Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' 15:30 - Jan 17 with 11148 viewsclive_baker

re. Knudsen.

But he played for Denmark, how can this be?

Lol.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 1858 viewsLankHenners

on 19:45 - Jan 17 by _

It's alright, you don't see anything beyond your own opinion which you choose to take as fact, even if two things contradict each other, so it's not worth my time. The post was for the benefit of others.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 1854 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:47 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Just to save folks clicking between threads. Draw your own conclusions!

"You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc."

"If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views. "

"In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

It absolutely amazes me how many people still claim he's our best player and w@nk themselves into a coma every time he does a bit of close control or a step over.

I'd love to see rid of him and see the resources pumped into him put into a striker who can play more than 50% of the games and get at least 10 goals a season."
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 19:48]

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 1841 viewsSpruceMoose

on 19:50 - Jan 17 by _

I wasn't passing judgement. I was just providing the relevant materials in one thread.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 19:52 - Jan 17 with 1830 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:49 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

It's alright, you don't see anything beyond your own opinion which you choose to take as fact, even if two things contradict each other, so it's not worth my time. The post was for the benefit of others.

on 19:53 - Jan 17 with 1823 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I wasn't passing judgement. I was just providing the relevant materials in one thread.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:55 - Jan 17 with 1817 viewsLankHenners

on 19:52 - Jan 17 by _

No you're not, you're just denying everything anyone says to you as usual and claiming everyone else is wrong.

"Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others." Lol.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 1811 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:55 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

No you're not, you're just denying everything anyone says to you as usual and claiming everyone else is wrong.

"Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others." Lol.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:00 - Jan 17 with 1801 viewsSpruceMoose

on 19:53 - Jan 17 by _

Well as you asked...

ChrisSwailes said: "You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc. "

You said: "If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views."

LankHenners provided a post where you said "In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

It absolutely amazes me how many people still claim he's our best player and w@nk themselves into a coma every time he does a bit of close control or a step over.

I'd love to see rid of him and see the resources pumped into him put into a striker who can play more than 50% of the games and get at least 10 goals a season."

Seems like a case of you asking for evidence, and evidence being provided. Not sure what everyone is disagreeing about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 20:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:03 - Jan 17 with 1795 viewsJakeITFC

on 19:43 - Jan 17 by _

I think your opinions on players are overly polarised and lose their impact because of it.

McGoldrick is a good player, Knudsen isn’t a bad one, there are plenty of reasons why Bishop isn’t playing 90 minutes every week and Donacien isn’t a donkey.

When these opinions are stated with such confidence and regularity, it can grate on people who don’t agree with them.

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just saying why I’ve picked up on your McGoldrick stuff in this thread.
on 20:07 - Jan 17 with 1790 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:00 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Well as you asked...

ChrisSwailes said: "You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc. "

You said: "If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views."

LankHenners provided a post where you said "In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

Seems like a case of you asking for evidence, and evidence being provided. Not sure what everyone is disagreeing about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 20:02]

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:10 - Jan 17 with 1781 viewsSpruceMoose

on 20:07 - Jan 17 by _

I'm just really confused as to what people are getting bent out of shape about now. Come on, kiss and make up before I knock all your heads together.

on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 1781 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:03 - Jan 17 by JakeITFC

I think your opinions on players are overly polarised and lose their impact because of it.

McGoldrick is a good player, Knudsen isn’t a bad one, there are plenty of reasons why Bishop isn’t playing 90 minutes every week and Donacien isn’t a donkey.

When these opinions are stated with such confidence and regularity, it can grate on people who don’t agree with them.

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just saying why I’ve picked up on your McGoldrick stuff in this thread.

on 20:12 - Jan 17 with 1778 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:10 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm just really confused as to what people are getting bent out of shape about now. Come on, kiss and make up before I knock all your heads together.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 1774 viewshorsehollerer

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 15:48 - Jan 17 by BiGDonnie

Brilliant. The whole situation made a few on here look very silly.

He'll sign for Barcelona now I've posted this.

Wait, who on here looks silly and why?

IMO, the people who look the silliest are the ones who abused him because he said nice things about MM, and who sometimes seem more interested in JK's failure than in Town's resurgence.

I'm not the biggest Jonas fan (I much prefer Kenlock and Elder) but he always gave his all, however much or little that amounted to. And like it or not, almost 10% of our league goals this season (i.e. 2!) have come from his long throws.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:29 - Jan 17 with 1752 viewsKieran_Knows

Well this thread escalated rather quickly.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 20:34 - Jan 17 with 1743 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:29 - Jan 17 by Kieran_Knows

Well this thread escalated rather quickly.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 1692 viewsMullet

This whole thread is proper weird.

We signed the bloke for £300k, in today's money he's worth what £2m or so all told? He's been improved massively by Mick and Lambert is clearly pissed off to lose him as an asset.

Regardless of whether people rate him or not, two managers and Paul Hurst clearly did and so did their contemporaries. The idea we're just pissing that money away along with Donacien, and the other £4m or so shelled out this summer is almost as scandalous as our position.

I worry we're going to get so complacent because Lambert is saying and doing all that he can, that Evans will just slip back to the previous 10 years' median habits and we'll bumble along further for some time.

To me Jonas is the biggest indicator of that of all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 07:33 - Jan 18 with 1582 viewsRoyKeanesDog

on 20:34 - Jan 17 by _

Something is rotten in the state of our support for players from Denmark.

Poll: Best Football Song

on 08:17 - Jan 18 with 1554 views_

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 07:33 - Jan 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Something is rotten in the state of our support for players from Denmark.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 1542 viewsBluebell

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:05 - Jan 17 by RoyKeanesDog

I like him, one of our best players over the past few seasons.

No coincidence that it seems to be board Brexiters that dislike him IMHO.

This........

FWIW I like him and think he is a good player. He has been very passionate about playing for Ipswich. I love the way he is always the first to come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans.

Why do people feel it is ok to knock our players? A lot of them read this forum. Is it any wonder players want to leave?
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:53 - Jan 18 with 1523 viewsBiGDonnie

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:38 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

This........

FWIW I like him and think he is a good player. He has been very passionate about playing for Ipswich. I love the way he is always the first to come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans.

Why do people feel it is ok to knock our players? A lot of them read this forum. Is it any wonder players want to leave?

Who wants to leave, other than Knudsen?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024