Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans 14:00 - Jan 18 with 4708 viewsBoxerBlue

At the beginning of the month I couldn’t stand the bloke and was absolutely furious about what was happening to our great club with him in charge and couldn’t honestly see any way forward other than for him to go/sell

Fast forward a few weeks and he is SLOWLY winning me over with the transfers ie Collins Judge Quaner Keane the news coming out of
the club all very positive uniting the club etc

Still a long way too go but here’s hoping for more of the same

COYB!

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Marcus Evans on 15:11 - Jan 18 with 1691 viewsdavblue

Marcus Evans on 14:18 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

It's because Evans has never been the one to blame.

He provides his trust in his managers.

He gave the fans what they wanted. Trusted that man and it went tits up.

Now we have a competent manager

I didn't hear "fans" saying that Hurst should be appointed before he was linked.

When the fans saw his previous body of work most were encouraged but no fans were calling for Hurst from the off, that was Evans decision which was wrong.
Marcus Evans on 15:15 - Jan 18 with 1685 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:08 - Jan 18 by wkj

Keane's promotion wasn't exactly covered in glory at the time, a very very very very long list of transfers, a number of them were questionable - so he brute forced it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/5207753/Roy-Keane-

Jewel had been out of the management game for so so long, and his last season in the game before us was an utter balls up of epic proportions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/16/paul-jewell-derby-county

Hurst, one might be able to be a bit more forgiving about, though Evans gave him far too free reign of the club and had no one vetting his transfers, except maybe Mr Magoo.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:10]

All managerial appointments for championship clubs tend to be managers who've had rough times at others. Look at Lambert now... And we still don't know how this is going to pan out.. afterall results wise. Only 2 wins .

Mick himself wasn't covered in glory.

Was sir Bobby a flawed hiring? Clearly not following his achievements. But at the point of hiring....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Marcus Evans on 15:23 - Jan 18 with 1676 viewsEireannach_gorm

Marcus Evans on 14:48 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

The second scourge of the modern age is the inability to back down and concede in a dispute when your position is proved untenable.

The Trump principle?
Marcus Evans on 15:23 - Jan 18 with 1676 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:15 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

All managerial appointments for championship clubs tend to be managers who've had rough times at others. Look at Lambert now... And we still don't know how this is going to pan out.. afterall results wise. Only 2 wins .

Mick himself wasn't covered in glory.

Was sir Bobby a flawed hiring? Clearly not following his achievements. But at the point of hiring....

Marcus Evans had nothing to do with the hiring of Bobby Robson, so - that is entirely not relatable relevance to the discussion of Evans' short comings.

I never mentioned Mick McCarthy as one of the three managers he balls'd up. If you are referring to the difference in he and Keane, well experience and activity in the game made that hire more understandable, Keane was very unproven on the whole.

As for Lambert, well, I am not sure what the mention of him has to do with my points made originally about

1. Investment when we needed it the most. 2. Three moron managers being hired and 3. Not having a football minded person vetting things properly.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:24]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Marcus Evans on 15:24 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewsDeano69

Marcus Evans on 14:17 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

"We're going to try something different"

And it would mean we finally got out of this league

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Marcus Evans on 15:29 - Jan 18 with 1663 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:23 - Jan 18 by wkj

Marcus Evans had nothing to do with the hiring of Bobby Robson, so - that is entirely not relatable relevance to the discussion of Evans' short comings.

I never mentioned Mick McCarthy as one of the three managers he balls'd up. If you are referring to the difference in he and Keane, well experience and activity in the game made that hire more understandable, Keane was very unproven on the whole.

As for Lambert, well, I am not sure what the mention of him has to do with my points made originally about

1. Investment when we needed it the most. 2. Three moron managers being hired and 3. Not having a football minded person vetting things properly.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:24]

Because at the time of hiring those 3 mentioned were no different to others that we have had at the time of hiring.
In fact the best of the 3.... Hurst. Turned out to be the worst.

By your logic.. Hurst was the ideal manager as he had no flaws when appointed..... Yet you include him in the 3... It doesn't work. Either he was a flawed manager. But only because of his end results. And none of the three including Hurst can be called flawed managers on the basis of their hiring.

So I mentioned Lambert... Is he a flawed hiring? Or have we got to wait to see what he does before he is labelled a flawed hiring?

And clearly Evans didn't hire Sir Bobby. But he wasn't a 'great choice' of manager... But it turned out as we know superbly well... But was he a flawed hiring?

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 1658 viewschicoazul

Marcus Evans on 14:41 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Rightfully your opionion.

I can see why he went for those 3 managers. Not that I agree but I can understand why.

At the time Keane was hot property after taking Sunderland up and Evans backed him financially

Jewell had experience and in fairness signed some good players but didn't work out.

Hurst was pretty much 99% of this boards vote for manager so can't really see how Evans can be blamed

New contract extensions were handed out during that 2015 seasons. That's investment. Mick also did bring in some players. There's a limit to all investment as we've seen. Doesn't mean he doesn't it's just there is a limit. Hence for me of that limit is reached then the fault isn't his to take.

The only gripe I agree with is he football running side. But when you have someone like a Mick involved and heavily involved maybe he didn't want interference, something Mick kept saying about the positives of just being left alone.

Evans also spoke with various managers regarding managerial replacements. Including Mick himself.

That's my view. But I appreciate yours.

Hopefully now regardless of how weve seen it before, everything can be seen as positive going forwards.

Literally amazing that people don't blame Evans for the mistakes made by the Managers he himself appointed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marcus Evans on 15:39 - Jan 18 with 1652 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:36 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

Literally amazing that people don't blame Evans for the mistakes made by the Managers he himself appointed.

Why should we

If Lambert kept us up and got us promoted. We wouldn't be seeing well done Evans. It'll be well done Paul.

So in that same respect. If a manager fks up that's the managers fault.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans on 15:41 - Jan 18 with 1650 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:29 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Because at the time of hiring those 3 mentioned were no different to others that we have had at the time of hiring.
In fact the best of the 3.... Hurst. Turned out to be the worst.

By your logic.. Hurst was the ideal manager as he had no flaws when appointed..... Yet you include him in the 3... It doesn't work. Either he was a flawed manager. But only because of his end results. And none of the three including Hurst can be called flawed managers on the basis of their hiring.

So I mentioned Lambert... Is he a flawed hiring? Or have we got to wait to see what he does before he is labelled a flawed hiring?

And clearly Evans didn't hire Sir Bobby. But he wasn't a 'great choice' of manager... But it turned out as we know superbly well... But was he a flawed hiring?

What makes a manager flawed by my logic is they were crap.

What makes a management decision flawed, well, I have explained that and provided contest from articles written at the time.

As for Lambert and Sir Bobby Robson, they have nothing to do with Evans' previous failures, so I havn't a lot to say about that.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 15:44 - Jan 18 with 1647 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:39 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Why should we

If Lambert kept us up and got us promoted. We wouldn't be seeing well done Evans. It'll be well done Paul.

So in that same respect. If a manager fks up that's the managers fault.

*Here is where you are fundamentally wrong, and you might need to read my first comment again. I never said I would never forgive Evans, but he's got a way to go until I can praise him for much.

*If Lambert kept us up and promoted, I think you'll find it is only natural Evans' support will shift by proxy.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:45]

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 15:45 - Jan 18 with 1644 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:41 - Jan 18 by wkj

What makes a manager flawed by my logic is they were crap.

What makes a management decision flawed, well, I have explained that and provided contest from articles written at the time.

As for Lambert and Sir Bobby Robson, they have nothing to do with Evans' previous failures, so I havn't a lot to say about that.

But Lambert could end up sht... Under Evans. So it would help your argument... Is Lambert a flawed hiring ?
As technically he has a history same as Roy and Jewell did.

If your not going to include him as a flawed hiring. Then you can not blame Evans for those 3 managers as he did exactly what he has done with Lambert and taken a risk on a manager with a few issues at previous clubs..

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 1640 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:45 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

But Lambert could end up sht... Under Evans. So it would help your argument... Is Lambert a flawed hiring ?
As technically he has a history same as Roy and Jewell did.

If your not going to include him as a flawed hiring. Then you can not blame Evans for those 3 managers as he did exactly what he has done with Lambert and taken a risk on a manager with a few issues at previous clubs..

What ifs are irrelevant to this particular assessment of Evans.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 15:53 - Jan 18 with 1631 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:46 - Jan 18 by wkj

What ifs are irrelevant to this particular assessment of Evans.

They aren't irrelevant.

You either blame him for hiring managers with dodgy history. And that includes Lambert and Mick.

Or you don't and you appreciate he's taking another risk with Lambert just like he did with Mick and the other 3 and no blame can be put on him for hiring these managers ( not based on their success or failures). It's all about the hiring.

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 15:59 - Jan 18 with 1621 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:53 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

They aren't irrelevant.

You either blame him for hiring managers with dodgy history. And that includes Lambert and Mick.

Or you don't and you appreciate he's taking another risk with Lambert just like he did with Mick and the other 3 and no blame can be put on him for hiring these managers ( not based on their success or failures). It's all about the hiring.

Lambert is clearly in the wait and see stage as far as results go, though he has worked hard to galvanise fan and club relations, more so than the Chairman has managed to do in a decade at the club. This gives Lambert a clear advantage over the 3 managers that were flawed signings.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 16:03 - Jan 18 with 1617 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 15:59 - Jan 18 by wkj

Lambert is clearly in the wait and see stage as far as results go, though he has worked hard to galvanise fan and club relations, more so than the Chairman has managed to do in a decade at the club. This gives Lambert a clear advantage over the 3 managers that were flawed signings.

See the flawed word again.

Flawed after their hirings

So Evans can't be blamed for hiring them in the first place . They just didn't work out.
Same as we still don't know what Lambert is going to do... If he fails. Is Evans to blame for hiring lambert?

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 16:24 - Jan 18 with 1609 viewsBoxerBlue

Marcus Evans on 14:59 - Jan 18 by xrayspecs

I suspect that says more about you than it does about Marcus Evans

In what way exactly?

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Marcus Evans on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 1600 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 16:03 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

See the flawed word again.

Flawed after their hirings

So Evans can't be blamed for hiring them in the first place . They just didn't work out.
Same as we still don't know what Lambert is going to do... If he fails. Is Evans to blame for hiring lambert?

Well, he can be blamed for hiring them, because he did. What is flawed is this discussion now, you clearly disagree with the evidence provided and discarded it as opinions, well, that's on you then - no skin off of my nose.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024