Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However 18:01 - Jan 17 with 4994 viewspickles110564

I alway thought the will of the people would be carried out by the elites but am starting to realise Brexit is not going to happen.
I don't even believe the MP's will get blamed as they will give a 2nd referendum and turn it back on the people blaming them for it not happening.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 07:15 - Jan 18 with 1567 viewswkj

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:53 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

But if remain win it's only right we have another vote in 2 years as it's possible everything will change again in those 2 years

That depends really if we end up in a situation where we have to choose to leave, remain with a PM's deal or remain with no deal
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:00]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:12 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsdickie

This "will of the people" bollox brings the bile up in the back of my neck. How can it be described as such with the blatant lies that were pedalled. The only democratic solution is another referendum now that the facts are known and the lies debunked.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:26 - Jan 18 with 1527 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:12 - Jan 18 by dickie

This "will of the people" bollox brings the bile up in the back of my neck. How can it be described as such with the blatant lies that were pedalled. The only democratic solution is another referendum now that the facts are known and the lies debunked.

Yes this "People's vote" nonsense is vile isn't it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:31 - Jan 18 with 1515 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:46 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

There is enough time. Greece organised a referendum in just over a week in 2015. If the will is there, it can be done.

Is that the one where Europe ignored the outcome?

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:35 - Jan 18 with 1507 viewswkj

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:46 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

There is enough time. Greece organised a referendum in just over a week in 2015. If the will is there, it can be done.

Yeah, but what would Greece know about democracy *pff*

Edit: And no, that isn't Jeremy Corbyn
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 1495 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

There is a good chance that a third one may be required...
https://theconversation.com/would-a-second-referendum-deliver-a-vote-to-remain-w
....perhaps any child able to mark an 'x' should be allowed a vote as after all it's their future too!

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:42 - Jan 18 with 1492 viewsHerbivore

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:03 - Jan 17 by Clapham_Junction

I think it's fairly clear what the options are now; remain or crash out with no deal.

Given that this bullsh1t has filled our media for the last few years, I don't think we really need much of a campaign for people to get the information they want or to make (or have already made) their decision. If they haven't already taken enough in, then there's not really much more that can be done.

And yes, I think a second vote is probably the only way out of this mess right now.

I actually think it needs to be remain versus the deal, likely to be May's deal with tweaks. Only a few kooks like Rees-Mogg want a no deal Brexit, everyone else sees it's too damaging to be a realistic option. Take it off the table and leave with a negotiated deal or don't leave at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:10 - Jan 18 with 1443 viewsNo9

Maybe the 'will of the people' will happen in N.Ireland & Scotland?
Login to get fewer ads

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:14 - Jan 18 with 1442 viewsNo9

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:34 - Jan 17 by Championship

Can you answer me something? How is it undemocratic to have another referendum? If leave wins again, the debate is over. If remain wins then the will of the people has obviously changed.

May said a second referendum would kill belief in democracy. This would only be a factor if remain won a second referendum. Therefore surely either leave would win and it wouldn't matter or remain would win and therefore the will of the people would have changed. Isn't the most undemocratic thing of all forcing through a result which might already be out of date?

Look at it from a longer term view as well. The tide is turning in one direction. In a decade, if we've left, we'll be talking about a referendum on rejoining. Isn't it worth looking at the longer term view and thinking we have a privileged position within the EU right now. We risk giving that up and losing our rebate, right to retain our own currency and right to opt out of ever closer union etc. I don't know you so i'm not saying you did but if you did vote out for immigration reasons even that won't be what people expect. We'll soon give special access to students, people working in care and the NHS etc. We'll have the illusion of controlling immigration but we'll add enough loopholes to 90% of the people who could have come here anyway still will because we need them.

Look forwards ten years. Twenty years. Do you really see any benefit from Brexit?

Ever since mrs May became leader of the British Conservative party she has tried to thwart democracy whihc is why Gina Miller took the governmnt to court & won.
Mrs May still does not want democracy because it is at odds with her political beliefs & ideals

There are no benefits from brexit at all & that is why the cabinet is split with at least 2 Sec of State briefing against the PM and another section talking about legal action & a break-away group.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 1427 viewsNo9

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:16 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

And then when we leave that is what the Country voted for, democracy wins.

& only the rich like you will win, democracy won't and the young will make your generation pay
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 1425 viewsflimflam

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 07:05 - Jan 18 by Weekender

No acorording to latest polls

And the polls were on the money last time were they not?

Oh!!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 1422 viewsNo9

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 19:23 - Jan 17 by Superfrans

If there is another referendum, it won’t be because things have changed. It will be because the actual practicalities of withdrawal from the EU hadn’t been thought through when the vote was offered/launched in the first place. It is hugely embarrassing to us as a nation that this is the case, but the PM who decided to hold the referendum never expected Leave to win, so never considered what the options were for doing so. On top of this, our current PM also triggered article 50 without working out the basis of leaving either. Both cataclysmic decisions.

FWIW, I’m pro-remain. That’s the way I voted and I have seen nothing to convince me in the past two years that Leaving makes us any more secure, independent or financially healthy as a nation.
I’m also baffled how a campaign can spend 10% more on a campaign than the rules say they can and the result be allowed to still stand.

But, putting both of those points to one side - if we held a Referendum again, I would personally be open to the potential of a concession to the Leavers, especially if the result is as close as last time (but in favour of Remain) or within certain parameters (55:45, for instance).

And that is that a third Referendum be allowed within a specified period (within three/five years, for instance) if the Leave campaign has a concrete proposal to put to the country outlining the detailed terms and basis on which we would, indeed leave.

Is this ideal? No.
Would it bring stability to the country. No, but it would be a darn sight more stability than exiting with no deal, or the deal outlined by May.
Would any of us want to go through another campaign? Probably not, but this is a huge forking decision. It has to be planned and worked out properly, not given all the consideration of cancelling a gym membership.

Good post

The way in which the toriesd run the UK it would take about 20 years to be ready to leave the UK & then it would only be because of American investment & influence
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1410 viewsconnorscontract

By "the elites" do you mean backbench MPs in the British House of Commons?

Look at how many people voted for May's deal. Then subtract the Ministers: people who are paid to vote the way May says (if they go against the whip they have to resign their job in the Cabinet or as Minister of State, and lose that additional salary).

There are not many left. Over 400 backbench MPs voted against May's deal, under 100 backbench MPs voted for it.

These are the people we elect because we judge that they are capable of thinking these things through on our behalf in our democratically elected Parliament.

The Parliament that you, and the other Brexiteers, declared must be sovereign.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:50 - Jan 18 with 1401 viewsNo9

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:44 - Jan 18 by connorscontract

By "the elites" do you mean backbench MPs in the British House of Commons?

Look at how many people voted for May's deal. Then subtract the Ministers: people who are paid to vote the way May says (if they go against the whip they have to resign their job in the Cabinet or as Minister of State, and lose that additional salary).

There are not many left. Over 400 backbench MPs voted against May's deal, under 100 backbench MPs voted for it.

These are the people we elect because we judge that they are capable of thinking these things through on our behalf in our democratically elected Parliament.

The Parliament that you, and the other Brexiteers, declared must be sovereign.

Since cameron called the Referendum two differtn sorts of democracy have developed = that for which Britain was oce proud the other in what the right wing want it to be, which as we can see has changed a lot since 2010
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 1366 viewsblueconscience

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:10 - Jan 18 by No9

Last time I looked NI and Scotland were in the UK and took part in a UK wide referendum.
Didn’t see any mention of different parts having a different vote.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 20:38 - Jan 18 with 1342 viewsClapham_Junction

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 08:31 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Is that the one where Europe ignored the outcome?

No, the bailout package that was being voted on in the referendum did not get taken forward.

Instead, the radical left-wing Greek government signed an even worse deal a week later.
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:16 - Jan 18 with 1327 viewspickles110564

Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 10:10 - Jan 18 by No9

You already lost you vote in Scotland, now i understand why u want to keep going until u get a vote in your favour
Some of you might have not realised that i am Pro Brexit - However on 21:20 - Jan 18 with 1320 viewsChampionship

it was a UK referendum. I didn't like the result either but everyone knew the rules going into it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024