Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... 07:31 - Jan 19 with 9968 viewsbluesym

COYB

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:20 - Jan 19 with 3095 viewsportmanroadblue

Nice gesture, would have been better if he or the players repaid those who went to Accrington.
Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:27 - Jan 19 with 3082 viewsbluesym

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:20 - Jan 19 by portmanroadblue

Nice gesture, would have been better if he or the players repaid those who went to Accrington.

I went to Accrington and as with the many other awful away performances ive suffered i have never once thought i should be entitled to some sort of refund.I really am against that opinion of people who do.

This is just a simple yet fantastic gesture by Lambert/the club and should be seen as that and not over analysed in my opinion.

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:38 - Jan 19 with 3039 viewsEastTownBlue

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:27 - Jan 19 by bluesym

I went to Accrington and as with the many other awful away performances ive suffered i have never once thought i should be entitled to some sort of refund.I really am against that opinion of people who do.

This is just a simple yet fantastic gesture by Lambert/the club and should be seen as that and not over analysed in my opinion.

I don’t want a refund from the Accrington trip either.

I presume this is a reflection of the compensation culture. I don’t recall those who watched us during 1994 and 1995 asking for refunds.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 10:38]
Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:41 - Jan 19 with 3024 viewsITFC_Forever

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:20 - Jan 19 by portmanroadblue

Why?

Result apart, I thoroughly enjoyed that day.

And every time you buy a ticket for a football game (especially our away games), there’s every chance it could be crap. It’s the risk you take.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:41 - Jan 19 with 3022 viewsBluefish

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:27 - Jan 19 by bluesym

I went to Lincoln, Man Utd and Accrington. I didn't want my money back for Any of them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:42 - Jan 19 with 3024 viewsbluesym

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:38 - Jan 19 by EastTownBlue

I don’t want a refund from the Accrington trip either.

I presume this is a reflection of the compensation culture. I don’t recall those who watched us during 1994 and 1995 asking for refunds.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 10:38]

I still have nightmares from my trip to Wrexham in the FA Cup!

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:44 - Jan 19 with 3012 viewsstrikalite

Agree, just hope all Town fans can see that even if he did this for just one fan alone(although he hasn't) then that gesture alone is enough to build bridges...let's not undo that by expecting...
Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:47 - Jan 19 with 3008 viewsDubtractor

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:41 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

I went to Lincoln, Man Utd and Accrington. I didn't want my money back for Any of them

Back in the 90s I bought tickets to the home game against brum on Boxing Day for my dad and brothers for a Christmas day out. We were awful and lost one nil to a Jon McCarthy goal direct from a corner.

I'm still sore from that expensive day out and wouldn't mind if I got my money back.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:50 - Jan 19 with 2987 viewsBluefish

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:47 - Jan 19 by Dubtractor

Back in the 90s I bought tickets to the home game against brum on Boxing Day for my dad and brothers for a Christmas day out. We were awful and lost one nil to a Jon McCarthy goal direct from a corner.

I'm still sore from that expensive day out and wouldn't mind if I got my money back.

That seems reasonable enough to me.

I did a stadium tour in 2011 but I had an operation on my arm 2 days before and it was really cold so didn't end up being all I had hoped for. I would like a refund for that as well

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:51 - Jan 19 with 2985 viewsITFC_Forever

Back to the original point, how exactly did this work?

Was there also a brown envelope on every seat with the £37 in? And what if you are a child / senior citizen? How did the coach company know which seat to put the right envelope on?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 2984 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sorry to sound negative.

But my issue with this is, whilst a nice touch. What about those who travel to every away game by car or train... What makes them less important.

I'm all for PR. But this for me is going to far as its not fair to everyone. Are you only important if you sit on. Acoach?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:00 - Jan 19 with 2970 viewsbluewein

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:56 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry to sound negative.

But my issue with this is, whilst a nice touch. What about those who travel to every away game by car or train... What makes them less important.

I'm all for PR. But this for me is going to far as its not fair to everyone. Are you only important if you sit on. Acoach?

If you want to sit and work out every penny that every fan has spent today on travel, then you crack on.

Fk me, this is going to go off like the season ticket holders blubbing that they don't get a fair deal when the cheap games come up...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:03 - Jan 19 with 2965 viewsFrimleyBlue

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:00 - Jan 19 by bluewein

If you want to sit and work out every penny that every fan has spent today on travel, then you crack on.

Fk me, this is going to go off like the season ticket holders blubbing that they don't get a fair deal when the cheap games come up...

But sometimes it's better not to do a bit of PR for the sake of it that's how I feel with this.

One of Ipswich mates drives to every away game.. he's feeling a little bit pssed off by it. And I can see why.
He's not saying he deserves anything and he's not asking for it... But why do those who pay for coach travel ( cheaper than driving) get theirs paid for. It's the same effort.

Waka waka eh eh

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:04 - Jan 19 with 2957 viewsBluefish

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:51 - Jan 19 by ITFC_Forever

Back to the original point, how exactly did this work?

Was there also a brown envelope on every seat with the £37 in? And what if you are a child / senior citizen? How did the coach company know which seat to put the right envelope on?

What happens if someone used their 50% off voucher for this game? I have mine to 12th man, does he owe me a refund too?

Someone is going to be going to the papers hard done by with a sad face in the photo

oh dear on 11:06 - Jan 19 with 2950 viewsDyland

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 10:56 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

Sorry to sound negative.

They aren't less important. It's a simple matter of the club having the details of people booking seats on coaches organised by the, er, club.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:07 - Jan 19 with 2941 viewsBluefish

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:03 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

But sometimes it's better not to do a bit of PR for the sake of it that's how I feel with this.

One of Ipswich mates drives to every away game.. he's feeling a little bit pssed off by it. And I can see why.
He's not saying he deserves anything and he's not asking for it... But why do those who pay for coach travel ( cheaper than driving) get theirs paid for. It's the same effort.

You haven't been to any games so not really sure why you are bothered. I drive to games and my free travel after Lincoln was therefore pointless (still can't believe they semt me it) but I can see that this is the easiest way for the club to manage it. I really expex t nothing and I not disappointed. Anyone complaining is an utter cockwomble

oh dear on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 2942 viewsFrimleyBlue

oh dear on 11:06 - Jan 19 by Dyland

They aren't less important. It's a simple matter of the club having the details of people booking seats on coaches organised by the, er, club.

I know this... I just find it a piece of PR not needed. The open letter yesturday was fine. It covered all supporters.

There's always a risk of to much and it starts to look desperate.

Waka waka eh eh

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 2935 viewsbluesym

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:03 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

Because it was far easier to refund a service which is supplied by the club id imagine?

Its a shame that some people are getting their knickers in a twist over it, but i am not surprised.i just hope those people are a tiny minority.

oh dear on 11:09 - Jan 19 with 2931 viewsBluefish

oh dear on 11:06 - Jan 19 by Dyland

He is upset about a refund that is given to other people and could never have affected him regardless of how it was given and whether it was given. That is the most frimley thing I've ever seen

you silly sod x on 11:10 - Jan 19 with 2931 viewsDyland

oh dear on 11:08 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

I know this... I just find it a piece of PR not needed. The open letter yesturday was fine. It covered all supporters.

There's always a risk of to much and it starts to look desperate.

(shakes head with mouth agape)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 2927 viewsFrimleyBlue

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:07 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

You haven't been to any games so not really sure why you are bothered. I drive to games and my free travel after Lincoln was therefore pointless (still can't believe they semt me it) but I can see that this is the easiest way for the club to manage it. I really expex t nothing and I not disappointed. Anyone complaining is an utter cockwomble

Not sure why me not going is an issue I haven't said I'm pssed off.

I just think the PR motion is in over drive at the moment. And it's not imo needed at these current levels.

Waka waka eh eh

oh dear on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 2921 viewsFrimleyBlue

oh dear on 11:09 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

He is upset about a refund that is given to other people and could never have affected him regardless of how it was given and whether it was given. That is the most frimley thing I've ever seen

Who's upset? What he's done doesn't effect me and I have no issue with it personally

Do I think the PR is getting silly. Yes.

Waka waka eh eh

you silly sod x on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 2920 viewsbluewein

you silly sod x on 11:10 - Jan 19 by Dyland

(shakes head with mouth agape)

Boo! Why isn't Lambert personally going round to every fan who's ever been to a game, laying their head on his lap, stroking their hair and telling them they're pretty..?!!

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 2914 viewsBluefish

Brilliant stuff again from Lambert and ITFC here.... on 11:11 - Jan 19 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure why me not going is an issue I haven't said I'm pssed off.

I just think the PR motion is in over drive at the moment. And it's not imo needed at these current levels.

I don't really understand with it has got to do with you. My local women's institute gave away free cakes to some members the other day but another week others paid. It would be weird if I complained about it on their website

you silly sod x on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 2913 viewsFrimleyBlue

you silly sod x on 11:13 - Jan 19 by bluewein

Boo! Why isn't Lambert personally going round to every fan who's ever been to a game, laying their head on his lap, stroking their hair and telling them they're pretty..?!!

He wrote an open letter to all supporters only yesturday.

So he's done his personal thanks to all.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024