Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. 13:03 - Jan 18 with 5881 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:23 - Jan 18 with 2154 viewschicoazul

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:07 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

I really don't mean this as a reflection on the player, who is fine, but have we ever spent a worse £750k?

We signed Norris for 1.5m let him go for free and were slightly worse off in the league when we let him go than when we sold him. But then again he did play 100 times for us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:24 - Jan 18 with 2146 viewsBlueBadger

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:22 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

Correct. Think it was also £1.6m, plus add on's.

Hurst is basically second only to Keane in the 'most spectacular waste of a transfer budget' stake here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:25 - Jan 18 with 2138 viewsJimmyJazz

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:04 - Jan 18 by iamipswich

The Donacien deal must be up there with one of the worst deals in history.

For the record I think he should have been given more of a chance but in PL we trust!

Does anyone know where he played last season for AS? Centre back or right back?

Presumably he'll play the same position while on loan, but be interested to see what positioned he played before he joined us

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2141 viewsbluephil021

You could just say the all of the deals done by PH would top the list as the worst in the clubs history starting at number 1 and going down. Sell good championship standard and replace with league 2 standard.
Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2140 viewsSteve_M

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:23 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

We signed Norris for 1.5m let him go for free and were slightly worse off in the league when we let him go than when we sold him. But then again he did play 100 times for us.

We overpaid for a fairly average player who, on balance, probably had a detrimental effect on the entire team but in comparison to the other names in this thread he was brilliant.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2135 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:25 - Jan 18 by JimmyJazz

Does anyone know where he played last season for AS? Centre back or right back?

Presumably he'll play the same position while on loan, but be interested to see what positioned he played before he joined us

He played left back, funnily enough.

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2135 viewsyarmoblue

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:06 - Jan 18 by geg1992

Donacien joins Ipswich on loan from Accrington
Ipswich sign Donacien permanently from Accrington
Donacien joins Accrington on loan from Ipswich

All in the space of a few months.

lol.

If "Arry" was involved in this deal they would be saying it is as bent as they come
Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 2134 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:24 - Jan 18 by BlueBadger

Hurst is basically second only to Keane in the 'most spectacular waste of a transfer budget' stake here.

He certainly runs him very close for it!

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:28 - Jan 18 with 2127 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 2120 viewsBlueBadger

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:16 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Deals shortly before a manager changes are always likely to be the worst ones

Again, full marks to Roy Keane for lasting as long he did after paying millions for Martin and Priskin.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 2114 viewsfooters

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 by yarmoblue

If "Arry" was involved in this deal they would be saying it is as bent as they come

'Arry doesn't know what you're talking about, but his dog might...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 2114 viewswkj

It is weird, I honestly don't think Donacien is that bad of a player, he isnt great, but he looks like he has something in the way of potential about him. That said, his fee and Jackson's fee are comedy signings- can't blame the players though, it was Goblin Paul's Plsstake what did it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Amir Karic's corner (n/t) on 13:30 - Jan 18 with 2107 viewsDyland

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:07 - Jan 18 by SomethingBlue

I really don't mean this as a reflection on the player, who is fine, but have we ever spent a worse £750k?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

on 13:30 - Jan 18 with 2106 views_

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:30 - Jan 18 with 2101 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

how ironic...

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 2102 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:06 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Agree on both sides.

We've basically given them £750k for nothing, JD has had a nice payrise which we will be picking up the tab for and they still have him! With the crap FA Cup performance enabling them to eanr another few hundred thousand, plus taking 2k fans there they must absolutely love us!

Don’t forget the £1.5m for Kayden Jackson...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ah you beat me to it (n/t) on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 2098 viewsDyland

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:09 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Amir Karic?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 2089 viewsBlueBadger

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:31 - Jan 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t forget the £1.5m for Kayden Jackson...

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. by BlueBadger 18 Jan 2019 13:21
Or, more than we paid for Garner and Waghorn COMBINED.

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:33 - Jan 18 with 2083 viewsBluefish

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:29 - Jan 18 by BlueBadger

Again, full marks to Roy Keane for lasting as long he did after paying millions for Martin and Priskin.

Goes back to the point repeated about press conferences being more important than results or performance.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:44 - Jan 18 with 2039 viewsDarkHorse

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:29 - Jan 18 by BlueBadger

According to Roy, he didn't approve those transfer fees...
Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:51 - Jan 18 with 2018 viewsBlueBadger

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:44 - Jan 18 by DarkHorse

According to Roy, he didn't approve those transfer fees...

Roy is possibly being at best, disingenuous. I seem to recall that he was miffed when Evans wouldn't spend £4M on Chopra..

We're their fans' second team (n/t) on 13:53 - Jan 18 with 2006 viewsDyland

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:06 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Agree on both sides.

We've basically given them £750k for nothing, JD has had a nice payrise which we will be picking up the tab for and they still have him! With the crap FA Cup performance enabling them to eanr another few hundred thousand, plus taking 2k fans there they must absolutely love us!

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 2003 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:18 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

If only it were £1.2m:

Taylor Terms Agreed 30th Aug 2012 20:10
Town are understood to have agreed personal terms with Peterborough United striker Paul Taylor and the 24-year-old looks set to sign for the Blues well before Friday night's deadline. 85

He was next on my list after Karic.

Gosh, i really hope that did not get up to £2.5M. Wonder if Phil can confirm, but that was a shocking signing. Played a few games and looked rubbish, despised by the dressing room.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:57 - Jan 18 with 2000 viewschicoazul

Donacien back to Accrington Stanley on loan. on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

We overpaid for a fairly average player who, on balance, probably had a detrimental effect on the entire team but in comparison to the other names in this thread he was brilliant.

HAha, yes fair comment.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024