Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ITFC podcast? 10:09 - Jan 16 with 10931 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Best ITFC podcast? on 10:16 - Jan 16 with 4482 viewsBurwell_Blue

I enjoy the Kings of Anglia, the others (I say others, I only know of Blue Monday, is not to my taste at all after a strong start)
Best ITFC podcast? on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 4455 viewsrickw

I've tried both of those 2.
I listened to Blue Monday when it first came out but then stopped when neither the 2 guys had been to the match yet they were discussing it - I thought I'm not wasting an hour listening to 2 guys discuss a match neither had watched!!

I still listen to Kings of Anglia but find myself skipping their chats about crisps, hair and their weekends....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Best ITFC podcast? on 10:39 - Jan 16 with 4436 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

I have to say I don't really rate Blue Monday at all. It's incredibly cringey especially the car recording & Sky Sports/EFL show appearances.

Haven't given KOA a listen, but then again I don't really have time to listen to podcasts.
Best ITFC podcast? on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 4371 viewsitfcjoe

I think there is only the Naked Football Show on top of these, which is a good listen but does depend on the quality of the guest.

I quite enjoy Kings of Anglia most of the time, but it does drift too far away from football for too long at times.

Obviously a big fan of Blue Monday, think that produces really good content.

There was an Ipswich Town Talk one for a while but I stopped listening as was pretty terrible and think it has stopped now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best ITFC podcast? on 11:46 - Jan 16 with 4359 viewsbontcho

Best ITFC podcast? on 11:42 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I think there is only the Naked Football Show on top of these, which is a good listen but does depend on the quality of the guest.

I quite enjoy Kings of Anglia most of the time, but it does drift too far away from football for too long at times.

Obviously a big fan of Blue Monday, think that produces really good content.

There was an Ipswich Town Talk one for a while but I stopped listening as was pretty terrible and think it has stopped now.

Without wishing to praise Phil, the Naked Footballshow was far better when he was a regular as it had someone with a bit of inner knowledge, otherwise it’s a bit “two blokes in a pub”.

I listen to the other two and probably prefer KOA but feel it’s moving too far from the football. I quite like a bit of randomness but this feels forced randomness.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Best ITFC podcast? on 11:59 - Jan 16 with 4336 viewsReuser_is_God

Really enjoy KOA, some decent banter inbetween all the football stuff which is usually pretty insightful (as you'd expect from local journos).

I like Blue Monday but I only ever listen to the flagship show now. The history show is tedious with Statman on &, bombshell alert, I cannot listen to Harry on the preview show for whatever reason. However I've really enjoyed his few appearances on the flagship show.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:00]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:02 - Jan 16 with 4320 viewsSuperfrans

The Blue Monday preview show (with Harry from Bath and IpsRich) is absolutely essential.
Benjamin Bloom's review of the match on Monday is also excellent.

To be honest, I only listen to the Kings Of Angla one occasionally - the "banter" is excruciatingly unfunny, I'm afraid. I feel a bit sorry for Stuart, who seems to want to talk about football - but Mark Heath seems to think he's much funnier than he actually is. He isn't.

I don't listen to the Naked Football Show because it isn't on the Acast podcast app which I use...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:05]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:05 - Jan 16 with 4301 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:02 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

The Blue Monday preview show (with Harry from Bath and IpsRich) is absolutely essential.

To be honest, I only listen to the Kings Of Angla one occasionally - the "banter" is excruciatingly unfunny, I'm afraid. I feel a bit sorry for Stuart, who seems to want to talk about football - but Mark Heath seems to think he's much funnier than he actually is. He isn't.

I don't listen to the Naked Football Show because it isn't on the Acast podcast app which I use...

Yeah I’d agree, Heath is a melt.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 4292 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 11:59 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

Really enjoy KOA, some decent banter inbetween all the football stuff which is usually pretty insightful (as you'd expect from local journos).

I like Blue Monday but I only ever listen to the flagship show now. The history show is tedious with Statman on &, bombshell alert, I cannot listen to Harry on the preview show for whatever reason. However I've really enjoyed his few appearances on the flagship show.

I enjoy KOA, although the host does my head in a bit when he calls Andy & Stu ‘friend’ every 2 minutes. Weird.

Blue Monday flagship is quality, in the main. I do struggle a bit listening to the female they wheel on every now and then. She called Sheepshanks ‘Sheepy’ the other day. Benjamin Bloom makes me chuckle though.
Best ITFC podcast? on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 4275 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:07 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

I enjoy KOA, although the host does my head in a bit when he calls Andy & Stu ‘friend’ every 2 minutes. Weird.

Blue Monday flagship is quality, in the main. I do struggle a bit listening to the female they wheel on every now and then. She called Sheepshanks ‘Sheepy’ the other day. Benjamin Bloom makes me chuckle though.

Yeah, she always refers to McGoldrick as Didsy & Waghorn as Waggy too.

Like she fcuking knows them.

Evans out

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 4262 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:12 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

I mean, its not unreasonable to refer to them as that - they were basically referred to as that for the whole time at town.

On the thread topic, basically what everyone has said. I personally don't listen to Blue Monday anymore, the quality is too jarring with the dropped connections and sound quality(although i appreciate that's what they have to deal with) so i listen to KOA although, as many have said they do stray too far from football sometimes. On this weeks 50 minutes or so podcast, probably about 25 of it was not football based.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:17 - Jan 16 with 4251 viewsGarv

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:12 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

You must have missed the time she called him 'Marty'

(don't know if same person)

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:24 - Jan 16 with 4236 viewsBloots

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:02 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

....because I'm under the impression that bloke that thinks he's some sort of ITFC Stat Guru (because he has access to the internet) is on it quite a lot.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

If it's not I might give it a try.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:30 - Jan 16 with 4222 viewsSuperfrans

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:24 - Jan 16 by Bloots

....because I'm under the impression that bloke that thinks he's some sort of ITFC Stat Guru (because he has access to the internet) is on it quite a lot.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's not on all of them.

BM do three a week, the one on Monday is a review of the match gone past, there's a midweek one sometimes which recalls a match from the past (I think) and the Friday one is a preview of the match to come.

The stat bloke does the midweek one and sometimes the Monday one. But I've never heard him on the Friday one, which is the best of the lot imho. Imagine Harry From Bath's regular preview posts on TWTD - it's like that in podcast form.

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:32 - Jan 16 with 4209 viewsChiefXL

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:07 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

Everyone called Sheepshanks 'Sheepy' though?

I mean of course, heavens forbid a 'female' should have the nerve to though.....
Best ITFC podcast? on 12:33 - Jan 16 with 4207 viewsSuperfrans

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:32 - Jan 16 by ChiefXL

Everyone called Sheepshanks 'Sheepy' though?

I mean of course, heavens forbid a 'female' should have the nerve to though.....

That was Amy, I think. I think she's pretty good, goes to loads of games and knows what she is talking about.

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:34 - Jan 16 with 4213 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:24 - Jan 16 by Bloots

If you mean Renegade Statman? He does the midweek one and occasionally the monday show. Didn't really enjoy this weeks one, he consistently made snipes and negative comments which isn't for me.

Plus they were discussing the formation and said Quaner was outwide and Lankester up top, and then discussed that - probably an oversight but if they were at the game, clearly not the case.

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:50 - Jan 16 with 4162 viewsBurwell_Blue

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:34 - Jan 16 by JammyDodgerrr

If you mean Renegade Statman? He does the midweek one and occasionally the monday show. Didn't really enjoy this weeks one, he consistently made snipes and negative comments which isn't for me.

Plus they were discussing the formation and said Quaner was outwide and Lankester up top, and then discussed that - probably an oversight but if they were at the game, clearly not the case.

Don't follow him on Twitter then. The guy is so up his own arris its unreal.

42 carat plonker.
Best ITFC podcast? on 12:55 - Jan 16 with 4154 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Considering that 2 out of 3 ITFC podcasts available are run by fans who do it purely for the love of the game, some of you lot are rather harsh.
Best ITFC podcast? on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 4134 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:55 - Jan 16 by oncebluealwaysblue

Considering that 2 out of 3 ITFC podcasts available are run by fans who do it purely for the love of the game, some of you lot are rather harsh.

As stated above, appreciate that this is why they do it, and the technical side cannot be helped because they probably don't have the budget - but just because it is run by fans does not make it immune from criticism. I think it's levelled within reason.

Cheers matey.... on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 4112 viewsBloots

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:30 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he's not on all of them.

BM do three a week, the one on Monday is a review of the match gone past, there's a midweek one sometimes which recalls a match from the past (I think) and the Friday one is a preview of the match to come.

The stat bloke does the midweek one and sometimes the Monday one. But I've never heard him on the Friday one, which is the best of the lot imho. Imagine Harry From Bath's regular preview posts on TWTD - it's like that in podcast form.

....I'll have a listen to the Friday one then.

Yeah, that's him..... on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 4112 viewsBloots

I've always avoided the Blue Monday one.... on 12:34 - Jan 16 by JammyDodgerrr

...a dreadful attention seeking individual.

Cheers.

Best ITFC podcast? on 14:23 - Jan 16 with 4037 viewsIpswichKnight

KOA mainly now, agree with the rest of you I don't really care that much about how Stuart Watson's boiler is, though didn't Stuart Watson ask if those listening wanted more or less football content. Ideally just let Watson and Warren get on with by themselves.

Blue Monday - dip in and out of this, quite like the preview show at the moment.

Naked football show - agree that this does depend on the quality of guests it can be really good somedays and then really poor the next.
on 14:39 - Jan 16 with 3996 views_

Best ITFC podcast? on 11:59 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

This deserves a repost on 14:43 - Jan 16 with 4011 viewsDyland

Not an ITFC podcast, but hilarious for Town fans.

"This and that."

NSFW

https://www.acast.com/topflighttimemachine/thekeaneodyssey-part6

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024