Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What next...? 20:07 - Jan 15 with 2343 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

1. Agree to at least match environmental/workers protections.
2. Guarantee rights of Europeans/Britains living and working here or there as of March
3.Migration policy determined by government from that point.
4. Leave

Am I missing something, why wouldn't this get backing in Parliament?

Ps....(5. Proportional representation 6. Kick out the Tories)
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:08]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What next...? on 20:40 - Jan 15 with 687 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:30 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

We could, but there would be considerable pressure in the other direction, not least from Trump's low regulatory, make-money-at-all-costs USA, with whom we are going to be desperate to make a trade deal once out of the EU.

A second referendum would be about as productive as tonight's vote.

It could be our 'unique selling point'......make stuff that lasts!

What next...? on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 680 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:35 - Jan 15 by sparks

This will be good:

Explain your "Ireland addendum".

Keep up......all of the above is implemented unilaterally with immediate effect (March 29th) or whatever and as already stated in the adendum if the Irish establish a border then that's their decision.

What next...? on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 675 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:36 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

But that's the point nobody has said the UK's will be worse so no need to commit to making them the same as they're already better.
That is just part of a game by Corbyn

Have you met the Conservative Party!

What next...? on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 675 viewsGuthrum

What next...? on 20:40 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

It could be our 'unique selling point'......make stuff that lasts!

And sell one item a decade at (lest we price ourselves out of the market) only a small premium over the one which is being sold every couple of years - also New and Improved - thus making a quarter of the profits.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What next...? on 20:50 - Jan 15 with 668 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:48 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

And sell one item a decade at (lest we price ourselves out of the market) only a small premium over the one which is being sold every couple of years - also New and Improved - thus making a quarter of the profits.

......I am also trying to save the planet Guthers ......there is so much to put right!

Edit
7......abolish money (but this is down the line a bit).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:51]

What next...? on 20:51 - Jan 15 with 666 viewssparks

What next...? on 20:47 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Keep up......all of the above is implemented unilaterally with immediate effect (March 29th) or whatever and as already stated in the adendum if the Irish establish a border then that's their decision.

That doesnt solve the problem in any way shape or form, nor does it address the backstop issue does it?

Unless you are saying that, essentially, we agree to follow all EU rules and full customs union permanently?

In which case, its (1) not leaving the EU; and (2) wouldnt allow full border controls.

Thats not what you said though. So I remain entirely unclear as to your solution. Its not a case of simply leaving it to the Irish to decide a border. Do you understand NI at all?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What next...? on 20:54 - Jan 15 with 656 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:51 - Jan 15 by sparks

That doesnt solve the problem in any way shape or form, nor does it address the backstop issue does it?

Unless you are saying that, essentially, we agree to follow all EU rules and full customs union permanently?

In which case, its (1) not leaving the EU; and (2) wouldnt allow full border controls.

Thats not what you said though. So I remain entirely unclear as to your solution. Its not a case of simply leaving it to the Irish to decide a border. Do you understand NI at all?

It's no deal with standards Sparks.......there is no backstop.

What next...? on 20:56 - Jan 15 with 653 viewssparks

What next...? on 20:54 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's no deal with standards Sparks.......there is no backstop.

So its not a solution at all- there is no mandate for no deal in the HOP.

It also immediately creates the Ireland issue. There would be no customs deal or union- and therefore a big problem with the border and, potentially, a return to conflict in NI.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

What next...? on 21:01 - Jan 15 with 644 viewsNo9

What next...? on 20:35 - Jan 15 by sparks

No- the backstop and Ireland is.

Wasn't it Mays red lines that created the Irish backstop?
What next...? on 21:02 - Jan 15 with 643 viewssparks

What next...? on 21:01 - Jan 15 by No9

Wasn't it Mays red lines that created the Irish backstop?

Which ones do you say created it?

As far as Im aware, it is there to protect the position and secure a seamless Irish border, pending resolution fo a fuller trade deal (the basis for which remains entirely unclear).

What next...? on 21:03 - Jan 15 with 644 viewsBloomBlue

What next...? on 20:48 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Have you met the Conservative Party!

Do you know when I was in work the only time I actually felt I had no rights was when I was being forced to join a union. I had applied for a job and been offered it, but was then told i had to join the union and if I didn't I couldn't have the job.

I told them I didn't want to join the union as it meant paying in monthly subscriptions. I explained I would prefer to spend that money on my children, I was told tough it's a closed shop, no job if i didn't join the union.
I felt that was discrimination and the only time in my working career when I had no workers rights.
What next...? on 21:03 - Jan 15 with 641 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 20:56 - Jan 15 by sparks

So its not a solution at all- there is no mandate for no deal in the HOP.

It also immediately creates the Ireland issue. There would be no customs deal or union- and therefore a big problem with the border and, potentially, a return to conflict in NI.

What next...? on 21:04 - Jan 15 with 636 viewssparks

What next...? on 21:03 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well quite... What is your solution?

What next...? on 21:06 - Jan 15 with 635 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What next...? on 21:03 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

Do you know when I was in work the only time I actually felt I had no rights was when I was being forced to join a union. I had applied for a job and been offered it, but was then told i had to join the union and if I didn't I couldn't have the job.

I told them I didn't want to join the union as it meant paying in monthly subscriptions. I explained I would prefer to spend that money on my children, I was told tough it's a closed shop, no job if i didn't join the union.
I felt that was discrimination and the only time in my working career when I had no workers rights.

You have met the (careerist) Statists then!

What next...? on 21:11 - Jan 15 with 629 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What next...? on 21:03 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of closed shop employment that has generally been illegal in this country since 1992, the original point was environmental legislation.

If you honestly think this Government's desire to opt out of environmental legislation and the ECHR are due to wanting standards that support the environment and employees you are totally deluded.

If you are old enough to have been seeking employment in a closed shop, you are old enough to remember our beaches pre-EU.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What next...? on 21:11 - Jan 15 with 629 viewsGuthrum

What next...? on 20:50 - Jan 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

......I am also trying to save the planet Guthers ......there is so much to put right!

Edit
7......abolish money (but this is down the line a bit).
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:51]

Consumers tend only to be environmentally conscious when it's cheap.

Besides which, broken cars can be recycled into new ones. Old cars belch noxious fumes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024