Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open letter from Lambert to fans. 07:10 - Jan 17 with 29284 viewsReuser_is_God

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-manager-paul-lambert-open-letter-1-585

Superb.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:18 - Jan 17 with 12179 viewschristiand

Nice touch by the Gaffer. ME and PL should sit down and set out a plan for the club over the next 3-4 years and start getting things in place. PL can help ME 'bridge the gap', if ME is prepared to listen.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:23 - Jan 17 with 12141 viewsKieran_Knows

He continues to ‘get it’.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:38 - Jan 17 with 12014 viewsDanTheMan

Brilliant letter.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:45 - Jan 17 with 11963 viewsgainsboroughblue

We cannot afford to lose this man. Best thing to happen to our club since....actually I don't know. The club feels more united than it has been in years. I hope Evans is taking this all on board too, and maybe his decision to be more 'hands on' was inspired by how much PL has bought into ITFC.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 7:47]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:48 - Jan 17 with 11937 viewsDeano69

Class.

If this doesn’t rouse support, nothing will.

Let’s be that twelfth man, lets make that difference particularly at home, lets come together and unite as club and fans and give ourselves every chance while our destiny is in our hands. That way when the season is done one way or the other we can say ‘we gave our best, we did our bit’

COYB’s. Ipswich ‘til I die.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:50 - Jan 17 with 11905 viewsBenters2

Great stuff.

It was a very enjoyable day Saturday.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:03 - Jan 17 with 11810 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 07:50 - Jan 17 by Benters2

Great stuff.

It was a very enjoyable day Saturday.

I make him right.

Poll: Best Football Song

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:05 - Jan 17 with 11791 viewsBiGDonnie

Absolutely love that.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:07 - Jan 17 with 11775 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He's good at this isn't he!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:12 - Jan 17 with 11730 viewsGarv

*Wonders what other songs we can get him to learn the words to*

Brilliant.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:14 - Jan 17 with 11717 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This is a 'payback' for all this crap from the ITFC manager we had to endure in the last couple of seasons.

We cannot afford to lose Lambert even if in League One next season. The man with the class, very good manners and respect for our club and fans.

We are so blessed to have him.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:15 - Jan 17 with 11711 viewsm14_blue

Great stuff.

Fantastic work from blue action too, this hasn’t happened purely by chance, there’s people that have put a lot of hard work in and are now seeing it come to fruition.

COYB
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:19 - Jan 17 with 11679 viewsitfcjoe

Could you imagine Mick writing this.

I think manager wise we all have got 'What we wished for', just such a shame it took Hurst decimating the squad the first year without a loan window for that to happen and we are now more likely than not to go down!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:27 - Jan 17 with 11628 viewsKieran_Knows

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:19 - Jan 17 by itfcjoe

Could you imagine Mick writing this.

I think manager wise we all have got 'What we wished for', just such a shame it took Hurst decimating the squad the first year without a loan window for that to happen and we are now more likely than not to go down!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:34 - Jan 17 with 11581 viewsxrayspecs

If he wrote it. Could have been prepared for him to sign by Comms team
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:44 - Jan 17 with 11492 viewsZedRodgers

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:34 - Jan 17 by xrayspecs

It features his catchphrases "It's no normal" and "Only one team-in-the-town".

I think he wrote it. Top fella.

No, not at the moment

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:45 - Jan 17 with 11491 viewsBlueySwede

Nice letter from Lambert. I do believe we have a good manager in place and I hope he will stay for a few years.
Regarding continued (and enthusiastic) support this season, I believe that we need six points from the next three games. If we would drift to ten points away from safety at this stage of the season, I think most of us would realise that it´s League 1 next season.
COYB!
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 08:47 - Jan 17 with 11474 viewsm14_blue

When have our comms team ever shown anything even close to the understanding of the fanbase that comes across in this letter?

He wrote it, or at the very least dictated the sentiment.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 11390 viewsGuthrum

To a large extent, it doesn't matter.

The voice is authentic, being similar in style and content to things he has been saying (e.g. in broadcast interviews and press conferences) since he got here. It is endorsed by Lambert, having signed the letter and handed it over in person.

Most importantly, it is in line with a coherent and consistent policy to (re)build bridges with the fanbase, keep up morale and ensure maximum possible support in a tough battle to stay up.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:03]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:14 - Jan 17 with 11286 viewsbraveblue

Very impressive. None of our previous recent managers would have come close to this. He just gets it.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:14 - Jan 17 with 11287 viewsnoggin

That actually brought a tear to my eye. I hope this growing support continues, after all, we the supporters have a job to do here. I will be over for the Stoke game and will do my bit for that game. COYB.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:15 - Jan 17 with 11276 viewsWhymarkmariner

Thank you fans, No, thank you Mr Lambert. This is, despite our current precarious position the closest the club and fans have been for years. Some may say that this rousing of the fans by PL is just a PR exercise. But if you went into a shop what would you prefer ? an assistant that's sullen and downright rude or one that serves you with a smile and is polite and helpful. If you prefer the former then you should probably be on the police data base.
Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:55 - Jan 17 with 11018 viewsSomethingBlue

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 09:02 - Jan 17 by Guthrum

To a large extent, it doesn't matter.

The voice is authentic, being similar in style and content to things he has been saying (e.g. in broadcast interviews and press conferences) since he got here. It is endorsed by Lambert, having signed the letter and handed it over in person.

Most importantly, it is in line with a coherent and consistent policy to (re)build bridges with the fanbase, keep up morale and ensure maximum possible support in a tough battle to stay up.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:03]

He'll have given an interview to someone from club comms and they'll have written it up. I would imagine it was his idea. Excellent stuff all round, he really is a class act.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 10:32 - Jan 17 with 10766 viewsFifeITFC

I wasn't sure what to make of PL's appointment after hearing negativity from many people.

We may go down, but I don't think we can attribute too much to him. But what he's done has been first class and is making great strides to reunite this club.

I can't think of many managers who'd engage with previous players and legends from the club's history in the way he has. He gets the importance of the fans (unlike MM and PH) and if we do go down, I have every confidence that he is the man to bring us back up.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 10:52 - Jan 17 with 10607 viewsdavblue

Open letter from Lambert to fans. on 10:32 - Jan 17 by FifeITFC

I wasn't sure what to make of PL's appointment after hearing negativity from many people.

We may go down, but I don't think we can attribute too much to him. But what he's done has been first class and is making great strides to reunite this club.

I can't think of many managers who'd engage with previous players and legends from the club's history in the way he has. He gets the importance of the fans (unlike MM and PH) and if we do go down, I have every confidence that he is the man to bring us back up.

Off the pitch he's been top drawer.

On it he's been hamstrung by the players, im excited to see what he can do over the next 4 and a half months, whether we stay up or not.

I think we will have a better end to the season than start for sure or hope anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024