Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? 20:12 - Jan 17 with 3725 viewsMrTown

Alan Judge ruled out as he’ll be in the 10.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 22:08 - Jan 17 with 3272 viewsKeaneish

Why's that a question? Sears.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 3230 viewsMrTown

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 22:08 - Jan 17 by Keaneish

Because Gwion Edwards is a more natural winger. And has scored 4 goals to Freddie’s 5. Freddie I think has dipped in form, knowing Freddie how long until he hits another purple patch?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 23:01 - Jan 17 with 3192 viewsHalifaxBlue

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 22:33 - Jan 17 by MrTown

Because Gwion Edwards is a more natural winger. And has scored 4 goals to Freddie’s 5. Freddie I think has dipped in form, knowing Freddie how long until he hits another purple patch?

Edwards being a natural winger makes him even less an option for left side I think. Right footed and likes to stay wide. He'd struggle on his opposite side I think.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 23:25 - Jan 17 with 3161 viewsMrTown

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 23:01 - Jan 17 by HalifaxBlue

Edwards being a natural winger makes him even less an option for left side I think. Right footed and likes to stay wide. He'd struggle on his opposite side I think.

He’s been a left winger at most of his other clubs, also was very good against Barnet left winger, the game where he set up Kenlock, then Hurst put him right midfield first game of the season and stuck at it. Being left footed or right footed as a winger is largely irrelevant these days.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 06:09 - Jan 18 with 3076 viewswkj

Edwards pisses possession away with rushed passing. Sears gets involved all over the pitch, it is a pretty open and shut answer for me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 06:26 - Jan 18 with 3066 viewsKeaneish

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 06:09 - Jan 18 by wkj

Edwards pisses possession away with rushed passing. Sears gets involved all over the pitch, it is a pretty open and shut answer for me.

And for me. Sears is a better player all round and more experienced. Edwards is at least 3rd choice to play on the right behind Lankester and Quaner, let alone the left. I was surprised he never went out on loan.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:07 - Jan 18 with 2994 viewsArnieM

Freddie Sears ahead of Edwards all day long, for me.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:11 - Jan 18 with 2983 viewsSteve_M

Edwards hasn't managed to make a positive contribution to a match since Reading away at the start of November. A great deal of the blame that was pinned on Spence for the Bristol City debacle falls his way.

At the moment he is in no way good enough for this division. Hopefully with a break he can come back rejuvenated because there is definitely some ability there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:12 - Jan 18 with 2978 viewsKieran_Knows

Sears.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:24 - Jan 18 with 2957 viewsfloridaboy

Why is Judge ruled out? We paid a fee so not a loan!!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:26]
Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:30 - Jan 18 with 2939 viewswkj

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:24 - Jan 18 by floridaboy

Im assuming he meant ruled out of LM a he believes Judge is in the #10 spot as in a deep lying forward. Either that or OP got into the toot.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:31]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:32 - Jan 18 with 2931 viewsKeaneish

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:24 - Jan 18 by floridaboy

Judge is starting number 10 presumably behind Keane.
Only decision I think is whether its Quaner or Lankester on the right.

Back four picks itself after last week.

The most interesting dilemma is who is going to partner Skuse out of Chalobah, Downes, Huws and Bishop. Personally, I think a quartet of Skuse, Bishop, Huws and Judge in there could really hurt teams if they're all on song.

Funny thing is now, if Bart was on form and a few others found a bit too, that starting 11 is quite tasty.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:55 - Jan 18 with 2891 viewsArnieM

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:11 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Edwards hasn't managed to make a positive contribution to a match since Reading away at the start of November. A great deal of the blame that was pinned on Spence for the Bristol City debacle falls his way.

At the moment he is in no way good enough for this division. Hopefully with a break he can come back rejuvenated because there is definitely some ability there.

He sat in front of us at Forest along with 5 other rested Town players. All the other players ( especially Harrison ) were friendly , chatty and interactive. Edwards by comparison came across as sulky kid, and even when my friend wished him luck for rest of season and attempted a handshake, he just walked off. What an arrogant tool. He had a face like a slapped arse all afternoon.

Probably another one who thinks he’s better than he really is. And you’re right about Spence, he had his work cut out with that lazy sod ( Edwards) I’m front of him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:56 - Jan 18 with 2890 viewsMoisha

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:32 - Jan 18 by Keaneish

Judge is starting number 10 presumably behind Keane.
Only decision I think is whether its Quaner or Lankester on the right.

Back four picks itself after last week.

The most interesting dilemma is who is going to partner Skuse out of Chalobah, Downes, Huws and Bishop. Personally, I think a quartet of Skuse, Bishop, Huws and Judge in there could really hurt teams if they're all on song.

Funny thing is now, if Bart was on form and a few others found a bit too, that starting 11 is quite tasty.

Agreed....

Lets hope its not too late, and all in vain.
Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:09 - Jan 18 with 2795 viewsandyjr

I personally think playing Sears as a winger is a waste of time. If you're going to play him he's best up top.

If we're going to play a formation with wingers then we need actual WINGERS.

I admire Sears' commitment by changing positions and playing on the wing but he's not good enough for that position in my opinion.

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 2788 viewsHerbivore

Sears, not even a debate for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:12 - Jan 18 with 2784 viewsmccarthy_is_god

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 22:08 - Jan 17 by Keaneish

To be fair Sears was bloody woeful last game, if he continues that then the debate can be opened.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:22 - Jan 18 with 2761 viewsMrTown

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:30 - Jan 18 by wkj

Im assuming he meant ruled out of LM a he believes Judge is in the #10 spot as in a deep lying forward. Either that or OP got into the toot.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:31]

No no, meant Judge playing in the 10.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 2758 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:12 - Jan 18 by mccarthy_is_god

To be fair Sears was bloody woeful last game, if he continues that then the debate can be opened.

He set up our goal.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:23 - Jan 18 with 2756 viewsMrTown

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 08:55 - Jan 18 by ArnieM

He sat in front of us at Forest along with 5 other rested Town players. All the other players ( especially Harrison ) were friendly , chatty and interactive. Edwards by comparison came across as sulky kid, and even when my friend wished him luck for rest of season and attempted a handshake, he just walked off. What an arrogant tool. He had a face like a slapped arse all afternoon.

Probably another one who thinks he’s better than he really is. And you’re right about Spence, he had his work cut out with that lazy sod ( Edwards) I’m front of him.

Not the Edwards that I met, spent 20-25 minutes with him Town last week, really nice lad, really humble, just a normal young lad.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:25 - Jan 18 with 2751 viewsMrTown

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:23 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

He set up our goal.

He did to a degree, but a bit of luck with the ball rebounding back off the defender bouncing in front of Keane helped.

But overall he was pretty poor last week.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:27 - Jan 18 with 2747 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:25 - Jan 18 by MrTown

He did to a degree, but a bit of luck with the ball rebounding back off the defender bouncing in front of Keane helped.

But overall he was pretty poor last week.

He put in the cross that Keane scored from, so yeah he set up the goal. That's a pretty telling contribution to the game. Second half he was poor but so was everyone other than the back 4.

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 2741 viewsHalifaxBlue

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 23:25 - Jan 17 by MrTown

He’s been a left winger at most of his other clubs, also was very good against Barnet left winger, the game where he set up Kenlock, then Hurst put him right midfield first game of the season and stuck at it. Being left footed or right footed as a winger is largely irrelevant these days.

Haven't watched Edwards at other clubs so I'm sure you are right there. I very much understand that the modern winger often plays on his weak side, but if I'm honest Gwion doesn't really strike me as a modern winger. Seems very old school, stay wide and beat your man.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:40 - Jan 18 with 2726 viewsmccarthy_is_god

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:27 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

He put in the cross that Keane scored from, so yeah he set up the goal. That's a pretty telling contribution to the game. Second half he was poor but so was everyone other than the back 4.

correct, but he also gave the ball back to Rotherham 5 or 6 times under no pressure. It was comical when he picked the ball up on the left and just ran straight out of play.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Freddie Sears or Gwion Edwards left midfield? on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 2719 viewschristiand

Sears all day long. Edwards has gone backwards since the first month of the season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024