Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight 20:26 - Jan 16 with 5027 viewsDubtractor

If only we'd kept him eh?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 20:33 - Jan 16 with 3546 viewsjeera

Don't Dubbers.

The moment I heard his name I reached for the remote and switched channels.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 3479 viewsElderGrizzly

So good he has scored 2 goals all season. 1 fewer than Jackson

Edit: for clarity, league goals...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:31]
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:18 - Jan 16 with 3465 viewsm14_blue

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:15 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

He is good though isn't he?
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:22 - Jan 16 with 3449 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah. It's totally like we haven't missed him this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:25 - Jan 16 with 3441 viewsDubtractor

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:22 - Jan 16 by BlueBadger

Yeah. It's totally like we haven't missed him this season.

Jackson has 100% been an upgrade.

Hang on. He just scored, so now he is as good as Jackson after all.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:27]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 3419 viewsChampionship

At Derby he's a cog in the wheel rather than the whole wheel.

Class player.
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 3414 viewsSuperfrans

Just equalised too.

So depressing watching Waggy, Lawro and Marro doing so well for Derby. Should’ve been us.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 3412 viewsgt81

Speak of the devil, belting header
Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 3408 viewsScuzzer

And has just scored the equaliser.

Established 1968

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:29 - Jan 16 with 3392 viewsSitfcB

They just said on the commentary that that was his 5th of the season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:30 - Jan 16 with 3378 viewstimmy2guns

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 by Scuzzer

And has just scored the equaliser.

You can see the class in difference between us and derby tonight - the championship is definitely
Getting stronger
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:30 - Jan 16 with 3373 viewsElderGrizzly

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:25 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

Jackson has 100% been an upgrade.

Hang on. He just scored, so now he is as good as Jackson after all.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 21:27]

Still 2 league goals vs 3 for Jackson.

I’m clearly being facetious, but just comparing their league return this season given the outlay for both
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:31 - Jan 16 with 3365 viewsElderGrizzly

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:29 - Jan 16 by SitfcB

They just said on the commentary that that was his 5th of the season.

League goals sir.

We all know the cup doesn’t count :)
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:31 - Jan 16 with 3364 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

LOL

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:32 - Jan 16 with 3352 viewsElderGrizzly

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:31 - Jan 16 by The_Romford_Blue

LOL

So LOL he still has scored one fewer league goals than Jackson :)
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 3348 viewsFenoit

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

Just equalised too.

So depressing watching Waggy, Lawro and Marro doing so well for Derby. Should’ve been us.

You're taking the pee with them nicknames, surely?
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 3347 viewsElderGrizzly

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:18 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

He is good though isn't he?

Absolutely, not saying he isn’t.

I’d just expect more than 2 goals in the league for a £5m striker
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 3339 viewsElderGrizzly

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:27 - Jan 16 by Championship

At Derby he's a cog in the wheel rather than the whole wheel.

Class player.

1 assist all season though? A very small cog?
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:35 - Jan 16 with 3324 viewsm14_blue

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:33 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

Absolutely, not saying he isn’t.

I’d just expect more than 2 goals in the league for a £5m striker

Fair enough, I'm sure he's frustrated not to have had a few more.

His link up play has been excellent today though, he holds up the ball and lays it off so well, exactly what we so desperately lack up front (as well as goals obviously).
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:46 - Jan 16 with 3274 viewsHarry_Palmer

Yeah, didn't fit into the PH system or something like that, well not in the way that Jackson did obviously.

Has anybody ever managed to work out what that system actually was yet?
Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:47 - Jan 16 with 3267 viewsAshFinland

Well yeah. But it wasn't really our choice though, was it? It is fairly well documented from both sides that he wanted to leave.

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of."

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:53 - Jan 16 with 3222 viewsVic

Makes you realise what we’re missing. As if we need r3minding!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:21 - Jan 16 with 3150 viewsMelford

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:47 - Jan 16 by AshFinland

Well yeah. But it wasn't really our choice though, was it? It is fairly well documented from both sides that he wanted to leave.

I wonder what went on there, because it was quite well documented at the time that he had moved/was planning to his family down here. He seemed to be settling in until Mick went, I don't buy the BS that Hurst was talking about they had to sell him because he'd be so pissed off about not getting a move he wouldn't put a shift in for us. I think that was utter crap and a smear on Waghorn because I don't see him as the type who would do a van Hooijdonk, he would have got his head down and played like the pro he is. Like McGoldrick did after we told Leicester to do one.

I reckon he must have had a barney with Hurst early doors and thought ***k this and rung his agent. Or Hurst was told sell before you can buy and decided that he was the most saleable asset in the squad to get £££ in and bombed him out.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:47 - Jan 16 with 3065 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 21:32 - Jan 16 by ElderGrizzly

So LOL he still has scored one fewer league goals than Jackson :)

Naa it’s just funny you trying to compare Jackson and Waggy in the same sentence.

If we had kept waggy, rather than cashing in as per, we’d be absolutely fine right now. I did say selling him was utterly ridiculous and short sighted but what do I know?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:54 - Jan 16 with 3047 viewsChurchman

Waghorn looking very good for Derby tonight on 22:21 - Jan 16 by Melford

I wonder what went on there, because it was quite well documented at the time that he had moved/was planning to his family down here. He seemed to be settling in until Mick went, I don't buy the BS that Hurst was talking about they had to sell him because he'd be so pissed off about not getting a move he wouldn't put a shift in for us. I think that was utter crap and a smear on Waghorn because I don't see him as the type who would do a van Hooijdonk, he would have got his head down and played like the pro he is. Like McGoldrick did after we told Leicester to do one.

I reckon he must have had a barney with Hurst early doors and thought ***k this and rung his agent. Or Hurst was told sell before you can buy and decided that he was the most saleable asset in the squad to get £££ in and bombed him out.

Regardless of stats or what happened with Hurst, Waghorn and indeed Lawrence and Marriott are way too good for us. As a much smaller club, we are competing at a much lower level these days sadly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024