Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Germans have finally twigged 13:15 - Jan 18 with 9949 viewsjjblue84

They need us more than we need them, their economy is screwed, the Euro project set for a terrible year, come on Theresa pull your finger out!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46918009
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:18 - Jan 18 with 3140 viewsm14_blue

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:15 - Jan 18 by No9

If you recall before the 2010 election the oppostition were making lots of noises about regenerating the high street - they did notning once in government in fact by handing out taxpayers money to the likes of Amazon they made maters worse.

But it sin't just the high street it is other enterprises that are moving out of the UK that is becoming a problem.

In all fairness, LL’s right, the demise of the high street isn’t really down to politics.

I’m not sure what the answer is but, like almost all of the problems we face as a country, leaving the EU certainly isn’t going to help.
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:23 - Jan 18 with 3136 viewsWhymarkmariner

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:09 - Jan 18 by jjblue84

Someone else who didn’t notice Britain lost the war in 1940 when they got in their little boats and fled, being nobly defended by the brave French!

Pardon me. I stupidly thought the war lasted from 1939 to 1945.
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:26 - Jan 18 with 3104 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:18 - Jan 18 by m14_blue

In all fairness, LL’s right, the demise of the high street isn’t really down to politics.

I’m not sure what the answer is but, like almost all of the problems we face as a country, leaving the EU certainly isn’t going to help.

Well, politics has played it's part. York Uni issued a paper revealing how much money had gone to companies like Amazon.
Then more recently the government increased business rates which only encouraged more companies to close.

LL is right the government needs to address otherwise the high street will die but brexit is only going to makes things worse
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 3068 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:35 - Jan 18 by Blue_Moses

I know a few who have been made redundant just in the past few months

One of the dishonest things about this is that over the past months with tens of thousands of people losing thair jobs Carrillion + 800 other firms a considerable number of those chucked out of work are self employed so don't count
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:51 - Jan 18 with 3087 viewsmanchego

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:07 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

The Germans will be chasing us down the street for a deal.

As will the others.

What about The European army? There isn't an army in Europe on the same level as UK - despite being decimated by cutbacks.

Who is going to form this wondrous army and how many gears will their tanks need?

Let me guess, you're the fat guy in 'Dad's Army' right ?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 16:52]
The Germans have finally twigged on 17:11 - Jan 18 with 3068 viewsLord_Lucan

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:51 - Jan 18 by manchego

I'm Wilson

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Germans have finally twigged on 17:15 - Jan 18 with 3059 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:23 - Jan 18 by Whymarkmariner

Pardon me. I stupidly thought the war lasted from 1939 to 1945.

Well done!
The Germans have finally twigged on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 3020 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:51 - Jan 18 by manchego

None of these EU countries needs to chase the Uk for a deal they already control our critical industries
Login to get fewer ads

The Germans have finally twigged on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 3019 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 17:11 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

I'm Wilson

Hmmm!
The Germans have finally twigged on 18:42 - Jan 18 with 2991 viewsbahri

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:48 - Jan 18 by No9

One of the dishonest things about this is that over the past months with tens of thousands of people losing thair jobs Carrillion + 800 other firms a considerable number of those chucked out of work are self employed so don't count

Carillion was down to dreadful management.

redandella

YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 18:45 - Jan 18 with 2992 viewsunstableblue

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:04 - Jan 18 by Whymarkmariner

In my very humble opinion the French have very short memories. If it wasn't for the little old UK the World or a large portion of it would have been under the rule of the Germans. We as a nation are probably one of the most diverse in the World, we welcome peoples from all nations and are in the main far less racist than the Americans. The biggest problem in this Country is that our leaders of Industry are all to willing to sell up great British Companies for a fast buck and Governments have stood by and let it happen. Unions ruined this Country in the 70's with silly industrial actions. I'm not against Unions and believe they have a place to not allow Companies to get away with poor working conditions and pay and I believe that over the last say 10 to 15 years many of the things that were won by Unions have been eroded away whilst greedy bosses have feathered their own nests. Also in my opinion there isn't a Government fit to rule in this Country. The EU has overseen the demise of Greece although we all know that their tax system was a complete joke. Britain is being held to ransom by the EU over Brexit because if they gave us an easy ride other Countries would follow.

“If it wasn't for the little old UK the World or a large portion of it would have been under the rule of the Germans.”

Are you really referencing WW2? Really.

OK - well one of the whole points of the EU is to promote such integration between member states that another WW2 can never happen.

But let’s also be absolutely clear Germany lost WW2 not because of the UK - yes we brilliantly fended them off with our pluck and channel; and with our US colleagues we helped finish them off. But it was Russia and the Eastern front and Hitlers refusal to consolidate and to carry on into a disastrous winter campaign pushing east.

But again why are you talking about WW2.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 2970 viewsWhymarkmariner

YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 18:45 - Jan 18 by unstableblue

“If it wasn't for the little old UK the World or a large portion of it would have been under the rule of the Germans.”

Are you really referencing WW2? Really.

OK - well one of the whole points of the EU is to promote such integration between member states that another WW2 can never happen.

But let’s also be absolutely clear Germany lost WW2 not because of the UK - yes we brilliantly fended them off with our pluck and channel; and with our US colleagues we helped finish them off. But it was Russia and the Eastern front and Hitlers refusal to consolidate and to carry on into a disastrous winter campaign pushing east.

But again why are you talking about WW2.

I was merely pointing out the ungratefulness of our so called allies across the English Channel. Even the French don't like Macron. He's a jumped up little turd who should concentrate on selling his smelly cheese and butt out of trying to cripple the UK with his Brexit demands.
YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 19:00 - Jan 18 with 2963 viewsm14_blue

YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 18:58 - Jan 18 by Whymarkmariner

I was merely pointing out the ungratefulness of our so called allies across the English Channel. Even the French don't like Macron. He's a jumped up little turd who should concentrate on selling his smelly cheese and butt out of trying to cripple the UK with his Brexit demands.

The world has moved on, you should try to do the same.
The Germans have finally twigged on 19:50 - Jan 18 with 2936 viewslinhdi

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:09 - Jan 18 by jjblue84

Someone else who didn’t notice Britain lost the war in 1940 when they got in their little boats and fled, being nobly defended by the brave French!

As the Germans put it, Russia and the USA won WW2. We had a bit part.
The Germans have finally twigged on 19:51 - Jan 18 with 2929 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 19:50 - Jan 18 by linhdi

You don’t need to be German to work that out!
YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 19:52 - Jan 18 with 2928 viewsDarth_Koont

YOU FECKIN WHAT? on 18:58 - Jan 18 by Whymarkmariner

Jesus wept. What do they have to be ungrateful for compared to what we have to be grateful for?

You might think about the horrors the French as a nation went through, not just as a military force, but as a people and the sacrifices that they made over THREE brutal LAND wars (the Franco-Prussian war was the prequel to all this). Ditto the huge forces and violent changes that shaped post-Industrial Revolution Germany, Italy and even Spain. Then there's Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands caught in between and at the mercy of other more powerful ambitions.

If that's not enough, there's the revolution in Russia that ripped apart a way of life for millions and turned the lives of all the Eastern European states on the edges of that empire upside down.

Oh, and we fecked over Ireland to the point that in 1939 they were still weighing up the threat of invasion from Nazi Germany or the UK.

I'm not for one minute minimizing the loss of British military and civilian life in the two World Wars. But the change and trauma mainland Europe has gone through over the past 150 years is incomprehensible to us Brits.

So drop the triumphalist bullsh!t that's been afforded us by sitting on an inaccessible island. And not having to deal with reality but go off and impose our own version.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Germans have finally twigged on 22:20 - Jan 18 with 2851 viewsBinner

The false axiom "They need us more than we need them" seems stupider every time I see or hear it, and it was really moronic the first time.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

The Germans have finally twigged on 22:56 - Jan 18 with 2827 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 22:20 - Jan 18 by Binner

The false axiom "They need us more than we need them" seems stupider every time I see or hear it, and it was really moronic the first time.

Another perfectly constructed Remoaner argument!!
The Germans have finally twigged on 23:08 - Jan 18 with 2819 viewsDarth_Koont

The Germans have finally twigged on 22:56 - Jan 18 by jjblue84

Another perfectly constructed Remoaner argument!!

Eh? It's not a partisan argument ... "They need us more than we need them" hasn't made any sense from day one.

Unless you can't count or you believe in fairy tales.

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:16 - Jan 18 with 2811 viewsLord_Lucan

The Germans have finally twigged on 19:50 - Jan 18 by linhdi

A large part actually and whilst I don’t ever harp on about this sort of thing and I deplore war, I do find it distasteful when people put down our effort and influence. It may be fashionable to limit your countries past but why not say nothing rather than potentially offend those old enough to have close family who died in the war.

I

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:30 - Jan 18 with 2796 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:08 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

Eh? It's not a partisan argument ... "They need us more than we need them" hasn't made any sense from day one.

Unless you can't count or you believe in fairy tales.

It’s the continual arrogance you had to admire most!
The Germans have finally twigged on 23:38 - Jan 18 with 2784 viewsDarth_Koont

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:30 - Jan 18 by jjblue84

I deserve a whoosh. Your impression of a slogan-wielding Brexiteer was too accurate.

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:45 - Jan 18 with 2771 viewsBinner

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:30 - Jan 18 by jjblue84

The person who seems to think "They need us more than we need them" is accusing others of arrogance. Just WOW!

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:55 - Jan 18 with 2763 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:45 - Jan 18 by Binner

The person who seems to think "They need us more than we need them" is accusing others of arrogance. Just WOW!

The beginning of the end of the EU, it’s going to be beautiful!
The Germans have finally twigged on 00:39 - Jan 19 with 2734 viewswkj

The Germans have finally twigged on 23:45 - Jan 18 by Binner

Clearly just someone trying to have a daft laugh innit - at least he's enjoying it anyway.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024