Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit 11:42 - Jan 17 with 2817 viewsSmithy

Please tell me how both is possible, as much as I hate the Tories, Corbyn really is a prat and is acting like a child.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 11:53 - Jan 17 with 2782 viewschicoazul

I enjoy the fact he has alluded to putting more motions of no confidence in the Govt before Parliament. Havent we already decided that one last night, Jez? Didnt we already have that vote?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 11:58 - Jan 17 with 2754 viewsHerbivore

He doesn't want a no deal Brexit, quite the opposite in fact.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:01 - Jan 17 with 2740 viewsZedRodgers

He wants a no deal brexit?

No, not at the moment

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:01 - Jan 17 with 2733 viewsParmigiano

I'm certainly no fan of his but I'm pretty sure a no-deal Brexit is precisely what he doesn't want.

He said last night he wouldn't meet May until she guaranteed no deal was off the table.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 12:02]
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:02 - Jan 17 with 2730 viewsSwansea_Blue

He wants May to take No Deal off the table, so quite the opposite. He is a prat though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:06 - Jan 17 with 2711 viewsTractorWood

The public and house of commons have repeatedly remubled his contrarian and naïve approach to everything. The prospect of him near government has served to strengthen one of the least popular PMs in recent history, at key times. That's not a good opposition.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:09 - Jan 17 with 2686 viewsHerbivore

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:06 - Jan 17 by TractorWood

The public and house of commons have repeatedly remubled his contrarian and naïve approach to everything. The prospect of him near government has served to strengthen one of the least popular PMs in recent history, at key times. That's not a good opposition.

He's the ITFC of politics. Weak on defense, toothless in attack, virtually pointless, but inexplicably well-supported by a relatively large minority.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:17 - Jan 17 with 2662 viewsfloridaboy

Why are so many of Labour MPs so scared to speak against the man. Appreciate there is the threat of de selection to many but there have been a few this morning saying he should at least give the PM time. If he is so scared then send Keir Starmer or Tom Watson.

But if all the other parties are prepared to talk then why not him.

What is the man scared of!!
Login to get fewer ads

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 2639 viewsCoachRob

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:06 - Jan 17 by TractorWood

So he takes a stance against neo-liberalism and imperialism and this is considered bad opposition. In your opinion he should sign up to a failed dogma that many who helped construct are now coming out against.

Olivier Blanchard (formerly IMF) has come out against government debt nonsense pedalled by Rogoff and spouted by out of date Tory ideologs. May is still talking negatively about Labour's investment plan whilst leading economists are fleeing from her position.
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:25 - Jan 17 with 2628 viewsxrayspecs

He wants to take no-deal off the table. Herein lies the problem.

That can only happen if:

Parliament accepts the withdrawal agreement +/- any tweaks the EU will now permit

or

The UK cancels A50.

There are no other options.

May is hardly going to agree to his proposal now, is she?
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:27 - Jan 17 with 2608 viewsfactual_blue

The first duty of Her Majesty' Loyal Opposition is to be contrarian.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:27 - Jan 17 with 2605 viewsVic

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:09 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

He's the ITFC of politics. Weak on defense, toothless in attack, virtually pointless, but inexplicably well-supported by a relatively large minority.

POTD

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:46 - Jan 17 with 2555 viewsTractorWood

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:21 - Jan 17 by CoachRob

So he takes a stance against neo-liberalism and imperialism and this is considered bad opposition. In your opinion he should sign up to a failed dogma that many who helped construct are now coming out against.

Olivier Blanchard (formerly IMF) has come out against government debt nonsense pedalled by Rogoff and spouted by out of date Tory ideologs. May is still talking negatively about Labour's investment plan whilst leading economists are fleeing from her position.

Labour invest in services and infrastructure, Tories prioritise low tax and a self serving economy. This is not news.

There are beneficiaries and losers under both models. The country favours the former under the current respective leaders, as corroborated by the last two elections. The second labour get a leader and rheotric that even slightly appeals to the masses beyond the normal, boring class divisions with some economic creditbility, they'll romp the next election.

It's the inevitable cycle of our politics but labour need to go and get it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:49 - Jan 17 with 2536 viewsfloridaboy

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:46 - Jan 17 by TractorWood

Labour invest in services and infrastructure, Tories prioritise low tax and a self serving economy. This is not news.

There are beneficiaries and losers under both models. The country favours the former under the current respective leaders, as corroborated by the last two elections. The second labour get a leader and rheotric that even slightly appeals to the masses beyond the normal, boring class divisions with some economic creditbility, they'll romp the next election.

It's the inevitable cycle of our politics but labour need to go and get it.

Not with this leader they wont!
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:51 - Jan 17 with 2427 viewsuefacup81

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 11:53 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

I enjoy the fact he has alluded to putting more motions of no confidence in the Govt before Parliament. Havent we already decided that one last night, Jez? Didnt we already have that vote?

I'd imagine (and hope) that that particular threat is only to be used if May's 'constructive talks' turn out to be precisely the same as her last round of constructive talks.

She needs to sit down and work on a compromise, rather than trying to win people over to her way of thinking.

If she gets the various opposition parties into a room and just tries to sell her deal to them once again, then I'd fully back another motion of no confidence, given that last night's was lost based on promises of compromise.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:51 - Jan 17 with 2423 viewsStokieBlue

You've gotten a bit muddled here.

Yes JC is acting like a child not speaking to the PM, however he doesn't want a no-deal brexit. He actually wants the unicorn deal whereby we are in the customs union and single market but we don't have to accept EU rules on freedom of movement.

At present there is no viable deal being proposed by any of the leaders. At the moment it's realistically remain or no-deal.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:53 - Jan 17 with 2417 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:51 - Jan 17 by uefacup81

I'd imagine (and hope) that that particular threat is only to be used if May's 'constructive talks' turn out to be precisely the same as her last round of constructive talks.

She needs to sit down and work on a compromise, rather than trying to win people over to her way of thinking.

If she gets the various opposition parties into a room and just tries to sell her deal to them once again, then I'd fully back another motion of no confidence, given that last night's was lost based on promises of compromise.

This lady is not for turning!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 2394 viewsNo9

Where did you read the opposition don't want a 'no deal' brexit?
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 14:06 - Jan 17 with 2373 viewsPilgrimblue

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:51 - Jan 17 by uefacup81

No it wasn't. It was lost because Tories can out vote rest.
Whoever sits down with PM will soon realise that this was EU terms not hers!
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 14:16 - Jan 17 with 2350 viewsNo9

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 13:51 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

You've gotten a bit muddled here.

Yes JC is acting like a child not speaking to the PM, however he doesn't want a no-deal brexit. He actually wants the unicorn deal whereby we are in the customs union and single market but we don't have to accept EU rules on freedom of movement.

At present there is no viable deal being proposed by any of the leaders. At the moment it's realistically remain or no-deal.

SB

Did you hear any of the late night stuff yesterday?
Sounds like get the 'no deal' off the table is in the ascendancy

That looks confirmed by the brexiteers reportedly forming a break-away group to ask the EU for a 1 year extension and for the EU to hep ina 'managed brexit' scenario-?
& you think Corbyn is deluded?
So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 14:48 - Jan 17 with 2291 viewsBlueBadger

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 12:27 - Jan 17 by factual_blue

The first duty of Her Majesty' Loyal Opposition is to be contrarian.

..and also competent.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 14:50 - Jan 17 with 2284 viewsNo9

So Corbyn wants a general election but also a no-deal brexit on 14:06 - Jan 17 by Pilgrimblue

No it wasn't. It was lost because Tories can out vote rest.
Whoever sits down with PM will soon realise that this was EU terms not hers!

Er, the Uk wants to leave, don't forget that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024