Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert staying on regardless.... 11:08 - Jan 18 with 4558 viewsKieran_Knows

... of what happens this season. Great news.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/paul-lambert-commits-long-term-future-t

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:08]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:46 - Jan 18 with 1834 viewsSteve_M

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:42 - Jan 18 by BrixtonBlue

You said relegation would be a disaster a few weeks ago. Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking at last

It'll still be an utter disaster, a big drop in income and losing players we want to keep because we have to reduce the wage bill. There are no positives from it; Lambert staying is good regardless of division.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 1830 viewsmonty_radio

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:16 - Jan 18 by Dyland

At Blackburn the owners reneged on what was discussed though, or at least didn't or couldn't fulfill what Lambert expected. Probably wasn't as black and white as some would make out.

Hard to be totally confident similar won't happen here.

Certainly. And yet, experience is, or should be, the best teacher. Lambert has had a string of disappointments after and including Blackburn. Here he seems to be appreciating the non-interference and the all but blank canvas to work on. Plus, Ipswich is great, isn't it?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

hmmm on 11:49 - Jan 18 with 1819 viewsDyland

You said relegation would be a disaster a few weeks ago. Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking at last

Pretty sure Thingers' thinking on that hasn't changed one jot.

Point is, we have a better chance of avoiding free fall if there is continuity especially with an experienced management team.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

badabing (n/t) on 11:50 - Jan 18 with 1813 viewsDyland

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:47 - Jan 18 by monty_radio

Certainly. And yet, experience is, or should be, the best teacher. Lambert has had a string of disappointments after and including Blackburn. Here he seems to be appreciating the non-interference and the all but blank canvas to work on. Plus, Ipswich is great, isn't it?

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:52 - Jan 18 with 1804 viewsSomethingBlue

Erm, my view on that hasn't changed. But I can't think of anyone better to put the pieces back together.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:54 - Jan 18 with 1785 viewsphillev231069

Regardless of the outcome of this season I think we can all agree Lambert is the way forward.
Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:08 - Jan 18 with 1754 viewsBiGDonnie

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:14 - Jan 18 by textbackup

Fck me, this is massive.

Pull your pants up.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:12 - Jan 18 with 1748 viewsuefacup81

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:16 - Jan 18 by Dyland

At Blackburn the owners reneged on what was discussed though, or at least didn't or couldn't fulfill what Lambert expected. Probably wasn't as black and white as some would make out.

Hard to be totally confident similar won't happen here.

I would imagine that the fact he has already committed suggests Evans is a man of his word when it comes to transfer backing.

They'll have had conversations prior to him signing about what would be done in January, and one has to assume that Evans has kept to his promises there if Lambert is happy to come out and commit to next season.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:46 - Jan 18 with 1706 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:46 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

It'll still be an utter disaster, a big drop in income and losing players we want to keep because we have to reduce the wage bill. There are no positives from it; Lambert staying is good regardless of division.

It will be bad, for all the things you say. A disaster is the club going out of business.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 1697 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 11:52 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

Erm, my view on that hasn't changed. But I can't think of anyone better to put the pieces back together.

I guess we have a different definition of disaster. I don't think it's quite a disaster if I "Definitely sense that, in the long run, things may turn out OK."

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 1689 viewsDyland

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:50 - Jan 18 by BrixtonBlue

I guess we have a different definition of disaster. I don't think it's quite a disaster if I "Definitely sense that, in the long run, things may turn out OK."

Sometimes you're like a crap version of Bullers ;) x

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 1679 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:51 - Jan 18 by Dyland

Sometimes you're like a crap version of Bullers ;) x

Annoyingly correct?

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 1676 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:50 - Jan 18 by BrixtonBlue

Ah, put it away mate, you know well what I mean — and by the by, I doubt if anyone had the knowledge Lambert would stay on when we had that conversation. Bottom line remains that relegation = awful and a leap into the hugely unknown.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 13:04 - Jan 18 with 1673 viewsOsborneOneNil

That is TREMENDOUS news, huge.
Lambert staying on regardless.... on 13:08 - Jan 18 with 1661 viewsFenboyBlue

This is turning into the most exciting season we've had for years. Pity it's at the wrong end of the table. The odds are against us, but I don't care. Something to get excited about. Bring it on. Game by game.
Lambert staying on regardless.... on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 1644 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 13:02 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

Ah, put it away mate, you know well what I mean — and by the by, I doubt if anyone had the knowledge Lambert would stay on when we had that conversation. Bottom line remains that relegation = awful and a leap into the hugely unknown.

I'm only joshing, hence the winky face. It's fantastic news he'll be staying regardless.

arf on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 1633 viewsDyland

Lambert staying on regardless.... on 12:58 - Jan 18 by BrixtonBlue

Annoyingly correct?

No :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024