Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I love Paul Lambert! 16:29 - Jan 17 with 2422 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There - I said it.

He’s just brilliant ain’t he?

The open letter, the meetings with town fans, meetings with our club legends, the enthusiasm, his passion, everything.

We are just so so lucky to have him and if (I’ve changed from when to IF) we do go down, the best thing that Evans can do is keep Lambert for next season.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I love Paul Lambert! on 16:36 - Jan 17 with 2398 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I love Paul Lambert! on 16:49 - Jan 17 with 2363 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I love Paul Lambert! on 16:36 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

Evans out

Well of course.

I love Paul Lambert! on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 2365 viewsBlueBadger

It will never cease to amaze me how Ipswich managers can get away with loads of poor results if they're good at pressers.

[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 21:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I love Paul Lambert! on 17:02 - Jan 17 with 2336 viewsMoulton

If ME hadn't appointed Hurst, Paul Lambert would not be here now as he wouldn't have been approached in the summer. ME knew that if he hired a useless dwarf we would be so desperate when he sacked him, we would accept an ex Norwich manager with little opposition/ Funny old world.
The only way is Evans
I love Paul Lambert! on 17:15 - Jan 17 with 2309 viewsChampionship

I love Paul Lambert! on 16:50 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

It will never cease to amaze me how Ipswich managers can get away with loads of poor results if they're good at pressers.

[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 21:28]

Lambert has had one game with a squad you could call his own.
I love Paul Lambert! on 17:17 - Jan 17 with 2301 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yet today he’s said he wants to keep Chambo. That’ll test the allegiance of some people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I love Paul Lambert! on 17:35 - Jan 17 with 2278 viewsTractorCam

I love Paul Lambert! on 17:17 - Jan 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yet today he’s said he wants to keep Chambo. That’ll test the allegiance of some people.

Don't forget his "Marcus has been brilliant" article!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I love Paul Lambert! on 17:49 - Jan 17 with 2262 viewsbrogansnose

I love him too Rommy, in fact, I posted my man love for PL before you so, nerrrr !

For my part, the results haven't been great but I'm giving him a bye on that because of cyclone Hurst, but the football for 45 minutes here and there have been the best we've seen in seasons. It's also about that bigger picture. We can snipe about sound bites, pressers and PR statements, well I'm not going to, its about a bloke who gets football and what this club needs to put itself together on and off the pitch and in the stands too. I want that feeling that Huddersfield had when they were revitalised. I don't want to be just another club ticking off the FA fixture list. I can't see us recapturing the glory days because the football landscape has changed so much and its tough for even bigger clubs than us - financially speaking - but we can be a club that can be proud of its present and where it wants to go rather than its past.

We've been on a decline imho since we dropped out of the Prem but I do feel that PL can at least set us back on the road to recovery, or so I like to hope.

Anyway, doing Villa ?
Login to get fewer ads

I love Paul Lambert! on 18:10 - Jan 17 with 2231 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I love Paul Lambert! on 17:49 - Jan 17 by brogansnose

I love him too Rommy, in fact, I posted my man love for PL before you so, nerrrr !

For my part, the results haven't been great but I'm giving him a bye on that because of cyclone Hurst, but the football for 45 minutes here and there have been the best we've seen in seasons. It's also about that bigger picture. We can snipe about sound bites, pressers and PR statements, well I'm not going to, its about a bloke who gets football and what this club needs to put itself together on and off the pitch and in the stands too. I want that feeling that Huddersfield had when they were revitalised. I don't want to be just another club ticking off the FA fixture list. I can't see us recapturing the glory days because the football landscape has changed so much and its tough for even bigger clubs than us - financially speaking - but we can be a club that can be proud of its present and where it wants to go rather than its past.

We've been on a decline imho since we dropped out of the Prem but I do feel that PL can at least set us back on the road to recovery, or so I like to hope.

Anyway, doing Villa ?

Agree with that Brogs. That feeling of a club completely united is what I want. The playoff season under Mick was exactly that. The togetherness was just great to be a part of. I just want PL to stay on even if we go down. I’d be properly gutted if he left - though I would understand it on his part.

I am. The two arsenal lads at uni are coming again. Be their 4th away game this season after Millwall, Reading and Stoke. Should be a good day. You making the trip?

I love Paul Lambert! on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 2200 viewsbrogansnose

I love Paul Lambert! on 18:10 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Agree with that Brogs. That feeling of a club completely united is what I want. The playoff season under Mick was exactly that. The togetherness was just great to be a part of. I just want PL to stay on even if we go down. I’d be properly gutted if he left - though I would understand it on his part.

I am. The two arsenal lads at uni are coming again. Be their 4th away game this season after Millwall, Reading and Stoke. Should be a good day. You making the trip?

Yeah, I'm going. I'll bump into you someplace but I'm likely to be in that iffy boozer round the corner at some point.
I love Paul Lambert! on 18:35 - Jan 17 with 2188 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I love Paul Lambert! on 18:28 - Jan 17 by brogansnose

Yeah, I'm going. I'll bump into you someplace but I'm likely to be in that iffy boozer round the corner at some point.

Nice one - we plan to have a few near Birmingham station about 12 ish I think and then go to Villa a bit later

I love Paul Lambert! on 19:18 - Jan 17 with 2137 viewsOxford_Blue

Norwich fans thought the same till he left them for more money
I love Paul Lambert! on 19:20 - Jan 17 with 2126 viewsbrogansnose

I love Paul Lambert! on 19:18 - Jan 17 by Oxford_Blue

Alternatively, all the Stoke fans I spoke to a while back loved him and didn't want him to leave.
I love Paul Lambert! on 19:22 - Jan 17 with 2118 viewsTractorCam

I love Paul Lambert! on 19:18 - Jan 17 by Oxford_Blue

Not to mention Villa are a much bigger club than Norwich and well and truly served his purpose there.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I love Paul Lambert! on 20:54 - Jan 17 with 2041 viewsOxford_Blue

I love Paul Lambert! on 19:22 - Jan 17 by TractorCam

Not to mention Villa are a much bigger club than Norwich and well and truly served his purpose there.

So if he left us to go to a bigger club you’d be fine with that?
I love Paul Lambert! on 21:00 - Jan 17 with 2020 viewsgtsb

I love Paul Lambert! on 20:54 - Jan 17 by Oxford_Blue

So if he left us to go to a bigger club you’d be fine with that?

I never get this argument. Players leave clubs for more money. Managers leave clubs for more money and sometimes a more prestigious job. I'd say 95% of the population would leave their jobs in a heartbeat if someone offered to double, treble etc their wages.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 21:03]
I love Paul Lambert! on 21:36 - Jan 17 with 1951 viewsMullet

I love Paul Lambert! on 21:00 - Jan 17 by gtsb

I never get this argument. Players leave clubs for more money. Managers leave clubs for more money and sometimes a more prestigious job. I'd say 95% of the population would leave their jobs in a heartbeat if someone offered to double, treble etc their wages.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 21:03]

Also it'd mean he's done a very good job here.

Mick aside, who's gone on to have a better off under Evans? Jim is possibly the closest and that was a sideways move at best and ended in tears.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024