Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be Careful What You Wish For!! 11:32 - Jan 18 with 9482 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Martin Samuel, Martin Lipton et al.

Sorry to disappoint you, but despite our league position, I actually feel more connected to the club and more enthusiastic about the club than I have done for a good few years.

BCWYWF indeed.

F*ck you Martin.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:52 - Jan 18 with 2089 viewsDyland

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:43 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

But that doesn't mean that those press people were wrong and out of order for saying be careful what you wish for or saying we were punching above our weight.

No, but it also doesn't mean that most of it was not lazy "journalism" from know-nothing hacks.

The 4-4-2 piece is about the only decent one I've seen with the hackneyed BCWYWF nonsense, and it was quite knowing about what a lazy cliche it is.

EDIT: this needed a double negative, i.e. it WAS lazy journalism.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:09]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:57 - Jan 18 with 2071 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:47 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

It is acceptable to think it was time to try something new and it is also acceptable to accept there was a risk involved in that. It is not acceptable to just claim it was the best thing and anyone was wrong for highlighting the risks

To be perfectly honest I think any scrutiny of the ITFC fans as a whole based on the vocal support who "hounded him out" is unacceptable. Add this to an inappropriate manager, and Evans having no-one, or a a very poor minded person, to evaluate his transfer dealings even was not the fan's doing, even if they were eager for Hurst (or anyone) to be in place ASAP.

"Be careful of what you wish for" is just pointless snobbery and gloating really, especially when it came from a manager who had genuinely become poor for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:58 - Jan 18 with 2065 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:52 - Jan 18 by Dyland

No, but it also doesn't mean that most of it was not lazy "journalism" from know-nothing hacks.

The 4-4-2 piece is about the only decent one I've seen with the hackneyed BCWYWF nonsense, and it was quite knowing about what a lazy cliche it is.

EDIT: this needed a double negative, i.e. it WAS lazy journalism.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:09]

What is even lazier is the amount of people it is coming from who are only choosing to pick up on it now, lazy journos who just hedge their bets.

Crybaby

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:02 - Jan 18 with 2059 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:34 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Someone posted on here the other day that some posters would talk up a 7-1 defeat to Norwich if it meant pretending things are better now than last season

Think we can firmly put the OP in that bracket

Chill out man.

Have a good weekend.

You missed my point, most people understood.

Its just how I feel, if you disagree, fine. Have a good one. Try to remain positive.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:03 - Jan 18 with 2056 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:44 - Jan 18 by wkj

I don't think many are pretending its better than last season, but I think there is more faith in our future being in Lambert's hands than keeping Mick on for another season.

I think a lot of the Mick hate is stupid, but acknowledging his departure was probably overdue is perfectly understandable.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:45]

Well said.

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:04 - Jan 18 with 2053 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

But that doesn't mean that those press people were wrong and out of order for saying be careful what you wish for or saying we were punching above our weight.

It may mean that the misunderstood the criteria, and took far too much of a simplistic view.

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:05 - Jan 18 with 2049 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:40 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

The club feels in a better place now than for some time, it is just unfortunate that it has taken falling to the bottom of the league to get here.

The togetherness between fans, players, management feels like the play off season with the wins on the road in London being great - and we are bottom of the league, it's very strange but just is how it is

People were claiming that same thing early in Hurst’s reign though, or indeed when McCarthy first came in (Xmas hamper anyone?)

Ultimately though if we go down and aren’t in the top 6 next season the atmosphere will have gone back to levels similar to last season, but in a division below where we are now

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:08 - Jan 18 with 2044 viewsSpruceMoose

Yay for relegation and boo to mid table safety!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:09 - Jan 18 with 2043 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:44 - Jan 18 by wkj

I don't think many are pretending its better than last season, but I think there is more faith in our future being in Lambert's hands than keeping Mick on for another season.

I think a lot of the Mick hate is stupid, but acknowledging his departure was probably overdue is perfectly understandable.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:45]

There are plenty of people who still insist this is better than Mick, and the OP literally amounts to as much

I too felt it was time to go - but acknowledged it was a huge risk (unlike many) and am happy to accept that it is a risk that has backfired spectacularly, unfortunately

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:11 - Jan 18 with 2032 viewsitfcjoe

Looking purely at results then no, but the fans had had enough of results being more important than everything and the club was dying on it's arris. Fans are enjoying this season now PL here more than the last 2 combined - so this is surely what they wished for - just caring again?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:14 - Jan 18 with 2019 viewsLankHenners

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:05 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

People were claiming that same thing early in Hurst’s reign though, or indeed when McCarthy first came in (Xmas hamper anyone?)

Ultimately though if we go down and aren’t in the top 6 next season the atmosphere will have gone back to levels similar to last season, but in a division below where we are now

One of the funniest things about Hurst's arrival was when he gave his first presser there were loads of people on here and Twitter etc. claiming that it was like hearing some new beautiful language even though 95% sounded like it could have come from the guy he replaced.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 2017 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:05 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

When McCarthy came in we did say the same thing, he was an expert at plugging the gaps. He was poor at long term improving though and got spooked when we lost a game if we didn't play direct. His time had come, and it was pretty clear he didn't have what we needed to enjoy ourselves improve.

As for Hurst's reign, I think a lot of people were desperate for him to succeed, I know I was. I think they were also extremely keen to get a manager in with enough time to plan. Well, more the fool us when Hurst seemed to panic his way through the entire preseason.

Lambert is reaching out to fans rather than kicking back or hiding from the fans. This is a huge huge difference, one that makes me respect the man tremendously.

"What ifs" are a mug's game though.

Crybaby

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 2013 viewsBluefish

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:11 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Looking purely at results then no, but the fans had had enough of results being more important than everything and the club was dying on it's arris. Fans are enjoying this season now PL here more than the last 2 combined - so this is surely what they wished for - just caring again?

They are only enjoying it because he has soundbytes and because we sunk to such depths under Hurst that are desperate for it to be better. It is also better because of blue action. The crowds had fallen off again and so did the performances

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 2010 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:08 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

Yay for relegation and boo to mid table safety!

Like the time you dumped Joanna Nicholls for Bike-shed Becky

Crybaby

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:18 - Jan 18 with 2001 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:15 - Jan 18 by wkj

When McCarthy came in we did say the same thing, he was an expert at plugging the gaps. He was poor at long term improving though and got spooked when we lost a game if we didn't play direct. His time had come, and it was pretty clear he didn't have what we needed to enjoy ourselves improve.

As for Hurst's reign, I think a lot of people were desperate for him to succeed, I know I was. I think they were also extremely keen to get a manager in with enough time to plan. Well, more the fool us when Hurst seemed to panic his way through the entire preseason.

Lambert is reaching out to fans rather than kicking back or hiding from the fans. This is a huge huge difference, one that makes me respect the man tremendously.

"What ifs" are a mug's game though.

Surely the whole pro-Lambert/pro-things being better now argument is a what if, as it is built on the assumption that results will improve?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 14:19]

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:22 - Jan 18 with 1988 viewsSpruceMoose

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:16 - Jan 18 by wkj

Like the time you dumped Joanna Nicholls for Bike-shed Becky

At least she did that thing I'd been desperate to try out.

10 out of 10, would recommend.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:27 - Jan 18 with 1978 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:18 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely the whole pro-Lambert/pro-things being better now argument is a what if, as it is built on the assumption that results will improve?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 14:19]

For me, the pro-Lambert thing is more down to feeling a connect to the club again. I don't think the fans have had a connection with a manager and the club to this extent since Magic was the man calling the shots.

As for results improving, that is more down to hope than expectation for this season to be fair, I don't think any manager coming in for Hurst would have done much better than Lambert given the bloody eye Hurst gave us.

I can see what you mean about "what if" being reliant on *results improving, but for me that isn't really an expectation until next season.

* Assuming you mean results improving as to say we don't go down/bounce right back up

Crybaby

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:38 - Jan 18 with 1949 viewsBluefish

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:22 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

At least she did that thing I'd been desperate to try out.

10 out of 10, would recommend.

All about give and take

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 1947 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:38 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

All about give and take

Bike-shed Becky always took - as for what she gave, well, not all of it was curable.

Crybaby

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:40 - Jan 18 with 1946 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:27 - Jan 18 by wkj

For me, the pro-Lambert thing is more down to feeling a connect to the club again. I don't think the fans have had a connection with a manager and the club to this extent since Magic was the man calling the shots.

As for results improving, that is more down to hope than expectation for this season to be fair, I don't think any manager coming in for Hurst would have done much better than Lambert given the bloody eye Hurst gave us.

I can see what you mean about "what if" being reliant on *results improving, but for me that isn't really an expectation until next season.

* Assuming you mean results improving as to say we don't go down/bounce right back up

I mean improving as in we at least put up a fight against relegation, and if we don’t survive we challenge to come back up next year

If we get continue getting cut further adrift this season as we have since Lambert joined, then I think the positive atmosphere will have already started to drop

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:41 - Jan 18 with 1939 viewsSpruceMoose

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:40 - Jan 18 by wkj

Bike-shed Becky always took - as for what she gave, well, not all of it was curable.

Indeed. I wasn't always this way.

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 1919 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 13:28 - Jan 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

21! Yay, I got over 20!

Life is good.

Have another
Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 15:26 - Jan 18 with 1899 viewsmccarthy_is_god

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:09 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

There are plenty of people who still insist this is better than Mick, and the OP literally amounts to as much

I too felt it was time to go - but acknowledged it was a huge risk (unlike many) and am happy to accept that it is a risk that has backfired spectacularly, unfortunately

I think most acknowledged it was a risk but it was well worth taking because the club was completely soulless. Mick created a divide between the fans and the club which meant nobody felt connected to the club.

You say the risk has backfired but has it? results wise yes but football is more than results (contrary to Mccarthy's beliefs) and finally we feel connected to the club again. For an intelligent guy Mick was stupid for alienating the fans.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 1898 viewsBlue_Moses

It doesn't, but the OP is saying he doesn't regret what he wished for and then gave reasons as to why. Just because you don't agree...
Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 1897 viewswkj

Be Careful What You Wish For!! on 14:40 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I mean improving as in we at least put up a fight against relegation, and if we don’t survive we challenge to come back up next year

If we get continue getting cut further adrift this season as we have since Lambert joined, then I think the positive atmosphere will have already started to drop

Thankfully I think most realise that Lambert really can only shoulder limited blame until the window shuts, then the scrutiny on him has more relevance than since he first took over.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024