Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me that thinks .... 22:16 - Jan 17 with 5988 viewsbackwaywhen

Corbin is just so childish and unprofessional over his stance on these talks ....
Discuss.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:20 - Jan 17 with 4533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure it is childish or unprofessional as much as the following:

He sees it as his best way to continue to undermine May as PM (which is his job in a way);

He doesn't actually have anything that different to offer. He would have us stay in the customs union which would solve the backstop problem but for the majority of voters I think the question would then be why don't we remain bearing in mind everything that will come with it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:20 - Jan 17 with 4531 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

If Hammas, Hezbolllah or the IRA had asked he would be there n a shot...

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 4516 viewsBloomBlue

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:20 - Jan 17 by Jonnosdreadlocks

If Hammas, Hezbolllah or the IRA had asked he would be there n a shot...

Not sure you should use shot and ira in the same sentence
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:23 - Jan 17 with 4517 viewsgtsb

He has managed to turn Labour from having a slight chance of winning the next election to no chance at all this week. The Labour party could easily win the next election with a new leader but he'll never walk. For the sake of his party, and this country because a strong opposition is vital, he should walk. He wont.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:29 - Jan 17 with 4500 viewsbackwaywhen

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:20 - Jan 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure it is childish or unprofessional as much as the following:

He sees it as his best way to continue to undermine May as PM (which is his job in a way);

He doesn't actually have anything that different to offer. He would have us stay in the customs union which would solve the backstop problem but for the majority of voters I think the question would then be why don't we remain bearing in mind everything that will come with it?

To remain would be the end of democracy in this country , I would imagine that so many would take to the streets in most if not all of our major cities, leave voters would not be happy .... possibly see the rise of UKIP once again as a real threat next time .....just saying .
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:32 - Jan 17 with 4484 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:29 - Jan 17 by backwaywhen

To remain would be the end of democracy in this country , I would imagine that so many would take to the streets in most if not all of our major cities, leave voters would not be happy .... possibly see the rise of UKIP once again as a real threat next time .....just saying .

"The end of democracy" what a tired and ridiculous statement.

Wasn't the leave vote all about "taking back control" and yet you don't want our parliament to have the control to decide the vote was not a good decision or even to put the actual options back to the people?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:36 - Jan 17 with 4467 viewsgtsb

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:32 - Jan 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wasn't the leave vote all about "taking back control" and yet you don't want our parliament to have the control to decide the vote was not a good decision or even to put the actual options back to the people?

He is right about people taking to the streets though. If Brexit is delayed and this rolls on into the summer months there will be riots again. No question.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:38 - Jan 17 with 4463 viewsbackwaywhen

For your information .... the vote has already taken place old mate ...Leave means leave ! , next time there is a general election shall the losers say ... let’s have another one some of us don’t like the result !!!!! .
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 4449 viewsm14_blue

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:38 - Jan 17 by backwaywhen

For your information .... the vote has already taken place old mate ...Leave means leave ! , next time there is a general election shall the losers say ... let’s have another one some of us don’t like the result !!!!! .

Well yes, of course they will.

That’s how politics in democracies works.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:41 - Jan 17 with 4441 viewsBloomBlue

They should give the options back to the people but 2 options, leave with the May deal or leave with no deal. That would be fair to all as it gives remainers a chance to pick which deal for leaving the EU.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:42 - Jan 17 with 4437 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:41 - Jan 17 by BloomBlue

They should give the options back to the people but 2 options, leave with the May deal or leave with no deal. That would be fair to all as it gives remainers a chance to pick which deal for leaving the EU.

Ah, so the bad deal is better than no deal approach.

I get your thinking.

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:43 - Jan 17 with 4429 viewsbackwaywhen

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:39 - Jan 17 by m14_blue

Well yes, of course they will.

That’s how politics in democracies works.

But you don’t vote again after a general election ... you accept the result , and let the winning party get on with running the country , not take to streets saying it’s not fair vote again!!!! Get real ffs.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:45 - Jan 17 with 4409 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the amount of animosity and potential for disaster riots and/or terrorism is a likely outcome whatever course is taken.

It is a shame there isn't a leader or path ahead that would suit the majority of people (and don't pretend no deal Brexit is that, it clearly is not). Neither is the worst of all worlds of a "pretend to leave while actually remaining without the voting rights we currently have".

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:46 - Jan 17 with 4399 viewsfooters

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:43 - Jan 17 by backwaywhen

But you don’t vote again after a general election ... you accept the result , and let the winning party get on with running the country , not take to streets saying it’s not fair vote again!!!! Get real ffs.

Have you ever been on a radio phone-in show?

Just curious.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:47 - Jan 17 with 4400 viewsScuzzer

No its not just you...and it is not a tired old cliche...regardless of what is said in reply to your post. There will be no party who is worth voting for...Corbin has just written his own suicide note along with that of his party. Complete and utter imbacile behaving like a schoolkid. No respect for him now...and what alternative is there none...time for a new form of democracy to be born from the ashes of this car crash.

Established 1968

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:55 - Jan 17 with 4371 viewsgtsb

Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:47 - Jan 17 by Scuzzer

No its not just you...and it is not a tired old cliche...regardless of what is said in reply to your post. There will be no party who is worth voting for...Corbin has just written his own suicide note along with that of his party. Complete and utter imbacile behaving like a schoolkid. No respect for him now...and what alternative is there none...time for a new form of democracy to be born from the ashes of this car crash.

Absolutely. Brexit isn't about Tory, Labour, Liberal etc it's about the future of Britain and therefore all parties should come together and negotiate for the best of the British people. Corbyn is trying to score political points and is failing miserably. The man is a joke.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 22:56 - Jan 17 with 4363 viewsBasuco

He is Teresa May's biggest asset in the House of Commons, but the Labour party refuse to admit it. No other Labour leader could make Teresa May look so good.
Is it just me that thinks .... on 23:12 - Jan 17 with 4338 viewsrickw

Brexit is going to go to shi# whatever happens, Corbyn is staying out of it so he can blame May afterwards and swoop in to take power....

If he does the right thing and stands up for his voters beliefs and helps he can't put the blame on May's government.
It's not just him though nearly every Politician does what's best for themselves first, their party second, their investers third and maybe a distant fourth they wonder what is best for the country/voters.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Is it just me that thinks .... on 00:13 - Jan 18 with 4296 viewsBlueBadger

...as opposed to honouring the result of a poll which was based on limited information and won by a isde which have been proven to have been employing illegal tactics in their campaigning?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 04:59 - Jan 18 with 4224 viewschristiand

‘An Opportunist.’ Not interested in what’s best for the country, it’s all about personal gain. Honestly, he’s going to do no better in securing a better deal, in fact no MP will, but he continues to drone on trying to undermine May without any substance to his stance. Just comes across as a complete tool!! His actions recently (or lack of them) should show what a poor choice he’d be as our PM.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 5:01]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is it just me that thinks .... on 07:29 - Jan 18 with 4137 viewsPositivelyPortman

It’s Corbyn not Corbin.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 07:32 - Jan 18 with 4132 viewsallezlesbleus

Is it just me that thinks .... on 23:12 - Jan 17 by rickw

Brexit is going to go to shi# whatever happens, Corbyn is staying out of it so he can blame May afterwards and swoop in to take power....

If he does the right thing and stands up for his voters beliefs and helps he can't put the blame on May's government.
It's not just him though nearly every Politician does what's best for themselves first, their party second, their investers third and maybe a distant fourth they wonder what is best for the country/voters.

Spot on
Is it just me that thinks .... on 07:56 - Jan 18 with 4103 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is it just me that thinks .... on 04:59 - Jan 18 by christiand

‘An Opportunist.’ Not interested in what’s best for the country, it’s all about personal gain. Honestly, he’s going to do no better in securing a better deal, in fact no MP will, but he continues to drone on trying to undermine May without any substance to his stance. Just comes across as a complete tool!! His actions recently (or lack of them) should show what a poor choice he’d be as our PM.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 5:01]

"Not interested in what’s best for the country, it’s all about personal gain."

If that's the case, why did he have the lowest expenses of ANY MP during the expenses scandal (something like £4.49 for a printer cartridge)?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 07:57 - Jan 18 with 4099 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you're going to call someone "childish" you ought to at least spell their name correctly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it just me that thinks .... on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 4013 viewschristiand

Is it just me that thinks .... on 07:56 - Jan 18 by BrixtonBlue

"Not interested in what’s best for the country, it’s all about personal gain."

If that's the case, why did he have the lowest expenses of ANY MP during the expenses scandal (something like £4.49 for a printer cartridge)?

Apologies, that's a real show of moral fibre, I take it all back BrixtonBlue!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024