Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Report from game 18:05 - Jan 19 with 3905 viewsjasondozzell

Can't be overly harsh or critical. Would have been great to get something, and looked at points like we might come away with a draw, but in the end a more balanced and familiar team wore us down.

We looked like what we are: a side with promise who are recently assembled, still getting used to each other and still prone to defensive frailties. No one played terribly, although Freddie had a frustrating afternoon, but they just had a little bit more nous than us.

Remain impressed by Lambert. We continue to try to play the right way and had passages where we were well on top. Judge looked v promising- easy to see he's technically v gifted and he was trying to play people in and get us going from off. Will only improve.

Keane and Quaner continue to give us physical presence up front and we do look more dangerous. Final ball still lacking.

Thought chalobah v good today. Is prone to mistakes but played well I thought. One or two dodgy moments aside Collins very classy again. Never panics.

Very good of Lambert to fund coaches. So glad he's staying. He will get it right. I've got a nightmare train journey back now but despite disappointment feel upbeat. Lambert has brought unity and I like his brand of football. Today was entertaining mostly. World away from the grim grindball at the end of Mick's time.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 18:13]
Report from game on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 3826 viewsLancsBlue

Spot on. Bloke next to me moaning about Chalobah, who along with Judge was our best player. Sometimes think people are watching a different game.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Report from game on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 3804 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 18:11 - Jan 19 by LancsBlue

Spot on. Bloke next to me moaning about Chalobah, who along with Judge was our best player. Sometimes think people are watching a different game.

I know! People don't watch the game properly!
Whether we go down or not, we'll be ok with Lambert in charge.
Report from game on 18:17 - Jan 19 with 3738 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said, balanced report$

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Report from game on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 3716 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 18:17 - Jan 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well said, balanced report$

Cheers!
Report from game on 18:21 - Jan 19 with 3682 viewsMrTown

Have no doubt we’ll be fine with Lambert in charge when we go down.

A couple of questions/points...
- aren’t Quaker and Keane similar players to be an effective partnership?
- Freddie has gone well off the boil. Needs to be replaced.
- Lacking creativity is something we have been missing all season long, We sign Judge, both manager and player say his best qualities are about creating in the number. 10. So he was put at right midfield? Screams desperation to get all new players in.
- I like Chaloabh, going to be a very very good player, but we are relegated and he won’t be here next year. Where as Downes is seen as long term.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Report from game on 18:27 - Jan 19 with 3630 viewsBurwell_Blue

Report from game on 18:11 - Jan 19 by LancsBlue

Keane first half did enough to be motm
Report from game on 18:29 - Jan 19 with 3606 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 18:21 - Jan 19 by MrTown

Have no doubt we’ll be fine with Lambert in charge when we go down.

A couple of questions/points...
- aren’t Quaker and Keane similar players to be an effective partnership?
- Freddie has gone well off the boil. Needs to be replaced.
- Lacking creativity is something we have been missing all season long, We sign Judge, both manager and player say his best qualities are about creating in the number. 10. So he was put at right midfield? Screams desperation to get all new players in.
- I like Chaloabh, going to be a very very good player, but we are relegated and he won’t be here next year. Where as Downes is seen as long term.

Agree about Keane and Quaner. Of the two I have been more impressed with Keane, but Quaner did cause them problems today. I think Lambert has felt that he has no other option than to fit them all in.

Harsh on Freddie. He's a confidence player. Probably one v of our better performers this season.

Agree about creativity. Judge may move. He was v good. Call affect game whether he is right or central.

Lambert likes Downes. He'll be back.
Report from game on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 3575 viewsjas0999

... but we lost two nil and have now lost six away on the bounce scoring no goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Report from game on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 3559 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 18:31 - Jan 19 by jas0999

... but we lost two nil and have now lost six away on the bounce scoring no goals.

Yes. Not that surprising considering this team has been bottom for most of season.
Report from game on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 3507 viewsMrTown

Report from game on 18:29 - Jan 19 by jasondozzell

Agree about Keane and Quaner. Of the two I have been more impressed with Keane, but Quaner did cause them problems today. I think Lambert has felt that he has no other option than to fit them all in.

Harsh on Freddie. He's a confidence player. Probably one v of our better performers this season.

Agree about creativity. Judge may move. He was v good. Call affect game whether he is right or central.

Lambert likes Downes. He'll be back.

Likewise agree Keane has been more impressive than Quaner imo. Keane looks a little bit more technically better as well, Quaner looks big strong but doesn’t know what his feet are going to do next let alone his teammates. Would be v surprised if he scores more than 2 goals for us.

He’s the v definition of a confidence player, but Jesus Christ he rarely rarely looks like he is playing with any confidence at all. Freddie works tirelessly and full credit for that but there has be a greater element on attacking prowess in his role and he doesn’t deliver that consistently at all.

Judge’s technical qualities clear to see, “ring rust” was also evident to see unfortunately.

Downes should be playing imo, Chalobah will not be here next year, we have to be looking at Downes for the future.

Should be taking a page out of the Blackburn handbook, well oiled and use the 4-2-3-1 system with balanced defensively and offensively, fair play to them.

Report from game on 19:05 - Jan 19 with 3409 viewsBackToRussia

Well done on getting there and thanks for your report. I hope your journey goes as smooth as it can.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Report from game on 19:12 - Jan 19 with 3385 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 19:05 - Jan 19 by BackToRussia

Well done on getting there and thanks for your report. I hope your journey goes as smooth as it can.

Thank you! Hopefully not too bad...

Mind you Rovers fans on here singing 'It's a long way back to Ipswich when you're sh*t!'. Sigh.

Enjoyed today though strangely. Lambert is huge boost.
Report from game (n/t) on 19:13 - Jan 19 with 3378 viewsFixed_It

Report from game on 18:31 - Jan 19 by jas0999

Thanks for your imput.
Although - I have to say I prefer his. Did you go today?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 19:15]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Report from game on 19:17 - Jan 19 with 3354 viewsBackToRussia

Report from game on 19:12 - Jan 19 by jasondozzell

Thank you! Hopefully not too bad...

Mind you Rovers fans on here singing 'It's a long way back to Ipswich when you're sh*t!'. Sigh.

Enjoyed today though strangely. Lambert is huge boost.

Fark em buh. At least you're getting out of Blackburn.

We've not really had much adversity in the last 10 years. Couple of flirts with relegation and being utterly toot, but nothing like this, nothing properly real.

So desperate that we come out of this stronger and have our moment in the sun.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Report from game on 19:25 - Jan 19 with 3307 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 19:17 - Jan 19 by BackToRussia

Fark em buh. At least you're getting out of Blackburn.

We've not really had much adversity in the last 10 years. Couple of flirts with relegation and being utterly toot, but nothing like this, nothing properly real.

So desperate that we come out of this stronger and have our moment in the sun.

Exactly. I think we will do with Lambert. Got to just keep believing!
Report from game on 19:27 - Jan 19 with 3297 viewsBackToRussia

Report from game on 19:25 - Jan 19 by jasondozzell

I'll keep on if you will, pal

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Report from game on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 3182 viewsjasondozzell

Report from game on 19:27 - Jan 19 by BackToRussia

I'll keep on if you will, pal

Report from game on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 3157 viewsMrTown

Report from game on 19:25 - Jan 19 by jasondozzell

Still believe Lambert is the man.

Needs to properly rebuild in L1

Report from game on 21:04 - Jan 19 with 3024 viewsBlueAllOver

Funny how people see the same game, thought both our fullbacks were poor, particularly Elder, at fault for both goals. While Sears again was not far from terrible.

Blackburn thoroughly deserved the three points.

Positives - Collins superb and Keane particularly in the first half, Judge decent set pieces.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024