 with 5147 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 20:09 - Jan 15 by _

Most people I know at uni and back home didn’t vote.

And most didn’t/don’t understand it.

If either of the sides had concentrated on their own stuff, rather than trying to say what could happen if we voted for the other side, I’d have had half an idea. Both sides were terrible.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 21:42 - Jan 15 with 5126 viewsRoyKeanesDog

If there was another referendum: on 21:33 - Jan 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Most people I know at uni and back home didn’t vote.

And most didn’t/don’t understand it.

If either of the sides had concentrated on their own stuff, rather than trying to say what could happen if we voted for the other side, I’d have had half an idea. Both sides were terrible.

Surely it was the responsibility of both sides to alert the public what would happen if we were to vote leave? The burden of persuasion is on Leave as it was uncharted territory.

Remain would've been more of the same, so people had an idea of what was going to happen. With Leave, it was down to Leave to convince (con) people into a better life, and Remain pleaded people to see reason.

If you were offered two pills, one of which had no effect, but the other destined you to an eternity in hell- my main effort of persuasion for you to take the first one would be to warn you of the terrors the second would give you.

Poll: Best Football Song

If there was another referendum: on 21:47 - Jan 15 with 5118 viewsEwan_Oozami

I would vote Remain - for me the case for changing the status quo, even now, has not been sufficiently made, IMHO.

Once we're out, we're out and if we do find it difficult to make those easy trade deals, then getting back in, should the mood of the country change, would be very difficult and on much worse terms than before. Outside we have relatively little leverage on the world stage, certainly compared to the EU, China and the US, and especially after he debacle we've made over leaving the EU.

Even if we stay in, we can still do many things:

1. Still opt out of more stuff we don't like
2. Actually plan a managed exit from the EU following another referendum in say 10 years time - or not even having a referendum, just re-invoking Article 50
3. Actually take a proper part in European affairs instead of just sniping from the sidelines, instead of taking the laissez faire attitude of New Labour.
4. We still have that implicit threat that we could leave at any time should the EU prove intransigent.

What would the question be for a 2nd ref anyway, Remain or Leave with No Deal?

The biggest mistake the leavers made was assuming the EU would cave in once we'd invoked Article 50 - we should have held off invoking Article 50 for at least another 6 -12 months to let all the shenanigans play out (and possibly had a GE in the meantime to confirm (or not) the Brexit mood of the country) and then we would have been in a stronger position, by invoking Article 50 so quickly, we lost any leverage we might have had.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If there was another referendum: on 21:53 - Jan 15 with 5099 viewsRamRob

If there was another referendum: on 20:07 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

There is no majority in the commons for a second referendum.

The house will eventually vote for a Norway style deal.

EU currentky saying that's not on the table

Remain

No deal

The negotiated deal

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024