Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ITFC podcast? 10:09 - Jan 16 with 10970 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Best ITFC podcast? on 14:58 - Jan 16 with 5923 viewsSuperfrans

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:59 - Jan 16 by JammyDodgerrr

As stated above, appreciate that this is why they do it, and the technical side cannot be helped because they probably don't have the budget - but just because it is run by fans does not make it immune from criticism. I think it's levelled within reason.

To be honest, the KOA one (produced by a professional media company) has far worse sound/tech than the fan-operated one. (Although Benjamin Bloom works in the music industry, so presumably knows his way around a decent sound set-up)

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:20 - Jan 16 with 5905 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:17 - Jan 16 by Garv

You must have missed the time she called him 'Marty'

(don't know if same person)

That was it, she called Waghorn 'Marty', then referred to 'Didsy', and moved onto a story about Sheepshanks calling him 'Sheepy'. I nearly crashed the motor.
Best ITFC podcast? on 15:34 - Jan 16 with 5890 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:32 - Jan 16 by ChiefXL

Everyone called Sheepshanks 'Sheepy' though?

I mean of course, heavens forbid a 'female' should have the nerve to though.....

Sheep-y? No they didn't.

Amy, it's not that she is female, maybe you're getting caught up in the 'debate' over female commentators or pundits on Match of the Day or Sky. On that subject, I find Alex Scott very good and enjoy her views. As another poster comments, I find her totally cringe and end up getting annoyed with her.

I'm a bit like that with Statman too, he's not female.
Best ITFC podcast? on 15:40 - Jan 16 with 5886 viewsBLUEBEAT

What’s the podcast which is spoilt by the game they play at the end? If it is at the end?

The game where presenters have to come up with the line ups for, say, ITFC V Portsmouth 1987.

That is such a painful drone.

Decent podcast until the game. Don’t know if anything happens after this game as I switch it off.

Game.

Poll: W or W

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:52 - Jan 16 with 5871 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Best ITFC podcast? on 14:58 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

To be honest, the KOA one (produced by a professional media company) has far worse sound/tech than the fan-operated one. (Although Benjamin Bloom works in the music industry, so presumably knows his way around a decent sound set-up)

Agree it's not good enough for EADT, in comparison to say The Guardians, however, i guess Blue Monday record via skype, and there is far too many drop outs and muffles, which personally, i don't really like.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:23 - Jan 16 with 5858 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:40 - Jan 16 by BLUEBEAT

What’s the podcast which is spoilt by the game they play at the end? If it is at the end?

The game where presenters have to come up with the line ups for, say, ITFC V Portsmouth 1987.

That is such a painful drone.

Decent podcast until the game. Don’t know if anything happens after this game as I switch it off.

Game.

Yeah that's Blue Monday flagship show.
Best ITFC podcast? on 16:25 - Jan 16 with 5854 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:23 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah that's Blue Monday flagship show.

It is actually a decent game that usually just descends into chaos when/if the participants can't be bothered.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:28 - Jan 16 with 5853 viewsReuser_is_God

on 14:39 - Jan 16 by _

I've only been listening to KOA this season.

I quite enjoy it & it probably is my favourite ITFC pod, the only criticism would be the host who does think he's bit of a comedian.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 5853 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:33 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

That was Amy, I think. I think she's pretty good, goes to loads of games and knows what she is talking about.

She doesn't go to loads of games.

She just goes to northern games with all the other freaks.

Evans out

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 5844 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:20 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

That was it, she called Waghorn 'Marty', then referred to 'Didsy', and moved onto a story about Sheepshanks calling him 'Sheepy'. I nearly crashed the motor.

That's it.

Cringeworthy.

I reckon she'll be on Mondays show & will call Alan Judge "Judgey".

Evans out

Best ITFC podcast? on 17:13 - Jan 16 with 5823 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 16:35 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

That's it.

Cringeworthy.

I reckon she'll be on Mondays show & will call Alan Judge "Judgey".

100%, nailed on.

And Collins will be 'Jamesy'
Best ITFC podcast? on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 5811 viewsChiefXL

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:34 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

Sheep-y? No they didn't.

Amy, it's not that she is female, maybe you're getting caught up in the 'debate' over female commentators or pundits on Match of the Day or Sky. On that subject, I find Alex Scott very good and enjoy her views. As another poster comments, I find her totally cringe and end up getting annoyed with her.

"Some of my best friends are female"
Best ITFC podcast? on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 5803 viewsGerkensBeard

Blue Monday flagship show for me but only if the lineup is either of Ben, Joe, Harry and Dave. The other guys just don’t know enough about football for me.
The stat man comes out with some ridiculous views like he wasn’t at the game he’s commenting on.
And the lad saying Quaner was out wide Saturday is criminal
Ben has to host it to have any flow I find. Plus he has an excellent knowledge of the championship like Harry they know pretty much every opposition player
Best ITFC podcast? on 19:59 - Jan 16 with 5772 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 17:17 - Jan 16 by ChiefXL

"Some of my best friends are female"

Guessed that.
Best ITFC podcast? on 20:55 - Jan 16 with 5746 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

I've only listened to one KOA, sounded fairly amusing. I'm guessing Watson's insight is useful. The Naked Football show sounds like two blokes in a pub or in their front room and that Blackburn bloke is such a lefty, keep your politics out of the podcast mate, its supposed to be about ITFC, don't want to hear your anti trump, anti Brexit, pro labour BS. The awful Erasure music doesn't help. The Blue Monday Podcast is getting a bit chummy. I notice Mullet sucks up every week in the questions section and Dave Dymond and his mockney accent is tedious. BB, Joe, Mikey and Rich are entertaining but I find Harry too much at times bit of an Anorak, but a nice bloke and passionate fan. Not listened to Lifes a Pitch or Ipswich Fanzone so can't comment on those.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:52]

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:18 - Jan 16 with 5732 viewsReuser_is_God

Best ITFC podcast? on 20:55 - Jan 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

I've only listened to one KOA, sounded fairly amusing. I'm guessing Watson's insight is useful. The Naked Football show sounds like two blokes in a pub or in their front room and that Blackburn bloke is such a lefty, keep your politics out of the podcast mate, its supposed to be about ITFC, don't want to hear your anti trump, anti Brexit, pro labour BS. The awful Erasure music doesn't help. The Blue Monday Podcast is getting a bit chummy. I notice Mullet sucks up every week in the questions section and Dave Dymond and his mockney accent is tedious. BB, Joe, Mikey and Rich are entertaining but I find Harry too much at times bit of an Anorak, but a nice bloke and passionate fan. Not listened to Lifes a Pitch or Ipswich Fanzone so can't comment on those.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:52]

Mullet just wants to be on the podcast, let’s be honest.

Evans out

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:23 - Jan 16 with 5726 viewsSuperfrans

Best ITFC podcast? on 15:34 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

Sheep-y? No they didn't.

We always used to call him ”Sheepy”.
And even the players called McGoldrick “Didzy”.

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 5713 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:23 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

We always used to call him ”Sheepy”.
And even the players called McGoldrick “Didzy”.

I think it was Shepy, not Sheepy.

I’m aware DM was known as Didzy, it’s just the way it’s delivered, along with ‘Marty’ etc. It’s as if she’s their best mate. Bit cringe.
Best ITFC podcast? on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 5710 viewsSuperfrans

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:33 - Jan 16 by OsborneOneNil

I think it was Shepy, not Sheepy.

I’m aware DM was known as Didzy, it’s just the way it’s delivered, along with ‘Marty’ etc. It’s as if she’s their best mate. Bit cringe.

“Shepy”? As in “Isle of...”? Who said it like that?

Best ITFC podcast? on 22:00 - Jan 16 with 5694 viewsOsborneOneNil

Best ITFC podcast? on 21:34 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

“Shepy”? As in “Isle of...”? Who said it like that?

That’s it!

Tbh, most people called him ‘Sheepshanks’.
Best ITFC podcast? on 13:17 - Sep 4 with 4931 viewsbackinbeige

Appreciate this is an old thread - thought it better to add to other comments than start an identical thread.

Does KOA not seem a bit...flat? Stuart Watson and Andy Warren know Ipswich inside out and seem great blokes, but they aren't the most dynamic. The host (Mark Heath) is trying to get some energy out of them and as a result is getting stick in this thread for trying to be a comedian. I just think he's aware that someone needs to keep it lively.

If they added one more person to the line up who doesn't necessarily also have an encyclopedic knowledge of ITFC it would be far better. Watson and Warren know Ipswich better than anyone - going to the games, contacts in the club - so we're getting great perspective. If they get one more who can bring a bit of liveliness and enthusiasm then the host will be forced to step in less often to bring some energy, and between the three others they'd be talking longer about Ipswich. With two ITFC experts they've said all they need to say after 25 mins and need to spend the other 25 mins talking about motorway service stations.

If the 4th person was an existing friend of the other two then even better, the camaraderie and jokes wouldn't be forced. They'd also be less likely to start the answer to each question with the verbal equivalent of a gale force eight sigh. The 4th person doesn't need to have the encyclopedic knowledge also, they could represent the thoughts of your standard fan which the journalists aren't and in truth aren't represented on the podcast.

The podcast doesn't need cringe-inducing Soccer AM wahey lads lads lads bantz, just one more person to bring the energy as we've already got the knowledge.

If they're reading this (they're not) then my consulting invoice will be in the post.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 13:22]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Best ITFC podcast? on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 4926 viewsKieran_Knows

Best ITFC podcast? on 12:02 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

The Blue Monday preview show (with Harry from Bath and IpsRich) is absolutely essential.
Benjamin Bloom's review of the match on Monday is also excellent.

To be honest, I only listen to the Kings Of Angla one occasionally - the "banter" is excruciatingly unfunny, I'm afraid. I feel a bit sorry for Stuart, who seems to want to talk about football - but Mark Heath seems to think he's much funnier than he actually is. He isn't.

I don't listen to the Naked Football Show because it isn't on the Acast podcast app which I use...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:05]

Completely agree about Mark Heath. I listened to a couple but he was that annoying that I haven't listened to anymore since.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Best ITFC podcast? on 13:22 - Sep 4 with 4920 viewsKieran_Knows

Best ITFC podcast? on 14:23 - Jan 16 by IpswichKnight

KOA mainly now, agree with the rest of you I don't really care that much about how Stuart Watson's boiler is, though didn't Stuart Watson ask if those listening wanted more or less football content. Ideally just let Watson and Warren get on with by themselves.

Blue Monday - dip in and out of this, quite like the preview show at the moment.

Naked football show - agree that this does depend on the quality of guests it can be really good somedays and then really poor the next.

Yes, KOA would be much better with just Watson and Warren.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Best ITFC podcast? on 13:44 - Sep 4 with 4896 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Best ITFC podcast? on 13:22 - Sep 4 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, KOA would be much better with just Watson and Warren.

I enjoy the Blue Monday Pod the most, certainly kills a commute to London a couple of times a week. Dave is probably my favourite pundit on there (since Harry departed) as he purely reports the game as it is with minimal hyperbole and adds a well thought out opinion. Also good to hear from Joe on the development of the youth team. Their live show did very well so seem to have built up a good listener-ship.

I do listen to KOA but it almost feels like the Chris Evans run on Top Gear. Too much forced banter and not enough behind the scenes opinion. They offered a glimpse of former player's stories this week which was really good and then soon glossed over it with an irrelevant pub-style question. Andy and Stu can bring so much more to that show if they just focus on the football.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Best ITFC podcast? on 14:24 - Sep 4 with 4856 viewsrickw

Best ITFC podcast? on 13:17 - Sep 4 by backinbeige

Appreciate this is an old thread - thought it better to add to other comments than start an identical thread.

Does KOA not seem a bit...flat? Stuart Watson and Andy Warren know Ipswich inside out and seem great blokes, but they aren't the most dynamic. The host (Mark Heath) is trying to get some energy out of them and as a result is getting stick in this thread for trying to be a comedian. I just think he's aware that someone needs to keep it lively.

If they added one more person to the line up who doesn't necessarily also have an encyclopedic knowledge of ITFC it would be far better. Watson and Warren know Ipswich better than anyone - going to the games, contacts in the club - so we're getting great perspective. If they get one more who can bring a bit of liveliness and enthusiasm then the host will be forced to step in less often to bring some energy, and between the three others they'd be talking longer about Ipswich. With two ITFC experts they've said all they need to say after 25 mins and need to spend the other 25 mins talking about motorway service stations.

If the 4th person was an existing friend of the other two then even better, the camaraderie and jokes wouldn't be forced. They'd also be less likely to start the answer to each question with the verbal equivalent of a gale force eight sigh. The 4th person doesn't need to have the encyclopedic knowledge also, they could represent the thoughts of your standard fan which the journalists aren't and in truth aren't represented on the podcast.

The podcast doesn't need cringe-inducing Soccer AM wahey lads lads lads bantz, just one more person to bring the energy as we've already got the knowledge.

If they're reading this (they're not) then my consulting invoice will be in the post.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 13:22]

They've got a 4th person now - producer Ross, however he has less dynamism than Stuart and Andy!

I'd like them to release 2 versions - 1 as current and then 1 shortened version which only includes the football talk!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024