Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was another referendum: 19:58 - Jan 15 with 41498 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would you vote:
- The same as before - Leave
- The same as before - Remain
- Differently - Leave
- Differently - Remain

I think I’d vote differently - To remain.

It’s frankly a shambles. And I voted leave without knowing. I should never have been trusted to vote on something the general public knows not enough about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 21:54 - Jan 15 with 3074 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 21:53 - Jan 15 by RamRob

EU currentky saying that's not on the table

Remain

No deal

The negotiated deal

I honestly do not see anything other than these three outcomes being achievable.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was another referendum: on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 3067 viewsSwansea_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 20:50 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

How would you vote at the third referendum?

Yes, to joining the Superstate Trumpton

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there was another referendum: on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 3061 viewsStokieBlue

If there was another referendum: on 20:08 - Jan 15 by Trequartista

Tiresome but true. Any referendum relies on partial information. That's why you should never have them. But now we have, we should really stick to it or risk serious damage to civil order and a parliamentary crisis

That's nonsense though isn't it.

Take the AV referendum for instance, everyone knew how it would work.

You just want to champion that opinion because it makes your own view more valid in your eyes.

Civil disorder? If people can't behave because someone has a different opinion than them then they deserve whatever they get.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If there was another referendum: on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 3045 viewsfooters

If there was another referendum: on 21:54 - Jan 15 by wkj

I honestly do not see anything other than these three outcomes being achievable.

Declare war on France and invade the EU from there?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there was another referendum: on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 3043 viewsjjblue84

Even if Remain won a second referendum, that only makes it 1-1. So then what??
If there was another referendum: on 22:01 - Jan 15 with 3037 viewsgtsb

Rommy...the E.U is a far too complex organisation for most of the British population to understand imho. We should never have been given a vote on this in the first place and I think second time around the vast majority still haven't got a clue how it works. Having said that , and considering the younger generation want to stay and from a personal point of view I've nothing to complain about, I'd vote remain this time around as I rather naively voted leave.
If there was another referendum: on 22:02 - Jan 15 with 3035 viewsFreddies_Ears

Same as before - Remain

But this time I would campaign publicly
If there was another referendum: on 22:02 - Jan 15 with 3030 viewsPinewoodblue

If there was another referendum: on 21:57 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

That's nonsense though isn't it.

Take the AV referendum for instance, everyone knew how it would work.

You just want to champion that opinion because it makes your own view more valid in your eyes.

Civil disorder? If people can't behave because someone has a different opinion than them then they deserve whatever they get.

SB

Think he meant that people may take to the streets when they realise all the talk of honouring the referendum result was ballskit.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

If there was another referendum: on 22:03 - Jan 15 with 3025 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 22:00 - Jan 15 by jjblue84

Even if Remain won a second referendum, that only makes it 1-1. So then what??

Only makes it 1 - 1 if the options on Ref 2 are

Leave
Remain

It is an entirely different Ref if the choices are

Leave with No Deal
Remain

or

Leave with deal
Remain

A three choice referendum is highly unlikely.

Crybaby

If there was another referendum: on 22:03 - Jan 15 with 3025 viewsSuperfrans

Same - remain.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If there was another referendum: on 22:05 - Jan 15 with 3013 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 22:01 - Jan 15 by gtsb

Rommy...the E.U is a far too complex organisation for most of the British population to understand imho. We should never have been given a vote on this in the first place and I think second time around the vast majority still haven't got a clue how it works. Having said that , and considering the younger generation want to stay and from a personal point of view I've nothing to complain about, I'd vote remain this time around as I rather naively voted leave.

That’s exactly how I stand on it too bud.

If there was another referendum: on 22:07 - Jan 15 with 3000 viewsStokieBlue

If there was another referendum: on 22:02 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Think he meant that people may take to the streets when they realise all the talk of honouring the referendum result was ballskit.

Yes I know.

And as I said, if they can't behave then that's their issue. Protest if you like but that's different to civil disobedience.

SB

If there was another referendum: on 22:09 - Jan 15 with 2993 viewsfooters

If there was another referendum: on 22:01 - Jan 15 by gtsb

What's changed your mind(s) since the vote, gtsb, and Rommy?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there was another referendum: on 22:11 - Jan 15 with 2980 viewsStokieBlue

If there was another referendum: on 22:09 - Jan 15 by footers

I would guess information.

As I said before, very few good decisions in human history were made on partial information.

SB

If there was another referendum: on 22:11 - Jan 15 with 2976 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 22:09 - Jan 15 by footers

It’s the fact it’s a complete and utter sh*tshow.

If there was another referendum: on 22:16 - Jan 15 with 2964 viewscaught-in-limbo

If there was another referendum: on 21:20 - Jan 15 by wkj

There were no insults in the post, well not intended.

I did not miss the point, I understand you couldn't vote, and my language in the post highlights that with the use of the word "would"

The point in which I used an insult was levied at a ridiculous notion -

If someone would vote Leave, but feel we should remain to prove a point - the are morons, especially when the point has been clear for all to see for a long time already- the UK Government is weak and inept.

If you would vote to leave because that is what you would want, then that is all you'd need to say instead of trying to justify it as to teach government a lesson.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:21]

>>There were no insults in the post, well not intended.

I would suggest you earned a couple of your up-votes for the line "However, if you voted leave, but wanted to remain, just to prove a point - then you have pretty much resigned to acting like a bell end." Call it a ridiculous notion (and it is), it's still a veiled insult and always well-received by some. It's full of plausible deniability but a clever tactic nonetheless.

>> I did not miss the point, I understand you couldn't vote, and my language in the post highlights that with the use of the word "would"

You'll forgive me for thinking that you missed the point when you said "Lets just cut the fat, you are voting to leave, because you want to withdraw from the European Union, which is fine if that is what you believe."

>>If you would vote to leave because that is what you would want, then that is all you'd need to say instead of trying to justify it as to teach government a lesson.

How about me wanting to leave the EU and wanting to teach the government a lesson, is that not an option? Furthermore, who are you to tell me that I can't vote (hypothetically) for two reasons I feel strongly about?

EDIT: You also said "Though to proove (sic) a point that this government is incompetent? no need, it has been clear for a number of years ..."
I don't believe our Government is anywhere near the level of incompetent people think they are but you have implied that is what I think.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:30]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If there was another referendum: on 22:17 - Jan 15 with 2963 viewspeterleeblue

Same as before Remain
If there was another referendum: on 22:19 - Jan 15 with 2956 viewsLord_Lucan

If there was another referendum: on 20:44 - Jan 15 by jeera

A close mate of mine has said he would vote Leave again if given the option, "on principle".

This guy is not a complete fool, so I was surprised at his attitude, but yes, I think there's probably quite a few with that sense of reasoning.

In that regard it seems there's people who really don't care about the outcome but are more interested in sticking to their guns.

I voted remain and I would vote remain again - but the Swingometer would have edged a few percent to leave - and despite popular opinion I am also not a complete fool.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If there was another referendum: on 22:21 - Jan 15 with 2950 viewsgtsb

If there was another referendum: on 22:11 - Jan 15 by StokieBlue

I would guess information.

As I said before, very few good decisions in human history were made on partial information.

SB

And there you have it in one. Listen I'm not going to lie to you but I do feel immigration is out of control and I thought leaving the EU would help us get this under control but I realise now that the EU is so much more than I'd ever imagined it was and I've only scratched the surface by reading the papers and watching the news. It's way above my head.
If there was another referendum: on 22:21 - Jan 15 with 2948 viewsgordon

The same as before, remain.

The whole thing has been a disgrace, it should obviously never have been put to a public vote.

And our politicians have been appalling, pretty much the lot of them, in not being honest about the situation to the electorate.
If there was another referendum: on 22:24 - Jan 15 with 2940 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 22:16 - Jan 15 by caught-in-limbo

>>There were no insults in the post, well not intended.

I would suggest you earned a couple of your up-votes for the line "However, if you voted leave, but wanted to remain, just to prove a point - then you have pretty much resigned to acting like a bell end." Call it a ridiculous notion (and it is), it's still a veiled insult and always well-received by some. It's full of plausible deniability but a clever tactic nonetheless.

>> I did not miss the point, I understand you couldn't vote, and my language in the post highlights that with the use of the word "would"

You'll forgive me for thinking that you missed the point when you said "Lets just cut the fat, you are voting to leave, because you want to withdraw from the European Union, which is fine if that is what you believe."

>>If you would vote to leave because that is what you would want, then that is all you'd need to say instead of trying to justify it as to teach government a lesson.

How about me wanting to leave the EU and wanting to teach the government a lesson, is that not an option? Furthermore, who are you to tell me that I can't vote (hypothetically) for two reasons I feel strongly about?

EDIT: You also said "Though to proove (sic) a point that this government is incompetent? no need, it has been clear for a number of years ..."
I don't believe our Government is anywhere near the level of incompetent people think they are but you have implied that is what I think.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:30]

I used the words "Would" to the introduction of the post in the first three lines.

The rest was challenging two scenarios:

voting leave because they believed it was the right outcome

voting leave, while believing we should remain, but to try and prove a point

Hopefully that helps clear it up

EDIT: As for telling you how to vote(hypothetically or otherwise) I'm not - Just highlighting the fact you'd be trying to prove a point that has long been proven and known, as a sacrifice to your beliefs in what the outcome of a referendum should be.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:29]

Crybaby

If there was another referendum: on 22:27 - Jan 15 with 2922 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 22:21 - Jan 15 by gtsb

And there you have it in one. Listen I'm not going to lie to you but I do feel immigration is out of control and I thought leaving the EU would help us get this under control but I realise now that the EU is so much more than I'd ever imagined it was and I've only scratched the surface by reading the papers and watching the news. It's way above my head.

Whilst I didn’t vote because of immigration (I voted because I didn’t like the idea that the EU had control of our laws), that paragraph is spot on.

Politicians know this stuff. They should have been making the Brecit decision - not people like us.

If there was another referendum: on 22:28 - Jan 15 with 2914 viewsjjblue84

If there was another referendum: on 22:03 - Jan 15 by wkj

Only makes it 1 - 1 if the options on Ref 2 are

Leave
Remain

It is an entirely different Ref if the choices are

Leave with No Deal
Remain

or

Leave with deal
Remain

A three choice referendum is highly unlikely.

Welcome to even deeper confusion!
If there was another referendum: on 22:33 - Jan 15 with 2901 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 22:28 - Jan 15 by jjblue84

Welcome to even deeper confusion!

A 2nd Ref with a No-deal option is almost certainly the best chance people who want no-deal will achieve it

The other is a GE being called and a party winning a landslide populated with a large presence of Euro-sceptics - which is nigh on impossible

Crybaby

If there was another referendum: on 22:34 - Jan 15 with 2896 viewsjjblue84

If there was another referendum: on 22:33 - Jan 15 by wkj

A 2nd Ref with a No-deal option is almost certainly the best chance people who want no-deal will achieve it

The other is a GE being called and a party winning a landslide populated with a large presence of Euro-sceptics - which is nigh on impossible

Referendums mean nothing, and you haven’t noticed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024