Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre 16:25 - Jan 16 with 6773 viewsclive_baker

He's a town fan. He's invited me there to watch it, reckons he knows a few pubs where we'll 'be alright'. Hardly a ringing endorsement is it? Thoughts?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 5472 viewsReuser_is_God

It's Ipswich Norwich not Fenerbache Galatasaray.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 5460 viewsMrTown

Wouldn't bother, hopefully get the fanzone open!!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 5460 viewsKieran_Knows

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

Try telling that to the Police.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:28 - Jan 16 with 5437 viewsHerbivore

There's plenty of pubs in Norwich where I'd feel safe watching the game as a Town fan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 5442 viewsclive_baker

Good point well made. I'm not fearful per se, but even getting a mouthful off fat Brian in the Dog & Duck as Gerken's picking their 4th out of his net would probably be enough for me to want to kick him in the c0ck. I'm not risking it, I'm not confident enough of a good result.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 16:30]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 5427 viewsReuser_is_God

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 by Kieran_Knows

Try telling that to the Police.

Well indeed.

Evans out

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:30 - Jan 16 with 5416 viewsReuser_is_God

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:29 - Jan 16 by clive_baker

Good point well made. I'm not fearful per se, but even getting a mouthful off fat Brian in the Dog & Duck as Gerken's picking their 4th out of his net would probably be enough for me to want to kick him in the c0ck. I'm not risking it, I'm not confident enough of a good result.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to watch it in a pub full of Norwich purely through fear of getting extremely wound up.

Evans out

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 5399 viewsReuser_is_God

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:28 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

There's plenty of pubs in Norwich where I'd feel safe watching the game as a Town fan.

Yeah, all of them because literally nothing would happen.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 5238 viewsBurwell_Blue

One would assume you are a grown man and as such will not have your face painted and your hair blue.

So, just walk into any pub you like and order a pint.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:01 - Jan 16 with 5176 viewsernie

Any idea of the pubs you are thinking of ? I am going to be in Norwich on the day and would rather have a few town fans about than be stuck with all the inbreds
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:06 - Jan 16 with 5149 viewsThe_Major

20 years ago, I was in the Trowel and Hammer near the old hospital watching us sticking six past Swindon on Sky.

I greeted each goal with a muted nod of approval akin to how one would react if asked if they'd like a cup of tea.

Plus, it did help that the market twins were also there and greeting each throw in won as if we were holding aloft the European Cup, so any irritation (of which, to be fair, there was none) would be directed to them.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 5136 viewsLord_Lucan

If you don't go round giving it large you would struggle to have a problem in any Norwich pub at all.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:33 - Jan 16 with 5021 viewscaught-in-limbo

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:09 - Jan 16 by Lord_Lucan

If you don't go round giving it large you would struggle to have a problem in any Norwich pub at all.

Isn't your personal safety just a question of remembering to ask for a Goostship rather than a Ghostship?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 4848 viewsbritbiker

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:31 - Jan 16 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, all of them because literally nothing would happen.

You say that but didn't the hardcore from Nodge 'take' the Station Hotel a couple of seasons ago (despite it being their designated pub for that day).

Please also remember in order to fit in a six fingered glove would probably be sufficient.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:21 - Jan 16 with 4837 viewsTouchofNouble

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:33 - Jan 16 by caught-in-limbo

Isn't your personal safety just a question of remembering to ask for a Goostship rather than a Ghostship?

''Hello, Oi'd loike a point of bear!''
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:23 - Jan 16 with 4824 viewsfactual_blue

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:21 - Jan 16 by TouchofNouble

''Hello, Oi'd loike a point of bear!''

Or, more accurately

''Hello, sistur, Oi'd loike a point of bear!''

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:49 - Jan 16 with 4712 viewsWD19

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:29 - Jan 16 by clive_baker

Bart will be in goal.

Gerken is going to get dropped after the warm up via a message delivered by carrier pigeon.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 18:53 - Jan 16 with 4696 viewsNBVJohn

Be reasonably discreet, avoid creating jealousy by chatting up anyone’s sister and you’ll be fine.

I watched Ipswich trounce Barnsley (I think) in some nasty pub near the market (it was called ‘Refreshers’). Must be over 20 years ago because I’ve not set foot in Narwich this millennium. The beer was awful, the company worse but the result was sweet as I recall. Christ knows how I ended up watching it there.

It was fine until the last goal went in and my previously calm and considered demeanour went out of the window. Even then it was just some youth in Sports wear giving me abuse.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 19:08 - Jan 16 with 4626 viewsBenters2

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 16:26 - Jan 16 by MrTown

Wouldn't bother, hopefully get the fanzone open!!

Id rather go to a pub in Norwich tbh.

da fanzone is full of HCs.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 19:21 - Jan 16 with 4552 viewsSpruceMoose

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 19:08 - Jan 16 by Benters2

Id rather go to a pub in Norwich tbh.

da fanzone is full of HCs.

I guess it's no place for a diehard 'five games a season when I get a free ticket off Taxi' type like yourself eh!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 20:25 - Jan 16 with 4343 viewsFenoit

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:01 - Jan 16 by ernie

Any idea of the pubs you are thinking of ? I am going to be in Norwich on the day and would rather have a few town fans about than be stuck with all the inbreds

I'd try The Plasterers. Great beer. Just have to not be a complete chode, enjoy the match, don't be silly.
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 20:56 - Jan 16 with 4262 views3_5_2

wear a false finger on each hand and they will assume you are "one of them"

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 22:16 - Jan 16 with 4059 viewsGogs

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 20:25 - Jan 16 by Fenoit

I'd try The Plasterers. Great beer. Just have to not be a complete chode, enjoy the match, don't be silly.

there are loads of decent pubs in Norwich, I go up there about 4 or 5 times a year on the beers, I never hide the fact I'm from Ipswich and a Town fan, never had any more than a bit of a leg-pull off anyone ever. If you behave yourself there's really no reason why it'd be any other way. Their nobhead element will be at Carrot Rud anyway, surely?
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 22:49 - Jan 16 with 3978 viewsstonojnr

One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 17:33 - Jan 16 by caught-in-limbo

when Adnams were our drinks sponsor, there were pubs in Norwich and Norfolk who dropped Adnams beer, refused to sell it, because it had links to town, Im not sure its ever quite recovered, unless you are in the Rumsey wells Id ask for "punt o worry bor" instead to be safe
One of my mates lives in Norwich city centre on 23:20 - Jan 16 with 3914 viewswkj

You wouldn't think so by the way Norwich are handling tickets

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024