Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane is having a nightmare tonight 23:13 - Jan 17 with 11164 viewsStokieBlue

My MP not putting up a great display on Question Time this evening. Labour HQ must be drafting the retractions at this very moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:17 - Jan 17 with 4885 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't understand why they put her up for this, every time she opens her mouth it is a potential car crash and you can sense Fiona Bruce and the other guests are given a tap in.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:35 - Jan 17 with 4831 viewsGogs

I don't like her, she shouldn't be on there, but i think she may end up getting a little bit of sympathy as it comes across that some of the panel is bullying her, Fiona Bruce and the woman to the other side of her who i don't know in particular, and the Tim Nice-but-dim Tory mp to a lesser extent.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:41 - Jan 17 with 4800 viewsFootballpete

The program has demonstrated what a mess we’re in as a country. Nobody on the panel have any answers to the issues we’re facing, and those asking the questions seem to have even less of any idea. What is the Brexit end game? No deal a disaster, May’s deal pleases nobody, a “people’s vote” will be more decisive than the first, as will postponing article 50. You’re clever Stokie, how do we solve this mess?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:42 - Jan 17 with 4806 viewsjeera

I was about to say this is hard work.

What with Dianne "as I've been saying...." without saying anything of substance whatsoever, and bloody Rory "let me first of all, just repeat back to you the question you've asked me, so I can play for time and bore the crap out of all of you even further" Stewart*...

If this is how MPs behave all day no wonder things never seem to get addressed.

*He's fecking doing it again! "This is a good question..."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:42 - Jan 17 with 4801 viewsElderGrizzly

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:41 - Jan 17 by Footballpete

The program has demonstrated what a mess we’re in as a country. Nobody on the panel have any answers to the issues we’re facing, and those asking the questions seem to have even less of any idea. What is the Brexit end game? No deal a disaster, May’s deal pleases nobody, a “people’s vote” will be more decisive than the first, as will postponing article 50. You’re clever Stokie, how do we solve this mess?

This guy nailed it

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:43 - Jan 17 with 4787 viewsjeera

Oh great.

Everyone's favourite 2 subjects on the same show.

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:44 - Jan 17 with 4769 viewsElderGrizzly

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:42 - Jan 17 by jeera

What with Dianne "as I've been saying...." without saying anything of substance whatsoever, and bloody Rory "let me first of all, just repeat back to you the question you've asked me, so I can play for time and bore the crap out of all of you even further" Stewart*...

To be fair, that’s part of the media training to buy time to compose your answer.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:47 - Jan 17 with 4757 viewsjeera

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:44 - Jan 17 by ElderGrizzly

To be fair, that’s part of the media training to buy time to compose your answer.

Hmph. It would be helpful if they were all better versed in the subjects they deal with on a daily basis.

On a separate note, I don't like that Oakeshott much, but given the option, you would wouldn't you.

Login to get fewer ads

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:50 - Jan 17 with 4747 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:42 - Jan 17 by jeera

Hard to disagree with any of this.
They just go round and round in feckin circles.
First time i,ve watched in quite a while, wont be bothering again anytime soon.

Isabel is easy on the eye though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:50 - Jan 17 with 4738 viewsjeera

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:50 - Jan 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

Is she?

I hadn't really noticed...

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:57 - Jan 17 with 4709 viewsElderGrizzly

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:47 - Jan 17 by jeera

Hmph. It would be helpful if they were all better versed in the subjects they deal with on a daily basis.

On a separate note, I don't like that Oakeshott much, but given the option, you would wouldn't you.

What was the option? She’s a rabid witch
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 00:01 - Jan 18 with 4692 viewsjeera

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:57 - Jan 17 by ElderGrizzly

What was the option? She’s a rabid witch

I've lived with worse.

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 00:08 - Jan 18 with 4677 viewsBlueBadger

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:50 - Jan 17 by StochesStotasBlewe

It's like a TWTD argument, on the telly. If someone was actually stupid enough to let us lot run the bloody country. No wonder we're f*cked.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 00:18 - Jan 18 with 4649 viewsWithnail

Low sugar levels detected.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 06:47 - Jan 18 with 4428 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 00:01 - Jan 18 by jeera

I've lived with worse.

I,ve been married to (much) worse.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 07:04 - Jan 18 with 4394 viewsBloomBlue

You leave Diane out of this, it's not her fault she got where she is by sh@gging the boss

Let's face it, fine looking woman we all would if we had a chance.

Diane is comedy gold, in years to come when our great grandchildren, grandchildren, children are on TWTD and someone posts a topic on the greatest British comedian the lovely Diane will be top.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 09:40 - Jan 18 with 4226 viewsStokieBlue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:35 - Jan 17 by Gogs

I don't like her, she shouldn't be on there, but i think she may end up getting a little bit of sympathy as it comes across that some of the panel is bullying her, Fiona Bruce and the woman to the other side of her who i don't know in particular, and the Tim Nice-but-dim Tory mp to a lesser extent.

She's not being bullied though, she is just unable to articulate Labour policy or she doesn't know it. She also then accused the reporter of interrupting her and then interrupted the reporter after one word.

It doesn't help the Labour cause having her do these things, some people aren't good at this off the hip stuff whilst still being able to be a good constituency MP.

SB

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 09:48 - Jan 18 with 4182 viewsWD19

I have noticed this a lot lately.

- Both sides of the house are not exactly awash with talent for a start.
- Much of the talent on the opposition side of the house doesn't buy into the leader, so are parked on the back benches.
- Even on the opposition front bench, those with more talent are understandably not v.keen to stand up and defend the party position on a few topics this week.

Not a great recipe. Leaves you with Abbott, Gardiner and an assortment of fanboys and girls to mindlessly parrot the party line.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 4114 viewsNo9

Er, why do you think the BBBC have her on?
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:11 - Jan 18 with 4093 viewsStokieBlue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:06 - Jan 18 by No9

Er, why do you think the BBBC have her on?

Surely it's the Labour party who decide who go on each week?

Obviously that wouldn't fit with the anti-BBC, anti-Tory narrative though.

SB

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:23 - Jan 18 with 4073 viewsNo9

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:11 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

SB

I understand from someone who used to work for the BBC they invite individuals on
It is very pro tpry to have people like Ms Abbot on = she is , as has even been admitted in the HoC a hate figure of the right, you are aware of that aren't you?

& how can the BBC be non partisan when most of it's political programmes are hosted by right wingers and those with a political agenda e.g Andrew Neil is a strong brexiteer working for a very right wing orgainsation that publishes anti EU (lies?) & right wing material, how can that be non biased?

Other broadcasters made it clear that Hilary Benn & Yvette Cooper went to meet the PM as is their duty as the chair of Commons select committees, the BBC was still not telling the people that this morning.

Do you still think Mr Corbyn is the only person advocating taking the 'No Deal' off the table?
You can't see Mrs May is holding court like Queen Bee & in doing so wrking toward a serious constitutional crisis?

C'mon you are better than that.
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 4023 viewsClapham_Junction

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:11 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

SB

As far as I'm aware, the BBC do invite specific MPs.

It does make you wonder why Abbott keeps getting invited.

Not sure what narrative that fits though ;)
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 3956 viewsSwansea_Blue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 23:43 - Jan 17 by jeera

Oh great.

Everyone's favourite 2 subjects on the same show.

There's a show on drinking Ghost ship whilst watching woman mud wrestle naked?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 3946 viewsNo9

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:52 - Jan 18 by Clapham_Junction

& I can tell you the BBC vet the people applying to be on the show
Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 11:33 - Jan 18 with 3946 viewsStokieBlue

Diane is having a nightmare tonight on 10:52 - Jan 18 by Clapham_Junction

Fair enough, I thought it was like Newsnight where they request someone to attend and the party office decides who to send (if anyone).

She is shadow home secretary, she should surely get a lot of invites?

No 9 has a narrative in every post, regardless of the actual points being discussed it's the same response. He never used to post like that, I can only assume he's thoroughly fed-up with our current politics like most of us are.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024