Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' 09:09 - Jan 19 with 8103 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

I keep reading this sort of thing on here:

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL'

What on earth are these people on about?

We've had a turnover of 20 players in 6 months and since PL started he's done an amazing job all round, including the introduction of a completely different style of football which is incredible considering how awful it was for the previous 6 years or so.

Just as impressive is how he, and ME I'd suspect, have also started to reconnect with the fans in a big way, which again was a massive ask after the mess MM left in relation to this side of things.

The video kicking around of those lads singing and bouncing around in the north stand concourse after the Rotherham game I presume, are just great. First thing I did with that one was share it with everyone on my mobile phone cos I've started to feel a bit more proud to be an ITFC fan again.

The other video where the camera man is on the pitch and PL starts pointing at the team as if to say the players should take the credit is also really really good to see.

Last of all, Monday mornings are starting to be a bit more bearable when I get to work. The Leeds fan in my ear hasn't had as much to say lately!

Long way to go but results will come good sooner rather than later.

[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 9:11]
'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 697 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 11:50 - Jan 19 by urbanblue

It's not just optimism it's about passion as well. It's 10.40pm here and I'm about to go to bed and set the alarm for 1.45am to get up and watch the game at 2am. That's me every week now wheras last season I only did it about six times!! My total passion for our club has returned ... I thank Lambert for that although there is a feeling that if we get out of this it will be one of the greatest achievements on our history and I want to be part of it ... Who'd have thought that!

As regards Lamberts record on the pitch ... I don't think we can look at that until it is HIS team but I have the utmost confidence in him.

Anyway ... Goodnight and see you soon!

Yay, a fellow optimist!

Exactly this.
'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 692 viewsPauLambertIsABlue

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 12:30 - Jan 19 by PauLambertIsABlue

Yay, a fellow optimist!

Exactly this.

I use to go to all games home and away up until the end of the season before last and just stopped going because everything was rubbish. Worst of all was the god awful style of football. MM's behaviour towards the fans, some fans behaviour back as a result. Didn't renew season ticket last year. There use to be three of us, my dad and his mate. Dad didn't for the same reason as me, MM. His mate out of protest as he fell into that 60-65 age range that got stiffed over the concessions which was also disgraceful. He'll never come back but this year we renewed as we always intended to when MM left. Started going to away games this season and I too feel over the last few weeks I've got my team back and quality time with my Dad which I hate MM and ME for taking away.
Confidence is the point though on 12:33 - Jan 19 with 691 viewspointofblue

Confidence is the point though on 12:02 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

I'm not sure if people felt that way about that squad at the time. They were dreadful.

Well in DJ Campbell alone Jewell left Mick with someone who could score goals which is more than can be said for this season!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 13:16 - Jan 19 with 682 viewsTrequartista

Results trump everything else. He hasn't hit the ground running on results. He may start running now he has hit the ground, but at the point of contact with terra firma, he hobbled at best.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

YAY! on 13:18 - Jan 19 with 681 viewsDyland

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 11:18 - Jan 19 by GavTWTD

I think some expect a "new manager bounce" but it's different for us. New managers can usually tweak a couple of things and get instant results, but that wasn't possible here due to so many new and inexperienced players at this level, and before the transfer window opened so had to work with what he had.

What we have now is the start of "his team" although it may take another two windows or mote to undo what Hurst has done.

Having run this site for so many years, it's great to see some positivity on here, and to have a manager that loves the club.

Weird feeling being a super blue at the moment.

Though of course, some are complaining there's too much positive PR. Arf :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

YAY! on 13:20 - Jan 19 with 678 viewsHerbivore

YAY! on 13:18 - Jan 19 by Dyland

Weird feeling being a super blue at the moment.

Though of course, some are complaining there's too much positive PR. Arf :)

The minutes around the final whistle against Rotherham were pretty special, the atmosphere was great. The positivity around the place generally is quite incredible given how crap we are.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 13:23 - Jan 19 with 674 viewsGuthrum

'we haven’t exactly hit the ground running under PL' on 13:16 - Jan 19 by Trequartista

Results trump everything else. He hasn't hit the ground running on results. He may start running now he has hit the ground, but at the point of contact with terra firma, he hobbled at best.

But he was still stuck with the same footwear ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024