Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' 15:30 - Jan 17 with 3568 viewsclive_baker

re. Knudsen.

But he played for Denmark, how can this be?

Lol.

Poll: Should Britain leave the Eurovision?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 563 viewsLankHenners

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:45 - Jan 17 by Libero

Cheers for that mate - So could someone highlight the disparity between what I was saying there and what I'm saying now? I might well be the idiot you all believe because I don't see it.

It's alright, you don't see anything beyond your own opinion which you choose to take as fact, even if two things contradict each other, so it's not worth my time. The post was for the benefit of others.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 559 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:47 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Just to save folks clicking between threads. Draw your own conclusions!

"You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc."

"If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views. "

"In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

It absolutely amazes me how many people still claim he's our best player and w@nk themselves into a coma every time he does a bit of close control or a step over.

I'd love to see rid of him and see the resources pumped into him put into a striker who can play more than 50% of the games and get at least 10 goals a season."
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:48]

Mate, read the wider context of the comments in that thread, it's exactly in line with what I'm saying in this one, is it not?

Where is the "revisionism" as was claimed? I'd say I've been consistent.

Championship winning Captain of Ipswich Yates Star Wars quiz 2018

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 546 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 by Libero

Mate, read the wider context of the comments in that thread, it's exactly in line with what I'm saying in this one, is it not?

Where is the "revisionism" as was claimed? I'd say I've been consistent.

I wasn't passing judgement. I was just providing the relevant materials in one thread.

Poll: Can you see this poll?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:52 - Jan 17 with 535 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:49 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

It's alright, you don't see anything beyond your own opinion which you choose to take as fact, even if two things contradict each other, so it's not worth my time. The post was for the benefit of others.

I mean, I'm trying to have an open and frank discussion with you about the subject right now?

Honestly the comments in that thread to me appear consistent with what I'm saying in this thread, if that's not the case I'd appreciate someone highlighted the difference and where the"revisionism" is.

Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:53 - Jan 17 with 528 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:50 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I wasn't passing judgement. I was just providing the relevant materials in one thread.

What's your view then bud? Is there a disparity between the comments in that thread and in this one?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:55 - Jan 17 with 522 viewsLankHenners

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:52 - Jan 17 by Libero

I mean, I'm trying to have an open and frank discussion with you about the subject right now?

Honestly the comments in that thread to me appear consistent with what I'm saying in this thread, if that's not the case I'd appreciate someone highlighted the difference and where the"revisionism" is.

Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others.

No you're not, you're just denying everything anyone says to you as usual and claiming everyone else is wrong.

"Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others." Lol.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 516 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:55 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

No you're not, you're just denying everything anyone says to you as usual and claiming everyone else is wrong.

"Your characterisation of me is off base, however I appreciate that's how I've clearly come across to you and others." Lol.

Okay mate, well I'm interested in discussing the alleged disparity between my comments in the thread provided and in this thread as like I say they seem pretty consistent to me.

I'm sorry you've read me in this way or that I've put myself across in that manner, it wasn't my intention. Appreciate what you've had to say despite differing views. All the best.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:00 - Jan 17 with 506 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:53 - Jan 17 by Libero

What's your view then bud? Is there a disparity between the comments in that thread and in this one?

Well as you asked...

ChrisSwailes said: "You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc. "

You said: "If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views."

LankHenners provided a post where you said "In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

It absolutely amazes me how many people still claim he's our best player and w@nk themselves into a coma every time he does a bit of close control or a step over.

I'd love to see rid of him and see the resources pumped into him put into a striker who can play more than 50% of the games and get at least 10 goals a season."

Seems like a case of you asking for evidence, and evidence being provided. Not sure what everyone is disagreeing about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 20:02]

Login to get fewer ads

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:03 - Jan 17 with 500 viewsJakeITFC

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:43 - Jan 17 by Libero

Obviously I don't know what specific interaction you're talking about but from memory I'd say the only mocking I'd do is when people would claim David was going to back us 10/14/20 goals a season.

Other than that I'd be reiterating my belief that he was overrated by our support for the reasons given, in a similar vein to the discussion piece you tried to recontextualise earlier about Teddy Bishop's development.

This conversation is becoming more and more diluted from the topic and appears to be focusing in on how I rate and judge players. While I'm flattered you and a few others clearly care so much about my judgements I must remind you that I'm a know nothing football supporter just like you, we've all got different views and I'm sorry that mine appears to have stuck with you in such a prominent manner that I've had to defend my historical judgements on a player or two to you.

I get it, you think i'm talking b0llocks, fair enough.

I think your opinions on players are overly polarised and lose their impact because of it.

McGoldrick is a good player, Knudsen isn’t a bad one, there are plenty of reasons why Bishop isn’t playing 90 minutes every week and Donacien isn’t a donkey.

When these opinions are stated with such confidence and regularity, it can grate on people who don’t agree with them.

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just saying why I’ve picked up on your McGoldrick stuff in this thread.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:07 - Jan 17 with 495 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:00 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Well as you asked...

ChrisSwailes said: "You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc. "

You said: "If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views."

LankHenners provided a post where you said "In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

Seems like a case of you asking for evidence, and evidence being provided. Not sure what everyone is disagreeing about.
[Post edited 17 Jan 20:02]

Thanks for the response, it's appreciated.

I think you've missed out a key point I made in the very same post you're quoting.

"I remember making a lot of tongue in cheek facetious comments about his step overs and close control, however this was usually backed up with the wider point that it was my belief that it was the beautiful aesthetic of his game that guarded him from criticism and masked his failings as a player. "

I never denied making the facetious/sarcastic/snide comments about step overs and close control. I did however offer the wider context as to why they were being offered, the post that was linked only reaffirms my point in my opinion as it offers the exact same explanation of my frustrations with McGoldrick if read in full.

Fully appreciated the evidence and subsequent responses, I just don't understand how in anyway the view expressed in the thread linked is in any way shape or form different to the view expressed in this thread. Ergo; no revisionism?

Either way like I said in ANOTHER post in this thread, this conversation is becoming more and more diluted from the topic and appears to be focusing in on how I rate and judge players.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:10 - Jan 17 with 486 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:07 - Jan 17 by Libero

Thanks for the response, it's appreciated.

I think you've missed out a key point I made in the very same post you're quoting.

"I remember making a lot of tongue in cheek facetious comments about his step overs and close control, however this was usually backed up with the wider point that it was my belief that it was the beautiful aesthetic of his game that guarded him from criticism and masked his failings as a player. "

I never denied making the facetious/sarcastic/snide comments about step overs and close control. I did however offer the wider context as to why they were being offered, the post that was linked only reaffirms my point in my opinion as it offers the exact same explanation of my frustrations with McGoldrick if read in full.

Fully appreciated the evidence and subsequent responses, I just don't understand how in anyway the view expressed in the thread linked is in any way shape or form different to the view expressed in this thread. Ergo; no revisionism?

Either way like I said in ANOTHER post in this thread, this conversation is becoming more and more diluted from the topic and appears to be focusing in on how I rate and judge players.

I'm just really confused as to what people are getting bent out of shape about now. Come on, kiss and make up before I knock all your heads together.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 486 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:03 - Jan 17 by JakeITFC

I think your opinions on players are overly polarised and lose their impact because of it.

McGoldrick is a good player, Knudsen isn’t a bad one, there are plenty of reasons why Bishop isn’t playing 90 minutes every week and Donacien isn’t a donkey.

When these opinions are stated with such confidence and regularity, it can grate on people who don’t agree with them.

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just saying why I’ve picked up on your McGoldrick stuff in this thread.

Yeah, you've said that before on here, again I appreciate the response.

Truth is I'm maybe not the best at putting myself across well. I enjoy making snarky/sarcastic/facetious jokes but at the same time I try and have sensible chats about the football. I understand how and why that could be misinterpreted and that it can/will/does mean people form certain stances on things I say.

Obviously I disagree on your assessments of McGoldrick and Knudsen, but that's football.
I agree there are plenty of reasons Bishop doesn't fulfil 90 minutes regularly (that doesn't change my view that if he can't complete a few 90 minute matches and play a have a strong influence I'd be hesitant about offering him a new deal) and my "Donkeycien" comment in the thread title I posted tonight was supposed to be a joke, although I do not rate his signing as a good piece of business.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:12 - Jan 17 with 483 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:10 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm just really confused as to what people are getting bent out of shape about now. Come on, kiss and make up before I knock all your heads together.

To be frank, me too. Jake offered a summary though which seems fair.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 479 viewshorsehollerer

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 15:48 - Jan 17 by Default_User

Brilliant. The whole situation made a few on here look very silly.

He'll sign for Barcelona now I've posted this.

Wait, who on here looks silly and why?

IMO, the people who look the silliest are the ones who abused him because he said nice things about MM, and who sometimes seem more interested in JK's failure than in Town's resurgence.

I'm not the biggest Jonas fan (I much prefer Kenlock and Elder) but he always gave his all, however much or little that amounted to. And like it or not, almost 10% of our league goals this season (i.e. 2!) have come from his long throws.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:29 - Jan 17 with 457 viewsPaul_Knows

Well this thread escalated rather quickly.

Poll: Need help here guys & girls..... you decide.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:34 - Jan 17 with 448 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:29 - Jan 17 by Paul_Knows

Well this thread escalated rather quickly.

...unlike Jonas Knudsen’s January transfer, wheyyyyy!

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 21:49 - Jan 17 with 397 viewsMullet

This whole thread is proper weird.

We signed the bloke for £300k, in today's money he's worth what £2m or so all told? He's been improved massively by Mick and Lambert is clearly pissed off to lose him as an asset.

Regardless of whether people rate him or not, two managers and Paul Hurst clearly did and so did their contemporaries. The idea we're just pissing that money away along with Donacien, and the other £4m or so shelled out this summer is almost as scandalous as our position.

I worry we're going to get so complacent because Lambert is saying and doing all that he can, that Evans will just slip back to the previous 10 years' median habits and we'll bumble along further for some time.

To me Jonas is the biggest indicator of that of all.

Poll: Would you like Ipswich to get promoted?
Blog: Show ME, How You Do That Trick

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 07:33 - Jan 18 with 287 viewsRoyKeanesDog

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 20:34 - Jan 17 by Libero

...unlike Jonas Knudsen’s January transfer, wheyyyyy!

Something is rotten in the state of our support for players from Denmark.

Poll: Best Football Song

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:17 - Jan 18 with 259 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 07:33 - Jan 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Something is rotten in the state of our support for players from Denmark.

I miss Thomas Gaardsoe </3

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 247 viewsBluebell

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:05 - Jan 17 by RoyKeanesDog

I like him, one of our best players over the past few seasons.

No coincidence that it seems to be board Brexiters that dislike him IMHO.

This........

FWIW I like him and think he is a good player. He has been very passionate about playing for Ipswich. I love the way he is always the first to come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans.

Why do people feel it is ok to knock our players? A lot of them read this forum. Is it any wonder players want to leave?
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:53 - Jan 18 with 228 viewsDefault_User

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 08:38 - Jan 18 by Bluebell

This........

FWIW I like him and think he is a good player. He has been very passionate about playing for Ipswich. I love the way he is always the first to come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans.

Why do people feel it is ok to knock our players? A lot of them read this forum. Is it any wonder players want to leave?

Who wants to leave, other than Knudsen?

I love to shag cups.
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019