Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action Sticker Packs 09:50 - Jan 18 with 5630 viewsBlue_Order

New sticker packs are now available from our online shop, and from Section 6 on matchdays. £5 for 50 stickers, 10 of each design.

https://blueaction.bigcartel.com

Thanks for your continued support.

Uppa Towen

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 09:59 - Jan 18 with 4768 viewsiamipswich

Love those designs, well done lads

Poll: Who will return first?

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:05 - Jan 18 with 4745 viewsbluewein

That adidas design...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:09 - Jan 18 with 4746 viewsfactual_blue

Errr... have you spoken to Addidas and North Face about using their trademarked logos?

Not trying to be a party pooper, but I suspect these large companies do go around the internet looking for this sort of thing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:12 - Jan 18 with 4722 viewsTractorCam

Just bought 2 loads, cheers lads!

PS, nice picture on the 'group donation' section

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:17 - Jan 18 with 4708 viewsSWGF

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:09 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

Errr... have you spoken to Addidas and North Face about using their trademarked logos?

Not trying to be a party pooper, but I suspect these large companies do go around the internet looking for this sort of thing.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 4674 viewsJordy

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:17 - Jan 18 by SWGF

Haha, steady now
Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 4668 viewshorsehollerer

And presumably they do this using search words, so maybe not the smartest idea in the world to name both of those brands in this thread?

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:27 - Jan 18 with 4643 viewsDyland

It's reality and Facters makes a good point. This is my work area. Adidas especially are very protective over their trademarks and have a significant revenue stream in exactly this space.

Would hate to see Blue Action losing money. No one is going to get sued but a cease and desist is quite likely I'm afraid.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:29 - Jan 18 with 4616 viewsfactual_blue

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:22 - Jan 18 by horsehollerer

And presumably they do this using search words, so maybe not the smartest idea in the world to name both of those brands in this thread?

Do you think you can't search for images then?

Adidas may even have something in their contracts with football clubs requiring them to notify Adidas of such breaches.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 4617 viewsBlue_Order

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:27 - Jan 18 by Dyland

It's reality and Facters makes a good point. This is my work area. Adidas especially are very protective over their trademarks and have a significant revenue stream in exactly this space.

Would hate to see Blue Action losing money. No one is going to get sued but a cease and desist is quite likely I'm afraid.

We’ve been waiting by the phone since the first packs, but still not heard anything. They must love them as much as everyone else does.
Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 4602 viewsBurwell_Blue

Cease and Desist *may* one day arrive. However it may not.

Make hay while the sun shines.
Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 4571 viewsDyland

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:31 - Jan 18 by Blue_Order

We’ve been waiting by the phone since the first packs, but still not heard anything. They must love them as much as everyone else does.

:)

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 4559 viewsDyland

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:32 - Jan 18 by Burwell_Blue

Cease and Desist *may* one day arrive. However it may not.

Make hay while the sun shines.

I don't disagree.

My work is making sensible commercial decisions based on risk, and I ain't the legal police.

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 4524 viewsconnorscontract

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 10:31 - Jan 18 by Blue_Order

That is a beautiful reply.

But if you get a cease and desist letter, just do what it says.
Blue Action Sticker Packs on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 4528 viewsReuser_is_God

I’ll buy some for Norwich away & plaster the away end in them.

Everyone else should do the same.

A much more dignified way to ‘leave your mark’ than ripping down lights, kicking a bin etc.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

P.S. Any idea when/if more more pins are in? (n/t) on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 4471 viewsDyland

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:01 - Jan 18 with 4390 viewsSlambo

Hmm. We've already had the club get funny about it, but what research I did revealed that altering logos, changing colour and using different wording counts as parody, is a grey area, and therefore very hard to enforce. Pretty much every supporters/ultra group parodies that adidas flower, brazenly advertising them on their online stores, and don't seem to get collared. What's more, you see parodies of famous brand logos on t-shirts in every market and head shop in England. As alluded to, Adidas is a colossal global brand and would presumably have complex search algorithms that easily sniff out use of their trademarks; we've been selling these designs for months now and have not been contacted. I can only assume that Adidas know full well who were are and what we're doing, but realise we are in no way threat, aren't bringing their name into disrepute and are in fact - as a football supporters group - bringing allure and chic to their brand, for free. Or maybe i'm being very naive...

You said you work in this field..? Would really, really appreciate some insider knowledge on this. Feel free to PM me...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:10 - Jan 18 with 4376 viewsitfcjoe

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:01 - Jan 18 by Slambo

Hmm. We've already had the club get funny about it, but what research I did revealed that altering logos, changing colour and using different wording counts as parody, is a grey area, and therefore very hard to enforce. Pretty much every supporters/ultra group parodies that adidas flower, brazenly advertising them on their online stores, and don't seem to get collared. What's more, you see parodies of famous brand logos on t-shirts in every market and head shop in England. As alluded to, Adidas is a colossal global brand and would presumably have complex search algorithms that easily sniff out use of their trademarks; we've been selling these designs for months now and have not been contacted. I can only assume that Adidas know full well who were are and what we're doing, but realise we are in no way threat, aren't bringing their name into disrepute and are in fact - as a football supporters group - bringing allure and chic to their brand, for free. Or maybe i'm being very naive...

You said you work in this field..? Would really, really appreciate some insider knowledge on this. Feel free to PM me...

I think Adidas probably see these and think it is a good bit of Guerilla Marketing - it shows their brand as cool, and in with the casuals and by going after various fan groups would be a bad move.

If it was something taking the p155 somewhat out of their brand I imagine things would close down quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 4363 viewsfooters

What happened to the Joy Division stickers, lads? Really wanted that one!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:15 - Jan 18 with 4347 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cease, desist, destroy all stock and hand over any profits made.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:15]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 4332 viewsSlambo

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:12 - Jan 18 by footers

What happened to the Joy Division stickers, lads? Really wanted that one!

Don't you worry mate, that will be coming back. Watch this space..!

UPPA TOWEN!

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 4317 viewsfooters

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:17 - Jan 18 by Slambo

Don't you worry mate, that will be coming back. Watch this space..!

Brilliant! Can't think of many more apt Ipswich phrases than 'unknown pleasures' :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I don't think you're being naive at all on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 4294 viewsDyland

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:01 - Jan 18 by Slambo

It may not be on their radar. Or as you say, it's too small scale to be considered a threat.

It's true that changing the logo lowers the risk of a claim. The best thing on your side is that under UK law a trademark infringement claim must be actioned i.e. companies can't legally send fishing letters to bully people into ceasing their activity.

The litmus test is that you've had no claims to date. And I wouldn't be losing much sleep over it because even in the event of a claim you aren't going to be sued for a ton of money, it will simply require you cease selling the relevant sticker.

So no great shakes.

I'm not a lawyer btw so can't give (indemnified) legal advice but more than happy to give insider knowledge about this. You can PM me whenever you like.

Keep up the good work :)

COYFB

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 4264 viewsSlambo

Not sure why this has got a downvote on 13:10 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

I think Adidas probably see these and think it is a good bit of Guerilla Marketing - it shows their brand as cool, and in with the casuals and by going after various fan groups would be a bad move.

If it was something taking the p155 somewhat out of their brand I imagine things would close down quickly

This is true - won't look good on them if they go piling in to an amateur football supporters group just trying to punt some small time merch. If we were ever rose position to be able to compete financially with Adidas, then there would be a problem, and this IS and issue, as Blue Action DOES have designs on world domination...

UPPA TOWEN!

Blue Action Sticker Packs on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 4249 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024