Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' 15:30 - Jan 17 with 4417 viewsclive_baker

re. Knudsen.

But he played for Denmark, how can this be?

Lol.

Poll: Should Britain leave the Eurovision?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 685 viewsRoyKeanesDog

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:38 - Jan 17 by Libero

It was undoubtedly one of Knudsen’s better games, at least until he lost his head in the last few seconds.

Okay, you're trolling.

Congrats, you managed to get me to bite.

You come across as too intelligent to actually have this view point.

Poll: Best Football Song

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 680 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:56 - Jan 17 by RoyKeanesDog

Okay, you're trolling.

Congrats, you managed to get me to bite.

You come across as too intelligent to actually have this view point.

Flattery will get you everywhere sweetheart. xoxo

Championship winning Captain of Ipswich Yates Star Wars quiz 2018

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 660 viewsPhilTWTD

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 17:03 - Jan 17 by Libero

Who’s their left back at the moment? I’d be stunned if Jonas moved to a Championship club as first choice left back.

Didn't you say similar about McGoldrick?! I'm sure he'll get a Championship club, probably a biggish one, unless he goes abroad.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:21 - Jan 17 with 650 viewschrisswailes

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:11 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

Didn't you say similar about McGoldrick?! I'm sure he'll get a Championship club, probably a biggish one, unless he goes abroad.

Yeah DMc will never amount to anythi....WAIT A MINUTE

www.warwaves.bandcamp.com | I wrote a blog: https://alionshead.tumblr.com We miss you TLA.
Poll: What is my best feature?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:23 - Jan 17 with 652 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:11 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

No mate, I said I’d be surprised if McGoldrick was a regular starter wherever he went due to his injuries, it appears he’s being managed very well at United and is back to his best.

Who is West Brom’s left back? Kieran Gibbs, isn’t it?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:26 - Jan 17 with 648 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 15:36 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

Still don't understand the dislike towards him.

It became more vocal when he dared to say that a new manager coming in has different ideas about players. The rotter!

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:26 - Jan 17 with 649 viewsPhilTWTD

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:23 - Jan 17 by Libero

No mate, I said I’d be surprised if McGoldrick was a regular starter wherever he went due to his injuries, it appears he’s being managed very well at United and is back to his best.

Who is West Brom’s left back? Kieran Gibbs, isn’t it?

I was only teasing as I remembered you weren't particularly a fan! I'm sure Jonas wouldn't be seen ahead of Gibbs but it's all about a squad these days.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 646 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:21 - Jan 17 by chrisswailes

Yeah DMc will never amount to anythi....WAIT A MINUTE

*sighs* my issue with McGoldrick was primarily that he was our highest earner and a centre forward that averaged 4 goals in open play per season on average over his time with us. It wasn’t a good deal for the club at all when you look at it deeper than he scored a couple of worldview and had decent close control.

The MCGoldrick United are experiencing appears to be more in line with the purple patch McGoldrick we experienced at the start of his time here, as I said in my post to Phil maybe heavily being managed with somewhat more kid gloves? Who knows, it’ll be interesting to see if he ends up averaging out like he did here or if he managed to maintain his fine form.

Login to get fewer ads

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:32 - Jan 17 with 640 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:26 - Jan 17 by PhilTWTD

I was only teasing as I remembered you weren't particularly a fan! I'm sure Jonas wouldn't be seen ahead of Gibbs but it's all about a squad these days.

It’s all good mate, you managed to tempt out someone else to have a poke too, well played 😂

I really loved McGoldrick during his purple patch, as we all did! However a combination of teams figuring him out and injuries hampered him, whoever you’re talking about if your top earner is a centre forward and he’s only getting 4 goals from open play most seasons it’s not a good sign.

Pleased for him that he’s found a place to flourish, just wish it had been here.

Do we think he’s on much less at United than we was here?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 614 viewschrisswailes

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:28 - Jan 17 by Libero

*sighs* my issue with McGoldrick was primarily that he was our highest earner and a centre forward that averaged 4 goals in open play per season on average over his time with us. It wasn’t a good deal for the club at all when you look at it deeper than he scored a couple of worldview and had decent close control.

The MCGoldrick United are experiencing appears to be more in line with the purple patch McGoldrick we experienced at the start of his time here, as I said in my post to Phil maybe heavily being managed with somewhat more kid gloves? Who knows, it’ll be interesting to see if he ends up averaging out like he did here or if he managed to maintain his fine form.

Nah, not true. You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc.

Keep on truckin’.

www.warwaves.bandcamp.com | I wrote a blog: https://alionshead.tumblr.com We miss you TLA.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:57 - Jan 17 with 603 viewsJakeITFC

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:32 - Jan 17 by Libero

It’s all good mate, you managed to tempt out someone else to have a poke too, well played 😂

I really loved McGoldrick during his purple patch, as we all did! However a combination of teams figuring him out and injuries hampered him, whoever you’re talking about if your top earner is a centre forward and he’s only getting 4 goals from open play most seasons it’s not a good sign.

Pleased for him that he’s found a place to flourish, just wish it had been here.

Do we think he’s on much less at United than we was here?

This is revisionism.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:27 - Jan 17 with 590 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:51 - Jan 17 by chrisswailes

Nah, not true. You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc.

Keep on truckin’.

If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views.

I remember making a lot of tongue in cheek facetious comments about his step overs and close control, however this was usually backed up with the wider point that it was my belief that it was the beautiful aesthetic of his game that guarded him from criticism and masked his failings as a player.

Keep on truckin'?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:28 - Jan 17 with 588 viewsPositivelyPortman

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 16:45 - Jan 17 by Libero

You’ve seen Jonas live at a game and still can’t work out why people think he’s pony? You should talk to Herbivore, he’d get you.

Herby loves him. It’s unrequited though.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:29 - Jan 17 with 588 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 18:57 - Jan 17 by JakeITFC

This is revisionism.

If you say so Jake, I thought McGoldrick was overpaid, under performed and was on the whole overrated by our support for the reasons already given.

I'm not sure how at all that is revising my view but you "keep on truckin'"
(I just learnt that one, good, isn't it?)
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:33]

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:33 - Jan 17 with 579 viewsJakeITFC

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:29 - Jan 17 by Libero

If you say so Jake, I thought McGoldrick was overpaid, under performed and was on the whole overrated by our support for the reasons already given.

I'm not sure how at all that is revising my view but you "keep on truckin'"
(I just learnt that one, good, isn't it?)
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:33]

You used to openly mock people for rating McGoldrick.
‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:34 - Jan 17 with 578 viewschrisswailes

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:27 - Jan 17 by Libero

If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views.

I remember making a lot of tongue in cheek facetious comments about his step overs and close control, however this was usually backed up with the wider point that it was my belief that it was the beautiful aesthetic of his game that guarded him from criticism and masked his failings as a player.

Keep on truckin'?

I would but I’m fairly sure you’ve had a few profiles since then - not a dig, factual.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:38 - Jan 17 with 574 viewsLankHenners

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:27 - Jan 17 by Libero

Keep on truckin'?

McGoldrick a doubt eh? by CaptainObvious 5 May 2017 13:47
Is this the competition integrity kicking in again ha ha

Hmm...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:38 - Jan 17 with 566 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:34 - Jan 17 by chrisswailes

I would but I’m fairly sure you’ve had a few profiles since then - not a dig, factual.

Nah, I don't reckon mate. I've only ever had two profiles and the earlier still shows up in searches as I believe Gav saved it under "LiberoX" when I returned to the site 3 years or so ago.

Go for it, honestly I think you'll find you maybe misinterpreted some of my postings.

That being said as I stated in my response to Jake I do believe David McGoldrick was overpaid, under perfomed and on the whole overrated by our support. That's not changed.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 562 viewschrisswailes

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:38 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Hmm...

Snap!

I’m out.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:42 - Jan 17 with 553 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:38 - Jan 17 by LankHenners

Hmm...

Dayum Son, you done gone pulled his pants right down here. Tough to come back from this one.
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:42]

Poll: Can you see this poll?

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:43 - Jan 17 with 547 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:33 - Jan 17 by JakeITFC

You used to openly mock people for rating McGoldrick.

Obviously I don't know what specific interaction you're talking about but from memory I'd say the only mocking I'd do is when people would claim David was going to back us 10/14/20 goals a season.

Other than that I'd be reiterating my belief that he was overrated by our support for the reasons given, in a similar vein to the discussion piece you tried to recontextualise earlier about Teddy Bishop's development.

This conversation is becoming more and more diluted from the topic and appears to be focusing in on how I rate and judge players. While I'm flattered you and a few others clearly care so much about my judgements I must remind you that I'm a know nothing football supporter just like you, we've all got different views and I'm sorry that mine appears to have stuck with you in such a prominent manner that I've had to defend my historical judgements on a player or two to you.

I get it, you think i'm talking b0llocks, fair enough.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:44 - Jan 17 with 536 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:43 - Jan 17 by Libero

Obviously I don't know what specific interaction you're talking about but from memory I'd say the only mocking I'd do is when people would claim David was going to back us 10/14/20 goals a season.

Other than that I'd be reiterating my belief that he was overrated by our support for the reasons given, in a similar vein to the discussion piece you tried to recontextualise earlier about Teddy Bishop's development.

This conversation is becoming more and more diluted from the topic and appears to be focusing in on how I rate and judge players. While I'm flattered you and a few others clearly care so much about my judgements I must remind you that I'm a know nothing football supporter just like you, we've all got different views and I'm sorry that mine appears to have stuck with you in such a prominent manner that I've had to defend my historical judgements on a player or two to you.

I get it, you think i'm talking b0llocks, fair enough.

I mean, he did bag us 14 goals in the 2013/14 league season so there is that.
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:45]

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:45 - Jan 17 with 534 viewsLibero

Hmm...

Cheers for that mate - So could someone highlight the disparity between what I was saying there and what I'm saying now? I might well be the idiot you all believe because I don't see it.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:47 - Jan 17 with 526 viewsLibero

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:44 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I mean, he did bag us 14 goals in the 2013/14 league season so there is that.
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:45]

Aye, I did make note of his "purple patch" - he was incredible that season, unplayable up until the Southampton Cup game at home.

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:47 - Jan 17 with 523 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Someone has to come in for you and I’ve not heard anything at all' on 19:45 - Jan 17 by Libero

Cheers for that mate - So could someone highlight the disparity between what I was saying there and what I'm saying now? I might well be the idiot you all believe because I don't see it.

Just to save folks clicking between threads. Draw your own conclusions!

"You always made comments about how he only ever did a few step overs and that was it, how he had no pace, was one of our most overrated players etc."

"If you could find some quotes to back up what you're saying it'd be appreciated as it's certainly not how I intended to put across my views. "

"In all seriousness though, averaging four goals a season as a striker and being the clubs highest paid player is absolutely dog sh'it, isn't it?

It absolutely amazes me how many people still claim he's our best player and w@nk themselves into a coma every time he does a bit of close control or a step over.

I'd love to see rid of him and see the resources pumped into him put into a striker who can play more than 50% of the games and get at least 10 goals a season."
[Post edited 17 Jan 19:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019