Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight 20:26 - Jan 16 with 5022 viewsDubtractor

If only we'd kept him eh?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:56 - Jan 16 with 1447 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

He wanted to go. Pity his replacements were rubbish. Move on..

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 23:06 - Jan 16 with 1436 viewsChampionship

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:34 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

1 assist all season though? A very small cog?

He keeps getting picked and you see the players Lampard leaves out for him.

Every heard of the phrase big fish in a small pond? He was vital for us. He's less vital for them but still important. Comparing him to Jackson is just funny.
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 23:21 - Jan 16 with 1422 viewspatrickswell

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:21 - Jan 16 by Melford

I wonder what went on there, because it was quite well documented at the time that he had moved/was planning to his family down here. He seemed to be settling in until Mick went, I don't buy the BS that Hurst was talking about they had to sell him because he'd be so pissed off about not getting a move he wouldn't put a shift in for us. I think that was utter crap and a smear on Waghorn because I don't see him as the type who would do a van Hooijdonk, he would have got his head down and played like the pro he is. Like McGoldrick did after we told Leicester to do one.

I reckon he must have had a barney with Hurst early doors and thought ***k this and rung his agent. Or Hurst was told sell before you can buy and decided that he was the most saleable asset in the squad to get £££ in and bombed him out.

Hurst almost showed a trace of self awareness in that recent interview when he said how difficult it was for Jackson and Harrison to adjust to the Championship without the experience of the likes of Waghorn and Garner around. Hindsight is 20/20 when you’ve fcked both a football club and your own career prospects, isn’t it, Paul?
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 00:18 - Jan 17 with 1396 viewsArthur_Hayes_tash

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

Just equalised too.

So depressing watching Waggy, Lawro and Marro doing so well for Derby. Should’ve been us.

I'm obviously not the only one thinking 'what might have been' with a little more ambition and investment
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 06:09 - Jan 17 with 1346 viewsbrogansnose

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:21 - Jan 16 by Melford

I wonder what went on there, because it was quite well documented at the time that he had moved/was planning to his family down here. He seemed to be settling in until Mick went, I don't buy the BS that Hurst was talking about they had to sell him because he'd be so pissed off about not getting a move he wouldn't put a shift in for us. I think that was utter crap and a smear on Waghorn because I don't see him as the type who would do a van Hooijdonk, he would have got his head down and played like the pro he is. Like McGoldrick did after we told Leicester to do one.

I reckon he must have had a barney with Hurst early doors and thought ***k this and rung his agent. Or Hurst was told sell before you can buy and decided that he was the most saleable asset in the squad to get £££ in and bombed him out.

Totally agree. The 'evidence' that he wanted to leave came from posters on here assuming that he'd had his head turned. We'll probably never know for sure but the club could have given him the McG wages because he was so key to us but no, Hurst took the money to downgrade accross the team. Chuff me, didn't the club put a price of £8 million on him and then we sold him for £5 if certain criteria was met. Absolutely shocking piece of stupid business.

Oh, and let's not forget that Evans is actually on record as saying that he was surprised that there had been so many changes and went out himself to secure the loan of Walters because he thought we were light up top.
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 08:32 - Jan 17 with 1297 viewschicoazul

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 06:09 - Jan 17 by brogansnose

Totally agree. The 'evidence' that he wanted to leave came from posters on here assuming that he'd had his head turned. We'll probably never know for sure but the club could have given him the McG wages because he was so key to us but no, Hurst took the money to downgrade accross the team. Chuff me, didn't the club put a price of £8 million on him and then we sold him for £5 if certain criteria was met. Absolutely shocking piece of stupid business.

Oh, and let's not forget that Evans is actually on record as saying that he was surprised that there had been so many changes and went out himself to secure the loan of Walters because he thought we were light up top.

To be fair the very few posters on here that are clearly ITK all said the same thing about Waghorn; he couldnt/didnt want to work with Hurst.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 09:15 - Jan 17 with 1277 viewsbraveblue

Ask Evans
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 15:57 - Jan 17 with 1242 viewsartsbossbeard

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 08:32 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

To be fair the very few posters on here that are clearly ITK all said the same thing about Waghorn; he couldnt/didnt want to work with Hurst.

A benters-esque "This".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 15:59 - Jan 17 with 1237 viewsNo9

Do you think so?
OK in patches but that was due to the support the Derby midfiedl provided & then I didn't think he sparkled
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 16:58 - Jan 17 with 1207 viewsstrikalite

At the time selling Murphy was worse, that was for pittance, with no replacement is still unforgivable..

Typical Town..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024