Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good point made on the radio this morning 20:18 - Jan 15 with 39275 viewsFixed_It

48% knew what they were voting for and voted for it. 52% voted for different things. So actually, their vote was in effect split. And even now they can't agree. Will of the people? Remain.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If anything, that's the other way round on 14:50 - Jan 16 with 5906 viewsHerbivore

If anything, that's the other way round on 14:37 - Jan 16 by Dyland

but it's not binary is it, i.e. not everyone in the 48% who voted remain like everything about the EU and don't want continued negotiations and reform, and not everyone in the 52% who voted leave welcome the impasse or Brexit under any circumstances.

Put simply, not every Remainer is a libtard snowflake, and not every Leaver a gammon faced intractable racist.

Fvkc me I hate people.

COYFB

Triggered snowflake.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 5907 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 20:26 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

He didn't say they didn't know. He said they had a variety of different (and not necessarily compatible) ideas of what Leave meant in practical terms.

Not everybody wanted an instant and complete break with all aspects of the EU and no trade deal going forwards.

The same applies to remain voters.

They would have had different reasons and levels of understanding.
If anything, that's the other way round on 14:52 - Jan 16 with 5905 viewsDyland

If anything, that's the other way round on 14:50 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Triggered snowflake.

I'm more gammon libtard.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 5895 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 20:24 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

why do you wish to leave? What are the benefits?

That’s an easy one.

I don’t want to be part of an increasingly centralised and political union, run by individuals I can’t elect or remove.

I don’t want to be subject to rules and laws made other than by the courts and judges in my own country.

I don’t want to be part of a union whose accounts haven’t been audited or signed off for years and which doesn’t respect democracy - just look at Barnier’s suggestion that Brexit should be called off.

I don’t want to have no control over my country’s borders.

I want to be able to forge new trade deals around the world.
Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 5893 viewsHerbivore

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

It doesn't though. That is a piss weak argument.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 with 5890 viewsSpruceMoose

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

False equivalence ahoy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:56 - Jan 16 with 5890 viewsPinewoodblue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 11:00 - Jan 16 by caught-in-limbo

If you accept that, then you'll agree that our government has conspired against us. In 10 years time when we see it, and it's too late and our sovereignty is lost, it'll be a case of "conspiracy fact".

People don't like to recognise our leaders work in this way because they are scared or being labelled "conspiracy theorists", "unpatriotic" or even just "Vlad". Our leaders know this, that's why so much effort is invested in conflating stupid stuff like flat-earthers with genuine conspiracies.

The masses have always fallen in line rather that point out glaringly obvious truths, because where else would these expressions/sayings come from:

Think it will be nearer 20 years than 10 but I won't be around when the younger generation turn on their elders and ask why they voted to remain in the second referendum back in 2019.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:57 - Jan 16 with 5889 viewsblueislander

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:51 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

The reason that people voted remain was to maintain the status quo. That is , despite the deficiencies of the EU , they preferred it to the leap in the dark that is Brexit. You may call it “project fear” , but subsequent events would support that position.
Login to get fewer ads

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:58 - Jan 16 with 5889 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 20:27 - Jan 15 by Fixed_It

Although I'm not convinced they all knew what they were voting for (misleading claims on the sides of buses etc muddied the waters), the point made is that some were voting about immigration, some about sovereignty, some about bent bananas etc. Even now, many Brexiteers want different things. The Remain side knew exactly what they were voting for.

Not sure they did.

Some will have voted to remain because they didn’t like the EU but were scared of the unknown.

Others will have voted based on a misunderstanding of the issues (as with the leave side).

Others will have voted because they think we can renegotiate our membership and influence the EU if we stay in but that they are not happy with the EU as it stands.

Some will have voted because they love the EU and all it stands for and want to be part of a federal state.

And so on.
What's that in reference to? (n/t) on 15:00 - Jan 16 with 5887 viewsDyland

Good point made on the radio this morning on 20:40 - Jan 15 by Mullet

Along came a load of divs in safety vests saying they supported paedophilia and mass immigration.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:01 - Jan 16 with 5887 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

See above.

You are assuming that everyone on the leave side took the same view.

There is clearly a spectrum from those who don’t like the EU at all, and might have voted leave, but on balance feared the unknown; then those who didn’t like the EU but thought we could change it from the inside; to those who want to retain the status quo; to those who want to see greater political union; and finally to those who don’t even want to be part of the UK and see themselves as European.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 15:02]
Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 5881 viewsHerbivore

Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:01 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

See above.

You are assuming that everyone on the leave side took the same view.

There is clearly a spectrum from those who don’t like the EU at all, and might have voted leave, but on balance feared the unknown; then those who didn’t like the EU but thought we could change it from the inside; to those who want to retain the status quo; to those who want to see greater political union; and finally to those who don’t even want to be part of the UK and see themselves as European.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 15:02]

You're just making stuff up as you go along, pal.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:08 - Jan 16 with 5875 viewsHerbivore

Good point made on the radio this morning on 14:55 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

That’s an easy one.

I don’t want to be part of an increasingly centralised and political union, run by individuals I can’t elect or remove.

I don’t want to be subject to rules and laws made other than by the courts and judges in my own country.

I don’t want to be part of a union whose accounts haven’t been audited or signed off for years and which doesn’t respect democracy - just look at Barnier’s suggestion that Brexit should be called off.

I don’t want to have no control over my country’s borders.

I want to be able to forge new trade deals around the world.

I never had you down as a Mail reader.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 5846 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:08 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

I never had you down as a Mail reader.

That doesn’t address the merits or otherwise of what I said.

I was asked a question and answered in good faith.

What do you actually think is wrong in my post?

Are you prepared to engage in a reasoned discussion (in response to my answer), or just snipe?
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:14 - Jan 16 with 5844 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 15:04 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

You're just making stuff up as you go along, pal.

What is “made up”?

I am certain that many remain voters held different views about the EU and what remaining would mean.
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:21 - Jan 16 with 5837 viewsjjblue84

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:14 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

What is “made up”?

I am certain that many remain voters held different views about the EU and what remaining would mean.

We’ve seen for the last few years that nobody knows anything about the EU! As least we should know MORE about our own country??!
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:25 - Jan 16 with 5836 viewsLeaky

Load of rubbish i'm one of the 52% I voted leave expecting to just leave on no deal then negotiate a deal from outside the EU if they wanted a deal
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 5819 viewsHerbivore

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:14 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

What is “made up”?

You're certain? I'd be interested to see your evidence base on this one.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:32 - Jan 16 with 5819 viewsOxford_Blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:29 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

You're certain? I'd be interested to see your evidence base on this one.

I’ve spoken to a good cross section of people.
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 5816 viewsPinewoodblue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:25 - Jan 16 by Leaky

Load of rubbish i'm one of the 52% I voted leave expecting to just leave on no deal then negotiate a deal from outside the EU if they wanted a deal

Correct in fact that is exactly what is happening. There were never going to be trade deals, nor negotiations, until we have left the EU. We have spent two and a half years talking around a divorce agreement. It is the divorce agreement that was rejected yesterday.

Today Macron has made it clear, yet again, he will in any trade deal protect the interests of French fishermen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 5812 viewsHerbivore

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:32 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

That's your evidence? Oh dear.

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:37 - Jan 16 with 5807 viewsm14_blue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:25 - Jan 16 by Leaky

Why did you expect that?

No one suggested it at all, this was going to be 'the easiest deal in history' remember.

I suspect there's some revisionism going on here.
Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 5804 viewscaught-in-limbo

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:32 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

Perhaps this is an example of what psychologists used to call "mirrored box" or nowadays "projection". That is to say: someone who thinks they are surrounded by a one-dimensional thickos, is probably a one-dimensional thicko themselves.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 5788 viewsgiant_stow

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:42 - Jan 16 by caught-in-limbo

Perhaps this is an example of what psychologists used to call "mirrored box" or nowadays "projection". That is to say: someone who thinks they are surrounded by a one-dimensional thickos, is probably a one-dimensional thicko themselves.

how might that theory apply to you? I;d guess you'd either be sheeperson or a crazed conspirator, but not for me to say really (apologies)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:51 - Jan 16 with 5789 viewseireblue

Good point made on the radio this morning on 17:21 - Jan 16 by jjblue84

We’ve seen for the last few years that nobody knows anything about the EU! As least we should know MORE about our own country??!

If you truly think that nobody knows anything about the EU, and nobody of course includes you, then it logically follows that, if one person claimed to know something about the EU, you would not be able to determine if that person was accurate or not.

So really, what you are stating is you have no knowledge, and would not know if someone had good knowledge, and as such, can't add anything to a debate about the EU.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024