Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Advantage" to second half of the season? 12:21 - Jan 17 with 852 viewschfsittingbell

I've been thinking that as we have now played everybody, we will know what to roughly expect from most teams when we play them for the second time (clearly not to the degree of Bielsa though!). This should hopefully help us going forward and give a small advantage to us in the 2nd half of the season. However due to PL replacing PH, new players and tactics etc, the opposition will be playing a pretty much different team from their first encounter. Clearly i'm grasping at straws and looking for any shed of hope that we'll pick up some wins but wondered if anybody else had a far fetched notion that they were clinging on to?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 12:22]
"Advantage" to second half of the season? on 12:39 - Jan 17 with 769 viewsGarv

Now Lambert has his players it's fair to assume we will be a lot more competitive. If we can make up the 7 or 8 points to safety and then struggle through and just be no worse than 3 teams then we can do it. Imagine it will go to the wire either way.

Depends on Keane and Quaner scoring goals I think. Judge on set pieces should help no end too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

"Advantage" to second half of the season? on 12:46 - Jan 17 with 746 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm sure there's an element of that.

I certainly think we could see a very different second half of the season. It's hard to think of many sides who recruit extensively but leave so many gaps in the team. So we combined the upheaval of a largely new squad with now being fatally lacking in certain departments - quality, size and strength in attack, leadership and control in defence and arguably creativity in midfield (although that would be partially resolved by getting Bishop, Huws and Dozzell up to speed but good to have Judge now as well).

I'll be gobsmacked if we don't get a lot more points now. Possibly/probably not enough though.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Advantage" to second half of the season? on 12:49 - Jan 17 with 723 viewsIpswichKnight

"Advantage" to second half of the season? on 12:39 - Jan 17 by Garv

Now Lambert has his players it's fair to assume we will be a lot more competitive. If we can make up the 7 or 8 points to safety and then struggle through and just be no worse than 3 teams then we can do it. Imagine it will go to the wire either way.

Depends on Keane and Quaner scoring goals I think. Judge on set pieces should help no end too.

Any help on our set pieces has to be a positive, they have for been absolutely rubbish all season, we've probably given more goals away from counter attacks from our own set pieces than we have actually scored!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024