Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? 16:39 - Jan 18 with 3556 viewsKeaneish

Its possibly the only bewildering decision PL has made so far and the only one we can look at with any raised eyebrows, isn;t it?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 16:40]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:44 - Jan 18 with 3526 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've fully bought into the Paul Lambert project but Donacien doesn't seem to have been given a fair crack at the whip since his arrival.

It was bizarre that he didn't even make the bench at Accrington.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:45 - Jan 18 with 3524 viewsOsborneOneNil

Agreed mate. Looked far better than Spence when I saw him.
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:46 - Jan 18 with 3523 viewsnshearman1

The answer to the question must be - pretty bad. I don’t think he ever played him, which feels somewhat harsh and PL must be confident of his judgment having brought in Elder who is pretty similar to Kenlock and didn’t look like our biggest priority problem (I always thought his calling him a CH was a smokescreen).
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:49 - Jan 18 with 3495 viewswkj

I don't question a lot about Lambert, but his management of Donacien is a puzzler for sure, I didn't think he was dreadful by no means, just average at best.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:52 - Jan 18 with 3476 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think Lambert just knows what he wants. He wants where possible dynamic full backs and having had Donacian at two different clubs and seen him play everyday by the way he knows he isnt what he's after. Spence isn't the answer either but Lambert probably at least feels he fits the style of play better. Spence more than anything just has terrible concentration lapses for me. He has at times looked a.good player in the past but so lacking in consistency. He must be replaced but the scapegoating goes to far sometimes too.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 23:13 - Jan 18 with 3257 viewsKeaneish

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:52 - Jan 18 by Terry_Nutkins

I think Lambert just knows what he wants. He wants where possible dynamic full backs and having had Donacian at two different clubs and seen him play everyday by the way he knows he isnt what he's after. Spence isn't the answer either but Lambert probably at least feels he fits the style of play better. Spence more than anything just has terrible concentration lapses for me. He has at times looked a.good player in the past but so lacking in consistency. He must be replaced but the scapegoating goes to far sometimes too.

But Donacien is far more dynamic than Pennington in that role and in my opinion, Spence too. Now we're in the position where a 21 year old who has far less competitive experience is being brought in as cover instead of a player who has actually faired relatively we at RB. Weird.

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 23:16 - Jan 18 with 3246 viewsKieran_Knows

I appreciate he was much younger at Villa, but wonder if PL had an opinion of him at Villa (not good enough, or something along those lines), and he’s just carried on that opinion here?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 23:43 - Jan 18 with 3179 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 23:16 - Jan 18 by Kieran_Knows

I appreciate he was much younger at Villa, but wonder if PL had an opinion of him at Villa (not good enough, or something along those lines), and he’s just carried on that opinion here?

I don't doubt he may have had that opinion but why would he shoot himself in the foot by not even having a look. I just don't think he's good enough. Nothing more. He has come from L2 and hasnt been able to step up. I found his and Roberts signing the most concerning by hurst and the othe short centre back hurst was in for. Physically not there and without the footballing ability to make up for lack of stature.

Login to get fewer ads

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 23:47 - Jan 18 with 3169 viewsKeaneish

Off all the players at the club that PL inherited, Jordan Graham was gone instantly and Donacien ostrerisiced. Graham was bobbins to be fair but Donacien? Donacien gets forward and recovers pretty we from the games I've seen so I'd have thought he was in the PL full back mould. Again. Weird.

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 01:49 - Jan 19 with 3079 viewsLeagueOne

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 16:44 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

I've fully bought into the Paul Lambert project but Donacien doesn't seem to have been given a fair crack at the whip since his arrival.

It was bizarre that he didn't even make the bench at Accrington.

Have any of you seen him play? Seriously? He's not very good, thats why he's not been picked, why we were exclusively bottom and rubbish while he was in the team and why he's been sent back to the third division. Why keep up this myth? Donacien isn't good enough. PL knows more than you do about this.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 03:10 - Jan 19 with 3031 viewsBonchosBicycle

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 01:49 - Jan 19 by LeagueOne

Have any of you seen him play? Seriously? He's not very good, thats why he's not been picked, why we were exclusively bottom and rubbish while he was in the team and why he's been sent back to the third division. Why keep up this myth? Donacien isn't good enough. PL knows more than you do about this.

I watched all the games he played and he was very good in some of them. Adomah may as well have been on the bench for Villa the way he kept him out of the game. He also looked decent against Derby. He's hardly the reason we were...and still are...bottom. Considering the issues we've had at right back, his sending to Siberia is somewhat mystifying. Lambert clearly has baggage with him.
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 03:13 - Jan 19 with 3026 viewsharlingblue

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 01:49 - Jan 19 by LeagueOne

LeagueOne, have you actually seen him play?
We are not bottom of the league because of his performances, he has hardly played, and when picked by Hurst, hardly ever played in his rightful position at RIGHT BACK, when played in that position he looked good in a poor Town team.
PL seems to hold a grudge with him from the past? never gave him a chance at right back, instead using Spence, who despite being quite a good footballer, lacks concentration to be the complete defender, costing us several goals in the meantime. To be fair on Spence, he is good in a back three.
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 07:45 - Jan 19 with 2904 viewschristiand

This is what I feel. He didn’t mess about with Jordan Graham either and he managed him at Wolves previously.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 07:53 - Jan 19 with 2884 viewsKieran_Knows

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 07:45 - Jan 19 by christiand

This is what I feel. He didn’t mess about with Jordan Graham either and he managed him at Wolves previously.

My thinking as well. The whole, ‘I see JD as a centre half, always have done’, seems strange as he’s a right back by trade but got his move to ITFC because he had excelled at left back for ASFC!

Hey ho, it’s a shame, but suppose we’ll just have to trust PL on this one.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 08:10 - Jan 19 with 2849 viewsjas0999

I don’t think we have a decent right back at the club. Spence is so very poor. Donacien not much better. Probably an okay CB - but we have options there. A loan will do him good. IF we go down he may be a regular at CB next season.
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 08:23 - Jan 19 with 2818 viewsBluearmy71

One would suggest the method in the madness here is to get him out playing the games coming back at the end of the season with a renewed confidence for the pre season so PL can see him at the top of hid game rather than a substantial low ebb he must be playing under at present.

But its the age old question , who are we to judge the decisions on players when we don't see them train day in and day out and can only guess how they are feeling confidence wise.
Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 2717 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 07:53 - Jan 19 by Kieran_Knows

My thinking as well. The whole, ‘I see JD as a centre half, always have done’, seems strange as he’s a right back by trade but got his move to ITFC because he had excelled at left back for ASFC!

Hey ho, it’s a shame, but suppose we’ll just have to trust PL on this one.

No he's a Centre Back primarily who had converted to full back more recently. I don't get why there always has to be conspiracy. He wasn't suddenly dropped by Lambert. Hurst didn't particularly fancy him himself. He's just not good enough or maybe if we want to give benefit of doubt he's not ready.

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 10:34 - Jan 19 with 2673 viewschristiand

Exactly how bad does PL think Donacien is? on 10:05 - Jan 19 by Terry_Nutkins

No he's a Centre Back primarily who had converted to full back more recently. I don't get why there always has to be conspiracy. He wasn't suddenly dropped by Lambert. Hurst didn't particularly fancy him himself. He's just not good enough or maybe if we want to give benefit of doubt he's not ready.

It's a forum,topics like this leads to discussion amongst us all. It's as simple as that!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024