Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert 10:11 - Jan 18 with 1042 viewswkj

I have seen a number of people talking about how this show resonates with our history too.

One thing I did notice watching this is how bewildered Simon Grayson seemed, nothing about watching this made me feel comfortable about his management (at that time) He seemed really down trodden and unconfident, even at the start. It does make me appreciate that Evans bought in Lambert all the more who is walking about with confidence and managing the fans despite a dire situation.

If you haven't seen this yet, it is a good watch- gives you an intimate outlook on what goes on behind the closed doors of football clubs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

on 10:20 - Jan 18 with 1009 views_

Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 968 viewsdavblue

on 10:20 - Jan 18 by _

Grayson has a good eye for a player and Sunderland was not in a good way, im not sure too many people would have turned that around.
Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 972 viewsDecageBruce

I am currently watching it and just finished episode 6. Having watched this and the Man City series it is clear the difference that a manager can make.

Some interesting insight into the mental side of the game and just the impact that (as we all know) the 'feeling' around a club can change things. It also puts things into perspective a little bit of how far a team like Sunderland, with their size and following, can fall and it isn't so easy to put a finger on one specific reason for it
Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 927 viewswkj

Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:33 - Jan 18 by DecageBruce

I am currently watching it and just finished episode 6. Having watched this and the Man City series it is clear the difference that a manager can make.

Some interesting insight into the mental side of the game and just the impact that (as we all know) the 'feeling' around a club can change things. It also puts things into perspective a little bit of how far a team like Sunderland, with their size and following, can fall and it isn't so easy to put a finger on one specific reason for it

I just got to the 4th Episode: It is remarkable how much of a big voice and big presence Coleman was there, obviously it didn't end well for them- but Coleman inherited a bit too much of a challenge, much like Lambert could well have done with us. That said Coleman's influence on the club was massive where as Grayson just seemed to shrink in the shadows.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 892 views_

Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:33 - Jan 18 by davblue

Grayson has a good eye for a player and Sunderland was not in a good way, im not sure too many people would have turned that around.

Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 854 viewsDecageBruce

Sunderland Til I die: Watching Grayson, Appreciating Lambert on 10:52 - Jan 18 by wkj

I just got to the 4th Episode: It is remarkable how much of a big voice and big presence Coleman was there, obviously it didn't end well for them- but Coleman inherited a bit too much of a challenge, much like Lambert could well have done with us. That said Coleman's influence on the club was massive where as Grayson just seemed to shrink in the shadows.

Totally agree.

From the outside at least there seems to be many parallels with them that season and us.

PL has a tough job but I still hold hope. If not, my perception of him currently, is that he could be great for us and a rebuild into next season whatever the outcome of this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024